SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My beater P226
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My beater P226 Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P226' just seem to thrive on abuse!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like others have said replace springs, And that cold blue looks great! Nice work!

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwm1150
posted Hide Post
Just cold blueing it did wonders. Just change springs and keep it as is. That is if you live somewhere with low humidity and rust wont be an issue.

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice job cleaning it up!

Another vote to just change the springs and to leave the rest be.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That gun shows honest use and reflects a vast amount of character. Hard use but reliable and tested is not an unwelcome indicator of future performance with a little bit of TLC.

I suspect that there are more than a few of us here who have a similar weapon of one type or another. Shooting a perfect weapon diminishes its value. There is not much you could do to that 226 that would make less than it is; to me that is a perfect range gun that can be used without regret

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I think the cold blue job looks good. Worn but not too worn. I'd leave it as is.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post