SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As soon as I can get my hands on one I will be making leather holsters for the P365.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 99 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
After handling one and interviewing Bruce Gray, I'll be picking one up for EDC. It was a nice pistol.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot one today. Loading 9 in the mag was easy. It did not appear to have been cleaned or lubed other then what the factory shipped. A few light firing pin strikes and several failures to return to battery. Smaller than the pps m1 i took with me. I shot better groups with the Sig than the PPS. Glock knuckle on the Sig may be a thing, but it also could be the price for getting the size so small.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I shot one today. Loading 9 in the mag was easy. It did not appear to have been cleaned or lubed other then what the factory shipped. A few light firing pin strikes and several failures to return to battery. Smaller than the pps m1 i took with me. I shot better groups with the Sig than the PPS. Glock knuckle on the Sig may be a thing, but it also could be the price for getting the size so small.

Smaller than the PPS and you shot better groups with it? Very interesting...

The failures are concerning, though. Was it a new gun that might need some break-in, or a range gun that was extra dirty?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

Let us know what Sig says once you call them. I am putting one on order next week.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that they have the engineering worked out, they should come out with a larger version with the same thinness. 3.6" barrel, and a capacity of 13-14 rounds.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Now that they have the engineering worked out, they should come out with a larger version with the same thinness. 3.6" barrel, and a capacity of 13-14 rounds.

This is what we were saying in another thread. I'd love them to make the slides compatible, and mags too.

I'd be all over a Sig P365 Long Slide, with a 15 round backup mag!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Light strikes and failures returning to battery. What?

Is this a favorable review? Would you buy that same pistol?

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
No doubt there will be some growing pains. I would sit out the initial release, and perhaps pick one up 2 years after initial launch. I dont like being a beta tester.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a rental. I was the first to shoot it. Most likely had never been cleaned or lubed from the factory.
I have PPS M1, EMP, CM9, and Shield 9. I have single stack 9mm covered at the moment. Not sure about the trigger. First shot- I sent before I intended too. Recoil was not bad.
Light strikes have me concerned. Not sure I can blame that on lack of lube. There was some thin white grease around the ejection port after firing. No sign of other lube. May have been shipped that way with whatever.

Range ammo was Midwest remanufacture

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I've never been a fan of "having to clean a gun before shooting it" for it to work. I mean, I'd bet 75% of the general gun purchasers take their gun home, fire a box of ammo through it, and then they're done with it until it's needed for defense. Is that the right way? No, it's not - but it's a reality, and a gun should work 100% out of the box as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 99 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As with any new design, I wouldn't want to be the first one on my block to buy one.

I'd give this gun six months to a year before picking one up. I'd wait until I start hearing 1-2000 round reviews.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I too will give Sig 2 years to let the beta testers find all the bugs then I may look at one.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the first pistol in a whole lot of years that I'm truly interested in from a design, ergonomics, and micro compact perspective. If I can shave a full ten ounces off of my DW CCO Lightweight 1911 and six ounces off the Glock 19... AND STILL HAVE TOTAL RELIABILITY, I'm a buyer.

One caveat... and it's an important one... watching Sig the last number of years, they've been on a rampant Kimber-like marketing expansion and frankly, some of their designs have had... issues, big time.

With that said.. if the actual range use from Sig Forum and other forums are totally positive, I'm in!

Good Luck Sig!

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Two local source listings already have them in the $600 range. Funny since those on gunbroker in the close to $800 range haven't even closed yet. I'll wait for a used one...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Two local source listings already have them in the $600 range. Funny since those on gunbroker in the close to $800 range haven't even closed yet. I'll wait for a used one...

My local store will be selling them for $499, when they get them in.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
It is short and light in the pull. ALMOST too short and light, for me. But I dont think anyone is going to have or get in trouble with it. The trigger guard is plenty wide enough and any holster that covers the trigger will be sufficient.

Now in comparison to the triggers on the 320s, it compares closest to the trigger on the 320X5. Smooth, light, short pull with a crisp break. It is not identical to the 320X5 trigger, but right behind it in quality of trigger pull. If that makes any sense.

Now as to the 320 triggers, I have only had two 320s come through the shop - out of 40 some odd examples, that had triggers that all the employees thought were "too light and too short" for safe usage.

Both of them were on "post recall" Sig 320 compacts. One black one and one in that dogshit brown color. They were lighter and shorter in pull than the PPQ 9 we have for sale. None of us preferred it to the original 320 trigger pull.

And all of us still think the full size 320 X5 has the best trigger pull of any 320 that has come through the shop. Hope this helps! Regards 18DAI

Thanks!

I will definitely need to have hands on with this one before making a decision.

For now my P250SC remains my EDC Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just placed a pre-order with Brownells for $460 shipped. At that price I’m willing to wait I’m line for a bit.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
I just placed a pre-order with Brownells for $460 shipped. At that price I’m willing to wait I’m line for a bit.

What code did you use to get it at $460? I saw the deal on gun.deals, but the code didn't work for me.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:

What code did you use to get it at $460? I saw the deal on gun.deals, but the code didn't work for me.

NBH worked for me. YMMV...
ETA: that code was for Wednesday only.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peanut71,

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post