SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Difference b/t P320 Carry and X-Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference b/t P320 Carry and X-Carry Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Hello folks.

I purchased a 320 Carry a few months back. I have always preferred the MTAC IBW holsters for concealed carry.

I emailed CompTac as they have the MTAC for the X-Carry, but not necessarily for the Carry version.

Today I went to the Sig website, and they don't have either Carry or X-Carry on their site to compare dimensions. I asked via their web form, but haven't heard back.

So the question to the forum, is.... Is there a dimensional difference between the two? Would it change things if I also got the smaller grip module for the gun (provided it is available)?

I did purchase the IWB from Grayguns, but it is just not comfortable for me and presents a large print when using.

Thanks

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No differences that affect holster dimensions or fit.

The P320 Compact, P320 Carry, and P320 X-Carry all use the same holsters. (Well, provided you don't have a Red Dot mounted on the X-Carry's slide...)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
If a holster is listed to fit the X Carry it will fit all versions.

The X Carry frame is wider in the grip area, and some holsters specifically for the regular 320's may or may not fit the X Carry frame.

This is especially true for duty style kydex holsters, and if the holster reaches the grip areas.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the holsters I have for the P320's fit each of the frames; presently I have sig factory original frames, x-frames, and the Wilson frames; they all fit the various holsters fine.

The x-carry is really just a frame change. Dimensionally, they don't change much until you get to the grip where the hand encircles; forward of that, they're about the same, and seem to fit the same, and that includes the TXG grip. The only difference is length (full size vs. compact/carry. The compact and carry have the same size slide, same length frame, and fit the same holster.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I suppose I will go ahead and order the MTAC.

Appreciate the assistance.

DLC

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post