SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Making a Glock 19 “short” (26 slide)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making a Glock 19 “short” (26 slide) Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Just a fun discussion.

I like the idea of a 19 frame, with a 1/2” removed from the dust cover, topped off with a 26 slide.

I know it’s possible to get grip adapters and just use 19 mags in a 26.

But for the sake of discussion, a 19 frame with no finger grooves shortened to match a 26 slide would be a hoot.

Some would argue that 1/2” slide length isn’t worth the difference.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26305 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Way ahead of you. Wink https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...220041144#5220041144

Dang. I looked too. Evidently not well enough though.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually considering doing the opposite and chopping my 19 to a 26 size frame. I can see the utility of a 26 slide for owb though.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have a 19 slide on a 26 frame. The grip length is what bothers me carrying my 19 IWB. With the shorter grip I could conceal much easier.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I’d like to have a G17 slide on a 19 frame.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I don't see the point in having a 26 slide on a 19. You still have the disadvantage of the longer 19 grip when concealed, and a shorter sight radius and barrel with the 26 upper.

I went the opposite, and cut down a 19 to accept the 26 mags.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Agony has made exactly what I'd like to have!!! Maybe I'll find another 19 and try to do this myself.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I don't see the point in having a 26 slide on a 19. You still have the disadvantage of the longer 19 grip when concealed, and a shorter sight radius and barrel with the 26 upper.

Being I carry appendix, the shorter slide with longer grip makes sense and works for me. Why the G19X is my favorite Glock and carry. A G26 slide on a 19 frame makes sense for appendix carry as well. The 2.0 M&P 3.6” is probably the closet concept to that.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I carry appendix and don't notice any disadvantage with the 19 length slides compared to 26. The only time it is noticeable is when I switch to a 43.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

That looks awesome agony

Posts: 180 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: September 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The more I think about this, I am favoring the idea of a Gen5 G26, and adapters for G19 mags. Then I have the option to carry the G26 with regular mags too.

RB

posted Hide Post
I went the same route as agony and chopped my g19 to a g26 grip. I did mine myself so it's not as clean and pretty as his but it works well for me and is my most carried gun.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the surgery yesterday 19 frame to 26 and although I still need to clean it up I like what I now have at the moment.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can one of our photoshop experts here mock up a 26X?

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why not chop a 19 slide down to a 26 size and shorten the grip down to a 26 size? Oh wait... Big Grin

Posts: 13084 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Why not chop a 19 slide down to a 26 size and shorten the grip down to a 26 size? Oh wait... Big Grin

I think you might be onto something. Glock could have a winner if they'd just listen to us. Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
The more I think about this, I am favoring the idea of a Gen5 G26, and adapters for G19 mags. Then I have the option to carry the G26 with regular mags too.

That's certainly the quick and dirty way of obtaining the profile of the gun that the OP is after. X-Grip sleeves are usually only about $11 or $12. That's certainly cheap enough to even allow one to try stippling to improve purchase on the gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I don't intend to cut and paste any Glocks, but just 2¢ worth on concealed carry. I've CC a bunch of different pistols and revolvers over a good many years. The pistol's butt always mattered more than slide length, unless the slide goes over about 5". Never understood having these little short slide mini guns, then first thing owners want to do is use full size magazines, adaptors, etc. Like Agony's concept a lot better....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I carry a Gen5 G19, which is about perfect for OWB, and the G26 is a consideration for IWB.

RB