SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s your ccw choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your ccw choice? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Of the below choices, which is your current choice or perhaps what would be your choice for a concealed carry pistol? I understand this is all subjective, but wanted to get everyone’s take on it.

Question:
What of the below would be your EDC CCW weapon of choice?

Choices:
.38 S&W Snubbie(or similar)
S&W M&P Shield
Glock 43
Glock 43X
Glock 26
Glock 19
Walther PPS
Sig P365
Other...

Question:
For CCW I prefer...

Choices:
Pocket Pistols (.380 pocket guns, LCP, etc)
Mini 9’s / similar (S&W Shield, Glock 43/43X)
Mid Size/Compacts (Glock 19, P228/229, S&W M&P Compact)
Full size guns (G17, P320 FS, P226, etc)

Posts: 1954 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G19 except when it's hot and humid as F#$% or a beach day, then I've gotten used to a S&W 340 w/38SPL in the pocket.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
There is a plethora of quality compact semi-automatics out there. To me, a small 9mm like the G26 (my personal choice) is the perfect balance between size and capability. I do carry a j-frame from time to time as well, particularly in the summer.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5280 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Like asking boxers or briefs, depends.

I frequently pocket carry a j-frame either a steel framed Smith 640 in .357 or an Airweight 642 in .38. Most of the time when carrying more than a j-frame it's a 1911 usually a Sig C3, alloy officer's length frame with commander length slide. Hiking or fishing it's a Smith 629 Mountain Gun in .44 Magnum.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11743 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on dress and the occasion. Often a pocket holster with a G43 or a S&W 642. Sometimes a G26 or 33 in the pocket.

I don't carry a lot with an ankle holster any more, but a G26 is good for that role.

For inside the waistband, usually a G32.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is this asking for YOU as in what would my suggestion be or is it asking what MY choice is.

Generally speaking I would suggest a Glock 19/23 as a perfect do it all Pistol. My own personal choice is I am more comfortable DA/SA so I choose for ME an HK P2000 9mm or .40. Which is basically a DA/SA Glock 19/23.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
My favorite and former plainclothes/off duty pistol, the 4513TSW. 6+1 rounds of RA45T goodness. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it’s mostly a small .380 in the pocket. If I go bigger it’s a Shield or G43. The only way I’d carry a G19 or something similar is if I open carried.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3499 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here is the list of pistols that I have carried on a consistent basis.

Glock 19
Glock 26
CZ P01
Sig P225
Sig P228
S&W Shield
S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 4"
S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6"

The Shield was of course the most concealable and comfortable. I currently carry the M&P 3.6" compact as I feel it balances size, concealment, shootability, and capacity better than the others.

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Mid-sized 9mms.

Sometimes as small as a M&P 1.0 Compact.
Sometimes as large as a P320 Carry.
Usually a G19 or M&P 2.0 Compact.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson CCO 45ACP
FM Detective M90 9mmP
Sig P238 380ACP

Eschew Tupperware! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16132 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine fall into the compact category. Currently, a P250 Compact in fo-tay.
When nostalgia takes hold of me, I strap on my 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Depending on clothing...a Glock G27 or a Ruger LCPII.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Voted G19 as that’s what I’ve carried for the last 7 or 8 years, but soon I’m switching to a G48.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15248 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 cover a lot of turf for every day carry. Winter and wearing a coat gives more options including 1911 or sig 239.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1518 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Primary is a Glock 26, unless we are going to the range, then I carry a Glock 19 because my wife will be shooting the G-26.

In the summer, when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I'll pocket carry a S&W 642.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to carry a P229, now a P320 Carry.

However, last year I messed up my back pretty good and it really aggravated it wearing a pistol on my belt. So as much as I prefer to have a tradition compact sized to full sized carry, I see some value in the small fries now.

I shoot the P365 well, even with XL hands, it has great capacity for its size, and still should be pocketable. I am teetering on the edge of purchase. I’m sure it won’t be long.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
P365 99% of the time.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
For about the last eight months, I've carried a P365 w/ a 12 round mag. I've qualified with it several times and gone through a defensive pistol class with it. It is every bit as accurate as any compact or full size pistol I've ever shot. I've added a RMSc and it is even more accurate for me, without sacrificing concealability.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
G19, but switched to a G43 pocket carry several months ago. Now I think it will be a G48 IWB as I play with the G48 more.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post