SIGforum
Sig P320 RXP Compact

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2570013374

August 10, 2020, 08:58 AM
huskerbob
Sig P320 RXP Compact
Picked this pistol up used recently. Was a little surprised to see the rounded trigger on the gun. The 'new' P320's have the flat trigger.

Can anyone tell me when the X Compact was introduced and when/why Sig switched over to the flat trigger on this model?

Thanks!
Bob
August 10, 2020, 09:04 AM
rvbgtr
Can you post a pic?

The XCompact comes with a flat trigger. I'm not familiar with the RXP Compact specfically.

Generally, most P320s currently come with a thin curved trigger. Originally, they came with a fatter curved trigger before the "voluntary upgrade" was offered. https://www.sigsauer.com/press...program-information/
August 10, 2020, 09:25 AM
huskerbob
The "RXP" is the identical gun to the X Compact with the exception of the 'factory installed' Romeo Pro 1 red-dot sight.

It seems like the 'early' releases of this gun must have had the rounded trigger which at some point was replaced by the flat trigger found the the 'regular' X Compact.
August 10, 2020, 09:33 AM
paperchasin
The RXP also has and comes with Sig's fixed suppressor height sights and has the ability to accept a Leupold DPP. I don't believe that the XCompact has either of these.
August 10, 2020, 09:43 AM
huskerbob
OK, thanks for the correction. But I'm still curious about the trigger?
August 11, 2020, 07:02 AM
Fredward
I find the Compact frustrating in that it has suppressor height sights, but there are no compact threaded barrels available. As to the why of the flat trigger, I don't know, but I like it.
August 11, 2020, 10:16 AM
ThankGod4Sig
Some good info at this link

P320 X-compact

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para
August 11, 2020, 11:25 PM
Lefty Sig
There is an X-Compact RXP and a regular Compact RXP. X-Compact RXP has suppressor height X-ray3 sights and a flat trigger. The regular Compact RXP has suppressor height 3-dot sites and a curved trigger.

X-Compact has 3.6" barrel/slide while the regular Compact has 3.9" barrel/slide.
August 12, 2020, 07:27 AM
huskerbob
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
There is an X-Compact RXP and a regular Compact RXP. X-Compact RXP has suppressor height X-ray3 sights and a flat trigger. The regular Compact RXP has suppressor height 3-dot sites and a curved trigger.

X-Compact has 3.6" barrel/slide while the regular Compact has 3.9" barrel/slide.

Thank you Sir!!! Mystery solved!!! Subtle differences but differences none the less. I appreciate you educating me!!