SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 RXP Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 RXP Compact Login/Join 
posted
Picked this pistol up used recently. Was a little surprised to see the rounded trigger on the gun. The 'new' P320's have the flat trigger.

Can anyone tell me when the X Compact was introduced and when/why Sig switched over to the flat trigger on this model?

Thanks!
Bob

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Can you post a pic?

The XCompact comes with a flat trigger. I'm not familiar with the RXP Compact specfically.

Generally, most P320s currently come with a thin curved trigger. Originally, they came with a fatter curved trigger before the "voluntary upgrade" was offered. https://www.sigsauer.com/press...program-information/

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "RXP" is the identical gun to the X Compact with the exception of the 'factory installed' Romeo Pro 1 red-dot sight.

It seems like the 'early' releases of this gun must have had the rounded trigger which at some point was replaced by the flat trigger found the the 'regular' X Compact.

posted Hide Post
The RXP also has and comes with Sig's fixed suppressor height sights and has the ability to accept a Leupold DPP. I don't believe that the XCompact has either of these.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks for the correction. But I'm still curious about the trigger?

posted Hide Post
I find the Compact frustrating in that it has suppressor height sights, but there are no compact threaded barrels available. As to the why of the flat trigger, I don't know, but I like it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Some good info at this link

P320 X-compact

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an X-Compact RXP and a regular Compact RXP. X-Compact RXP has suppressor height X-ray3 sights and a flat trigger. The regular Compact RXP has suppressor height 3-dot sites and a curved trigger.

X-Compact has 3.6" barrel/slide while the regular Compact has 3.9" barrel/slide.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
There is an X-Compact RXP and a regular Compact RXP. X-Compact RXP has suppressor height X-ray3 sights and a flat trigger. The regular Compact RXP has suppressor height 3-dot sites and a curved trigger.

X-Compact has 3.6" barrel/slide while the regular Compact has 3.9" barrel/slide.

Thank you Sir!!! Mystery solved!!! Subtle differences but differences none the less. I appreciate you educating me!!