SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a recoil buffer besides Buffer Technology? I may worry about the durability of my Sig 10MM to much, but even with the strong recoil spring I certain the slide is hitting the frame harder than it does in .45.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If it ain't designed to use a buffer, you're probably better off not using one.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are aluminum grips available for the P220 10MM SAO?

Thanks

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
ACP 1,
Yes, aluminum grips are available from Hogue in DA/SA, SAO, and DAK.

Here: http://www.hogueinc.com/grips/sigsauer/p220amer

SAO Aluminum here: http://www.hogueinc.com/grips/...220amer/sao/aluminum

Me personally, I prefer G 10.
SAO G 10 here: http://www.hogueinc.com/grips/...uer/p220amer/sao/g10

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
It could only happen to me, the dealer shipped my Elite to the FFL in Tennessee, only problem is, I live in Ohio.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links, see_kamp. Just ordered the black ones.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
If any Members have a new SIG P220 SAO 10mm and it shoots high, the part number for the taller front night sight is 1200283. It is a really good height match for the click adjustable rear sight, plenty of available adjustment range up & down. I had to email Exeter 3 - 4 times and take a picture of the new sight they recently installed so they could identify it. Just in case some time in the future it needs to be replaced due to dimming or damage.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well darn, the black ones are simply smooooth. I guess I should pay more attention as all the ones I ordered from Sig were checkered.

However, they do feel pretty good. Guess I can shoot with them in the air conditioned indoor range (no sweat).

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Sweet

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Has anyone milled their 220-10mm to accept a red dot? If so, can you provide the vendor's info. I'm still debating between the Glock 40 and a 220. Still not too crazy about Glocks.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I'd call up SIG before cutting into a 10mm and see if they aren't planning on cooking up a factory version, if only as an extension of their out-and-out hunting model or to complement the new 320 Romeos that SIG promises are coming out soon.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I am an impatient soul. But when are we going to see a version of the 10mm in DA/SA with fixed combat sights (maybe X-Ray) in stainless? I like the old full beaver tail, but I'm flexible.

The SAO are great at the range, I'm just not confident enough in my SAO skills to rely on them for social work.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
I am new to the 10mm and looking for advice on what ammo to use in this. Seems to be all over the place in terms of what is available. SIG's own 10mm ammo looks like it has about the same energy as their 357sig at about 560ft lbs . not that exciting for a 10mm.
are the hotter underwood or buffalo bores ok to use in this? the 135r 1600ft per sec with over 700 ft lbs seems incredible. just wondering if they can be safely used.
would be nice to hear everyone's experience on what they are using.

Posts: 779 | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
I am new to the 10mm and looking for advice on what ammo to use in this. Seems to be all over the place in terms of what is available. SIG's own 10mm ammo looks like it has about the same energy as their 357sig at about 560ft lbs . not that exciting for a 10mm.
are the hotter underwood or buffalo bores ok to use in this? the 135r 1600ft per sec with over 700 ft lbs seems incredible. just wondering if they can be safely used.

I prefer the heavier bullets personally. The Sig FMJ is no slouch at 1250fps probably the best factory ammo you will find at the price about $25 a box around here.
Best FMJ out of mine I have used to far but still have not gotten around to getting some Underwood which I plan to.

Though reloading is certainly the best plan for keeping cost down.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

I prefer the heavier bullets personally. The Sig FMJ is no slouch at 1250fps probably the best factory ammo you will find at the price about $25 a box around here.
Best FMJ out of mine I have used to far but still have not gotten around to getting some Underwood which I plan to.

Though reloading is certainly the best plan for keeping cost down.

I agree. The Sig FMJ ammo really surprised me. I only bought one box to try it out. Of course, now I can't find any more of it. But I will say it was an improvement over most other off the shelf 10mm.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Doesnt the sig ammo only have a power rating similar to lesser rounds? I would think the 10mm differentiates itself by having the 600-700ft lbs rounds

Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Looks like i was incorrect. SIG notes theirs to be about 610 ft lbs at muzzle which seems pretty respectable

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like i was incorrect. SIG notes theirs to be about 610 ft lbs at muzzle which seems pretty respectable

For a practice ammo at the price the Sig FMJ is no slouch.

Last outing I shot:
Federal XM10 which is 10mm in name only at 950fps.
Precision Delta 180gr Unknown FPS but more than XM10 but less than the Sig ammo.
Sig 180gr FMJ is 1250 FPS.

The Sig had a far more noticeable kick than the other two.
In all honesty for a full day of fun shooting I honestly would not want much more power.

Sure the Underwood and Buffalo Bore rounds have their place but for a hefty gun range session it would be a bit more than I would want.

Once I get myself in gear and actually start reloading I presume I will load it similar to the Sig ammo.

I like 180gr bullets as that is what I shoot in my .40s. No scientific reason or anything like that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Is there a threaded long barrel that will fit these models?
Would be nice to be able to use it with the silencerco octane. Should be ok as far as caliber but would pressures be too high?

posted Hide Post

Did anyone happen to pick up one of the originally spec'd DA/SA Match Elites **WITH** Adjustable sights before they decided mid-production to change to the fixed Night Sights? I handled this version back in June(?) at Cabela's, but had to wait 2 days until payday to pick it up. 2 Days later when I returned, it was gone!! Mad

Was this version a "Unicorn," fluke, or was there a short production run with this original configuration? Does anyone have one of these and more importantly, are you willing to part with it? Wink I know there was one member who did a swap from the Elite SAO to the Match Elite DA/SA to get the Adjustables, but this required an exchange of slides, barrels, some internals etc and more importantly... Another P220 10mm as the Donor with the owner really wanting Fixed Sights/Black Slide.

My reasoning for wanting / needing this configuration:

- This will be a Dual Duty gun for me....EDC & Hunt/Woods Defense.

The Adjustable Sights give me the options for compensating for Ligther "Urban" loads vs. the Heavy Hardcast loads that I would be using in the Woods during various/numerous times throughout the year when my camp is on my back in the WILDerness. The DA/SA would give a little bit more piece of mind, not having to worry about releasing a Safety during those INTENSE encounters. 3 out of the last 4 years I have had Bear encounters under 20 yards with 2 of them in an uncomfortable 10 yards or less with one of those having a Bear "Bluff" charge me this past August (had the S&W 44 Mag just in case) and the other with a Bear that had no intention of moving any farther away from me. Got lucky on both of those accounts. The 44 Mag is obviously PLENTY of gun for the job, but with the over 8.5" barrel, it's weight and size are hardly ideal; though I love the gun.

Did anyone get one of these "Unicorns" or was this the needle in the haystack that may have been a 1 off? If I get the DA/SA Match Elite with Fixed Sights, what are my options as far as changing over to Adjustable Sights or that Sig will offer the configuration as originally advertised? Better yet....if there was a run of these, where can I pick one up?

Any and all Help is appreciated for my 1st SIG FORUM post!

Thanks in Advance....

- Erick

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post