SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the 10mm dead? Springfield says No!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the 10mm dead? Springfield says No! Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loki993:

Now HK are you listening please complete my life and make the USP in 10mm or the HK45

Oh yes. The USP would be very nice in 10mm. Particularly if they can make one as an Elite longslide.

The only problem is that H&K only seems to make guns that the police and military want. 10MM is more of a sportsman's caliber now.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The only reason 10mm will ever die is if all of their brass cases fail to contain the extreme power and rupture simultaneously around the world.

Oh, was a sad day it would...shall be.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My SIG P220-10mm is the most accurate pistol I own. From 900fps 200gr reloads to Underwood 1300fps 180gr Gold Dots, I can place them exactly where they need to go. Not so with any of my other SIG pistols. I don't really understand why, P320 9mm should be easier and more accurate, but the 10mm blows it away. Maybe the 320 has a bit faster splits, the but 10mm is the accuracy king.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
*Think of all the kittehs*

The horror!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! My 10mm P220 needs a companion like a long barreled XD(M)
I used to send a request to Springfield once or twice a year requesting a 10mm XD. I suppose I'm obligated to buy one if they go on sale.
Thee is more variety and better prices for 10mm ammo right now than ever before it seems. The SIG loads are good, the S&B loads are not that expensive and not wimpy. I haven't seen a box of Silvertips in a couple of years though.
Now if Ruger would just make a 10mm Mini-14 (Mini-10) i'd be giddy Smile

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield introduces a new gun without a marketing campaign packed with Under Armour clad crossfit models? Eek I'm still waiting for a "this changes everything" tag line. Just because they introduced a 10mm doesn't mean they are by any means an innovator. A 10mm 1911 is old news. A new polymer striker fired 10mm is a little more unique but I still think the XD is the most overrated striker fired gun.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Good for SA! Now, if only Ruger would put a 10mm out in a GP100!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just think of an XDs in 10mm lol

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:

Would not be that hard to do. They all have basically a 45 frame.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
10mm isn't going anywhere, in either direction.

Given how many new 10mms have recently made it to the market and how many more seem to pop up from time to time, I'm not sure this is true.

quote:
More to the point Springfield needed to do this. SIG doesn't.

Perhaps, but it's generally better to do something when you can rather than when you need to - what you do tends to turn out better that way.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
quote:
Originally posted by loki993:

Now HK are you listening please complete my life and make the USP in 10mm or the HK45

Oh yes. The USP would be very nice in 10mm. Particularly if they can make one as an Elite longslide.

The only problem is that H&K only seems to make guns that the police and military want. 10MM is more of a sportsman's caliber now.

I would give valuable parts of my body for a longslide HK 10mm

Posts: 140 | Location: NW Kansas | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Of course 10mm isn't dead, that is why Springfield is playing follow the leader and putting out a 10mm. Please don't think that they are in any way an innovator, or keeping it from extinction. They're in it for the payday. Good for them.

But they ain't rescuing 10mm, 10's doing fine without them.

Also, it's worth noting that Springfield once offered a 10mm called the Omega. It's a bit of a curiosity, most of them were 10mm, some were multicaliber.

and a pretty decent pistol it was,

peters stahl out of Germany made the slide assy,

had one thru the shop back in the fall,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:

Would not be that hard to do. They all have basically a 45 frame.

Not sure if I'd want to try that one.

Sig spent a few years before they said their P220 would handle a 10mm.

Glock does one better. They make a 10mm and then change it to a .45 for people who like underpowered rounds and having fewer of them.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husdat:
Perhaps, they should make a UMP10 as UMP45's successor. Then, put in a COD or Battlefield game and sales of 10mm will boost. But that would bump the price of 10mm in the short term, and I dont like it. Havent stocked up any yet.

They did make a 10mm UMP, and Mp5 as well. Where you been? Also, you're overestimating the effect of putting 10mm in a couple video games. Bump the price of 10mm? No.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
...They make a 10mm and then change it to a .45 for people who like underpowered rounds and having fewer of them.

Ouch Big Grin

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
A SA Range Officer in 10mm would be on my short list, good news

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:

Nail on the head. H&K puts about 90% of their resources into mil/LEO desired equipment. They are good at what they do.

Back when I was a little younger and at the peak of my fitness, I ran a G20 10mm through a number of high stress courses of fire during a week long Vickers training. I could run the 10mm well when the courses of fire were low volume, there was less stress on follow up shot speed, and I wasn't tired. When the intensity picked up and I got to my second reload things got bad. I've been known for having an excellent base and grip, but running that 10mm under stress after doing 3min of burpies was damn hard. I was soon left behind by the less skilled G17 9mm shooters in accuracy and speed. I decided to finish the week using an instructor's G17 9mm, and I ended up catching up and beating those guys out. I sold my 10mm as a serious antipersonnel defensive pistol, but I would definitely consider getting another if I wanted a good woods gun. The 10mm does a better job of punching an expanded hollow point a good 18" in soft tissue, and that is what I would want in a animal defensive caliber.

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post