SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 and the French...thread drifted into: is there a compact and are police good at shooting?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 and the French...thread drifted into: is there a compact and are police good at shooting? Login/Join 
posted
We all know the SP2022 is named for the French contract. Which is coming up in 4 years.

I've never heard what they think about them. Will they renew? Want an updated version? Want a different style (striker)? Does SIG have something up their sleeve?

Thoughts?

ETA: or we can just argue about whether police are good at shooting and whether the compact version will ever come to America.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BuddyChryst,

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I suspect the SP2022 will start to be phased out. Late 2010, GLOCK pistols started making their presence within the specialized police unit’s armory from the French National Police. Multiple law enforcement entities have also slowly been replacing their inventories with G17’s & 26’s. The French Secret Service, known as SPHP (for Service de Protection des Hautes Personnalités), is a VIP protection unit, in charge of the President protective detail (Groupe de Sécurité de la Présidence de la République, a.k.a. GSPR), the French Premier, government members and the highest State Officials. Commonly wearing suits, the SPHP staff carry GLOCK 26 pistols. Suffice it say, Glocks are very popular with the French National Gendarmerie...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
It was a bum pick for a service weapon, so yeah, they will replace it with something better.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
It was a bum pick for a service weapon, so yeah, they will replace it with something better.

Whoa, what?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they are phased out and end up here.
Cheap. Razz

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you fired a SP2022 or an older Sig Pro? They are AWESOME guns. Hardly a "bum pick."

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think I've ever heard much negative about the guns and I've owned two. I'd prefer one over my 17 for duty. Hell, I'd prefer it over a metal frame classic P series.

No grip screws to rust. Big Grin

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they’ll go back to the MR73. That’d be awesome.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah who wants an affordable, accurate, reliable service weapon. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

Yeah who wants an affordable, accurate, reliable service weapon. Roll Eyes

You forgot about it being well balanced and having an excellent trigger.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Whoa, what?

I think he's being sarcastic.

I had one a few years ago which I converted to DAO then sold it to fund an engagement ring. A damn fine pistol, the trigger was one of the best out of the box triggers I've ever seen.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Ive owned several of them. They are OK. Yes they make decent service weapons. BUT, cops are not shooters. And I imagine the French cops are even worse shooters than the American cops. In that case, striker fired guns get better scores and faster follow up shots. Unless they really have terrible training and they really needed that heavy double action so as to not have negligent discharges.

I knew a few stateside cops that were issues this gun and the entire department HATED them and couldn't wait to replace them.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the 2022 is a range gun and fantastic at that; I have one and would never get rid of it. However, I wouldn't want to carry it all day long because it is big and clunky........when you carry a Sig 938 24/7 you get spoiled!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ive owned several of them. They are OK. Yes they make decent service weapons. BUT, cops are not shooters. And I imagine the French cops are even worse shooters than the American cops. In that case, striker fired guns get better scores and faster follow up shots. Unless they really have terrible training and they really needed that heavy double action so as to not have negligent discharges.

I knew a few stateside cops that were issues this gun and the entire department HATED them and couldn't wait to replace them.

I call BS on this entire statement. WTF are you talking about? "They are OK"?

I've literally never heard a bad word about a SIG Pro SP2022 in 10 years on this board until today.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2022 was my first Sig. I still own it too. If it was not a fine, accurate, reliable pistol it would have been long gone.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt the sp2022 will be replaced soon. That's 250'000 pistols to replace and the French Government need to save money everywher they can. I think it's not a priority for the French Gendarmerie as the Sp2022 is polymere and holds 15 rounds. The only difference is the action of the gun, and they feel more secure with a DA. ( that's why the glock was not selected in the trial ).

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Myself, I'm waiting for the SPC 2022 to make it to the USA. It may be a bit beefier than a Glock, but no hiccups and with the Medium grip actually feels better to my hand. Adoption by the French police forces (many of whom are actually paramilitary in nature) sold me on getting one several years ago.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish this thread had popped up before I purchased a SP2340 and three SP2022’s. Maybe I could of gotten off for less than the $1,000.00 the four cost me. My son sure is thrilled with the two I gave him.

Here are the two 9mm’s; I have not been able to upload photos of the .40 S&W’s.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two fifty a piece??? That's robbery! How'd you do that?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bubbatime, no disrespect meant at all, but this mantra of, "cops don't shoot" has become tiresome and is not really relevant in this SP2022 conversation. There are plenty of cops on SigForum who are shooters. Jerry Jones is a cop. You want to tell me he's not a shooter? I'm a cop, and I'm not too shabby. Bob Vogel's a cop and he's probably the best guy on the planet right now. Not every cop is Yoda, to be sure, but there are many, many cops who try to be. To lump all cops into one non-shooting basket is a wrong and a much too common misconception on the interwebs.

I could say that most civilian gun owners aren't shooters, and I'd be right, but I don't. No reason to go there. Truth is, the only folks out there who are "shooters" in the way you're describing are professional competition shooters. So, no need to slag all American cops in a thread about the SP2022.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post