SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could have ONE .22 pistol.....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have ONE .22 pistol..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger Mk III Hunter with a Volquartsen trigger kit and some Hogue G10 checkered grips. Very accurate and with the Volquartsen trigger kit it makes for an outstanding trigger. It has also been very reliable. I have only had to replace the firing pin once and have over 50K rounds through it.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
My own preference for best bang for the buck, right out of the box is the S&W Victory. Super accurate and flawless functioning, the only change I have made to mine is to add a Vortex Venom red dot, due to old eyes and lighting at indoor ranges.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to go with what I know...Browning Buckmark!

Great shooter, extremely reliable.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87

Next would likely be a S&W 22 Compact.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
These are my 2 favorites, both with Vorqutzen trigger kits

But I like 22's and being that variety is the spice of life I've got an old High Standard Supermatic, Colt 22 with the 4" & 6" barrels (previously known as the Cadet), Beretta's Neo's Target as well as a 21A, Model 70 & 71 Beretta 22's; a Kimber 22 conversion and a SiG 1911-22 which is as accurate as the Kimber but the BHO works on it. Lastly, a Ruger Bear Cat for instructing the grandkids ... Had a Buckmark similar to the grip like on my MKIII Hunter but a buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse, but made Mimi promise to give me first right of refusal ... and a nice S&W 41 that my son had always wanted, so I gave it to him for his 30th B-day ... Which was after he settled down and had a small safe to store it in.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I like MKII rugers and MKII 22/45s. I have a few of each. The one I shoot the most is an '82 vintage 6 7/8" heavy taper target that I got from a buddy. His dad bought it new and it sat in a drawer all its life. My buddy didnt like shooting it, but the more I shot it the more I love it. All the newer 10/22s and mk II pistols i usually put a tool steel extractor in as a matter of course, but this thing I didnt do a thing to other than clean and shoot. I have put almost 15k through it in the past 4 years with all original parts. I just love the ugly old thing. I cant seem to stop aquiring mkIIs. My latest isnt pictured but it is an almost perfect condition 6" pencil barrel blued MKII I bought to send to clark custom. But I just cant bring myself to cut up such a nice Ruger.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Going to another pistol not mentioned. A S&W 422. My daughter shoots one for her SASP. It is reliable as back. I watch the other kids pistols such as all version of Ruger stutter, buckmark, etc. This runs like a sewing machine on CCI standard velocity or Blazers.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22/45

I added a Tac Sol upper before they came out with the "Lite" versions..

I have one upper in 4" and one in 6"..I'm waiting to find another lower 22/45 so I can have TWO!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mk IV 22/45 w/ 5.5" bull barrel.

Bought it, may buy a spare just to have. Great gun.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post