SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Member
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icetraxx:
.38supersig for your 10mm frankensig, did you take a p220 stainless .45 and swap out the locking block and slide from a 10mm to create a p220 10mm da/sa? The reason I am asking is that I have a p220 .45 elite da/sa and a SAO 10mm. I was thinking about swapping the slides and locking block to give me a da/sa 10mm version. I have an extra Grey Guns adjustable trigger that I am going to install as well. According to their website it will fit all da/sa version of the P220 but not the sao version.


Hey, The frame was from a 10mm DA/SA two tone and the block and slide was from a 10mm SAO Nitron.

I had a P-SPIT trigger laying around and put it in the 10mm when I got it. All of my other P220s (not including the X-Six) have the 8mm trigger and this is the only one it would fit.



My other Sig is a Steyr...
 
Posts: 2355 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
What I want is an all stainless P220 10 mm with double action. Is this possible?


2001 German P220 (45), 1990 W. German P226 9MM.
In the past: Euro P220's 45/38, P225, P229
 
Posts: 200 | Location: Phoenix Arizona (Glendale Area) | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They've got the frame (finally got the two-tone!). In theory all you need is the upper half of a Stainless Elite and the lower half of a Two Tone and you should be good to go.

(If anyone knows why a DA/SA lower half and an SAO upper half wouldn't simply go together, please speak up. It's worked just dandy with both standard and Match .45 220s.)

Now, will SIG put together that combination? I hope so. But for some reason SIG really put up a fight when it came to producing DA/SA .45 Match pistols - they seemed to be convinced that the Match had to have adjustable sights and an SAO trigger. I think they may see the 10mm as fitting into a similar, specialized niche.
 
Posts: 20769 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I think they may see the 10mm as fitting into a similar, specialized niche.


Well, they do know what we need better than we do (even if we won’t buy what they know we “need”). I just read an article about the Winchester 1895 and how in the early days the company would provide virtually any custom configuration a customer wanted. I find that hugely ironic when at the time so much more hand work was required to produce a gun than today when much is automated. I was seriously interested in a 10mm P220 when they were first announced, but when it was obvious that the version I wanted was unlikely to ever be offered, I found other guns to scratch that itch.

“Although no one would ever use a 10mm P220 for serious target shooting, that’s what they’re designed for, not personal defense, and we’re not going to make any suitable for that purpose. A 10mm P220 with normal frame, fixed sights, and DAK trigger is not the gun you’re looking for.”




“[T]ry not to shoot any friendlies ….”
— JALLEN
 
Posts: 37355 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I think they may see the 10mm as fitting into a similar, specialized niche.


Well, they do know what we need better than we do (even if we won’t buy what they know we “need”). I just read an article about the Winchester 1895 and how in the early days the company would provide virtually any custom configuration a customer wanted. I find that hugely ironic when at the time so much more hand work was required to produce a gun than today when much is automated. I was seriously interested in a 10mm P220 when they were first announced, but when it was obvious that the version I wanted was unlikely to ever be offered, I found other guns to scratch that itch.

“Although no one would ever use a 10mm P220 for serious target shooting, that’s what they’re designed for, not personal defense, and we’re not going to make any suitable for that purpose. A 10mm P220 with normal frame, fixed sights, and DAK trigger is not the gun you’re looking for.”


I opened this thread this morning to see if they had added any to the lineup. I guess not. I've been waiting for a Sig 10mm since I started getting into pistols back around 2000. I was so excited to hear they were finally coming out with one, and then I didn't buy one because they only offered them in alternate configurations that nobody wanted to begin with. I guess I still won't be buying one, due to their silly, stubborn insistence in only making the guns they think I need rather than the guns I actually want these days. Now that I think about it, I haven't bought any new Sigs in quite a while. So disappointing.




"Stupid people proliferate because this world has been made safe enough they survive long enough to procreate."

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."
 
Posts: 2161 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I think they may see the 10mm as fitting into a similar, specialized niche.


Well, they do know what we need better than we do (even if we won’t buy what they know we “need”). I just read an article about the Winchester 1895 and how in the early days the company would provide virtually any custom configuration a customer wanted. I find that hugely ironic when at the time so much more hand work was required to produce a gun than today when much is automated. I was seriously interested in a 10mm P220 when they were first announced, but when it was obvious that the version I wanted was unlikely to ever be offered, I found other guns to scratch that itch.

