SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you cross a CZ with a 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you cross a CZ with a 1911 Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
Dan Wesson finally announced the new pistol I hinted at a few months ago. They basically took all of the best things about the CZ Shadow 2 and a 1911 and made one hell of a nice pistol. The full size takes P09/P10F mags while the compact version is going to take the 75 series mags.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/...sEorWbQvUJgIiS-zJ-Ps

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like. I have no use for it in a competition setting but I still like.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Looks cool... how many people were complaining about TSO or Shadow 2 triggers though?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ok, that is really sweet. A nice alternative to a 2011. Not to mention it fixes the small grip area on the slide, which is my primary problem with CZs.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Darn it, another new gun with a rail.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. Hope STI gets some competition so we can see some of the pricing come down a bit....

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great addition to the market! I’m a huge CZ fan and will be tempted.

I think It will be a huge mistake if they don’t offer it with a single sided safety.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Me gusta.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Compact.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Darn it, another new gun with a rail.

The lack of an RMR cut is more concerning : D

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice to see they’re offering it in .40; some of us still like our .40’s. I think the red trigger and grip panels look pretty cool, too. Really sets it off.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I rather like this! I will be watching how this one does. I love 1911s and I love CZs, so what is not to like!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I seeme to have reached a state of ennui when it comes to 'new' pistol designs, but this one has me interested.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Looks like a very cool gun, but I love my Shadow 2 and don’t think I have a need for it. Hmmmmm, maybe the compact when it comes out Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s not gonna be inexpensive.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

MSRP is $1,800

Ryan, any way you can find out if it uses a standard 1911 safety? I'm a buyer if I can change out the ambi.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red grips look great

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Great, I just had to click on that link....And now there's another 'X-Series' Pistol I can't live without! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

MSRP is $1,800

Ryan, any way you can find out if it uses a standard 1911 safety? I'm a buyer if I can change out the ambi.

Safeties, trigger components, and front sights are all 1911 compatible.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep - price comes from the Dan Wesson side of the family. Still, I'm not a 1911 guy but I'd love to shoot on of those.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post