SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield .45 trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield .45 trigger Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I love my new shield but really want a better trigger. Who has given one the Apex treatment and how do you compare it to stock? Doesn't have to be the .45 I think they are close to the same anyway.

.45 shield Apex duty/carry

That and a set of Trijicon HD sights and it'll be damn near perfect for me I think.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I've found the stock Shield 45 trigger to be a vast improvement over the 9/40. I did put an Apex sear in my 45 though. The sear alone dropped the pull to 3.75lbs, a bit too light for me. So I'll order the rest of the springs and see out that pans out.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I went the full course with sear, springs and trigger shoe (I'm getting hooked on flat-face triggers). Overall better than factory with shorter take up and reset. It's breaking at 5 lbs but feels lighter with the crisp break and flat trigger.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Did you install everything yourself? I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I've done lots of AR work and other small projects I've replaced a broken M14 hammer and things like that. The videos don't make it look too bad.

I really like the flatter triggers too. Ever since I shot a 320 with apex trigger I've wanted to spend more time with them.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Yes. The M&Ps aren't difficult. Invest in a set of roll-pin punches. If you want to do the firing pin plunger spring, I recommend getting a sight pusher. The rear sight on an M&P can be very difficult to drift out.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post