“Although no one would ever use a 10mm P220 for serious target shooting, that’s what they’re designed for, not personal defense, and we’re not going to make any suitable for that purpose. A 10mm P220 with normal frame, fixed sights, and DAK trigger is not the gun you’re looking for.”


I opened this thread this morning to see if they had added any to the lineup. I guess not. I've been waiting for a Sig 10mm since I started getting into pistols back around 2000. I was so excited to hear they were finally coming out with one, and then I didn't buy one because they only offered them in alternate configurations that nobody wanted to begin with. I guess I still won't be buying one, due to their silly, stubborn insistence in only making the guns they think I need rather than the guns I actually want these days. Now that I think about it, I haven't bought any new Sigs in quite a while. So disappointing.


The Legion was announced in another thread


--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
 
Posts: 18231 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The current configurations are what keep me away.

Overly complicated, too limited, missing the most basic and obvious choices... maddening.

Just sell me an all stainless, no finish, standard sights, 10mm, in SAO.

That's it. No freaking camo or two tone, and no adjustable sights.

Give me less and charge me the same, really, that's all I ask.

But noooooooooooo.

Smile
 
Posts: 22057 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Oh, Happy Day!
 
Posts: 6519 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
46and2, two years ago now, I purcahsed exactly the gun you describe accepting the rear sight is adjustable. Just change the damn thing and be happy.
 
Posts: 886 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
 
The rear adjustable is actually quite nice. It is a nice square notch, and being able to adjust a click or two for different ammo is helpful.
 
The only thing I don't like about it is when you drive out the firing pin retainer roll pin, you will find that the the firing pin safety is bored through to the sight, such that the safety's spring helps hold the sight in place. When I took out the roll pin (to clean out the firing pin channel), the sight started floating. I fixed that by replacing the set screw in the sight with a pointed one, and drilled a slight hole into the slide so the set screw holds the sight firmly in place, in the center where it belongs. I had to go out and resight the pistol's elevation afer disassembing the sight, but it was worth it.
 
 
 
Posts: 7261 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fair enough, but...a fixed rear sight is a lot easier to live with than that, for those of us who don't mind a fixed sight.
 
Posts: 20769 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Hell, I went glock because I couldn't find a regular plane Jane da/sa without the funky call of duty pimp gun cammo job
 
Posts: 2297 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless P220 10mm SAO that I ordered from the Sig Academy Pro Shop. I had to wait almost a year to get it but it was worth the wait.


CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
Florida Class K Licensed Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor/RSO
NRA Certified LE Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
SIG and Glock Armorer
 
Posts: 1917 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I own the Glock 20 and the Sig P220 SAO,Camo, both guns are awesome...the trigger and sights on the Sig as well as the grip are better than the Glock, but the Glock holds more ammo, so there is a little trade off, but they are both keepers...


NRA, SASS, NCOWS
 
Posts: 179 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I too have the P220 Hunter. I looked at the G20 also but after doing some research decided on the Hunter.

I had seen,as I'm sure most have, the information on the G20 frame and chamber splitting on a gun. Many possible reasons for this to happen I guess but it got me thinking. Would I want to be holding polymer or metal if this happened to me?
 
Posts: 9 | Location: NC | Registered: June 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Not ever expecting a 10mm Legion to be made, I'm now excited as ever to have one finally on the way to me!
 
Posts: 13 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up one yesterday. 5" barrel, 2tone, da/sa, night sights. VERY PLEASED. Wish I could find the same one in 45.
 
Posts: 130 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
P220-10 Reverse Two-Tone and Legion:



Thanks Sig and Mr. Gray!
 
Posts: 13 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Do we expect a DA/SA in the normal size in 10mm anytime soon? The Legion looks great, but is just a little spendy for me.


What, me worry?
 
Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the bronze/DE , Lipsey Specials on Friday. Picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Waited a year or so looking for one of the models that appealed to me. Always had some other "iron in the fire" when I'd find a deal on a 220 I liked.

Saw the Lipsey model and decided to pull the trigger right then and there.

Now to find a few spare mags! A quick search at Brownells, Top Gun, Midway; NONE. Hell. SIG itself doesn't even show a 10mm 220 mag! What did I buy? A BREN ten?

FN in MT
 
Posts: 5248 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm

© SIGforum 2017