SIGforum
Shield .45 trigger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2670043824

August 04, 2017, 04:52 PM
Jus228
Shield .45 trigger
I love my new shield but really want a better trigger. Who has given one the Apex treatment and how do you compare it to stock? Doesn't have to be the .45 I think they are close to the same anyway.

.45 shield Apex duty/carry

That and a set of Trijicon HD sights and it'll be damn near perfect for me I think.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
August 04, 2017, 05:00 PM
ceptor781
I've found the stock Shield 45 trigger to be a vast improvement over the 9/40. I did put an Apex sear in my 45 though. The sear alone dropped the pull to 3.75lbs, a bit too light for me. So I'll order the rest of the springs and see out that pans out.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."
August 05, 2017, 11:27 AM
MWC
I went the full course with sear, springs and trigger shoe (I'm getting hooked on flat-face triggers). Overall better than factory with shorter take up and reset. It's breaking at 5 lbs but feels lighter with the crisp break and flat trigger.

August 05, 2017, 02:43 PM
Jus228
Did you install everything yourself? I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I've done lots of AR work and other small projects I've replaced a broken M14 hammer and things like that. The videos don't make it look too bad.

I really like the flatter triggers too. Ever since I shot a 320 with apex trigger I've wanted to spend more time with them.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
August 05, 2017, 06:42 PM
MWC
Yes. The M&Ps aren't difficult. Invest in a set of roll-pin punches. If you want to do the firing pin plunger spring, I recommend getting a sight pusher. The rear sight on an M&P can be very difficult to drift out.