SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could have ONE .22 pistol.....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have ONE .22 pistol..... Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

I currently have several .22 host pistols but my first SIG is the favorite. In 2010 I bought a P229 Classic 22 for $449 (on sale at my LGS). I added a threaded barrel for my Outback IID.
I also have two 15 round converted magazines!

Without a need for a can I am with captain127: old S&W k-frame .22 revolver*.

*More specifically: Nov. 1947 K-22 Masterpiece (pre-Model17).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I do only have one .22 its an SP101

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a Colt .22 that I would keep because it was a gift from my father. It is also a great shooter but mainly I would keep it for sentimental reasons.

If sentiment was not in play I would keep my old model Ruger SP101 .22lr. I love that little revolver.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
MY CZ Kadet .22

I imagine with the threaded barrel it makes a nice host. Honorable mention to the ruger 22/45 lite.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87. Easy.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Beretta 87 Cheetah

I love my Beretta 87 Target, but “2) plinking, 3) possibly suppressing later on” suggests that the Cheetah would be a better choice for you. The Browning 1911-22 intrigues me:

http://www.browning.com/produc...pistols/1911-22.html

I made the mistake of trading mine to my fishing buddy, and really regretted it. So I made him another trade deal for a shotgun and got it back. Its a beautiful work of art.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been having great fun and luck with the Ruger Mark II which isn't made any more.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of the Ruger MK II (not III or IV) with the tapered target barrel. If we're speaking hypothetically, I would select the 5 1/2" bull target barrel shortened to 4 1/2" and threaded to accept a suppressor.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The S&W 422/622/2206/2213/2214 series is easily adaptable to suppressors by replacing the barrel nut with a threaded adapter.

Most of the Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits can be had with threaded barrels.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Someone say 22 pistol. Only one? Not going to happen.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on Beretta 87. Best 900 bucks I ever spent on a 22

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 41 5.5 in barrel.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
I've been having great fun and luck with the Ruger Mark II which isn't made any more.

When I was 13 or so, I got into Dad's gun cabinet and attempted to field strip his Ruger Mk II. I was successful, sorta, in taking it apart.

He was not happy. Especially as LGS after LGS told him it wasn't supposed to be taken apart that far. LOL I think he had to ship it back to Ruger to make it whole again.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Volquartsen Scorpion IMHO is the best shooter hands down. If i had to go with a revolver it would be the S&W K22.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W K-22 Masterpiece is my favorite with a tie for second being a Ruger Single-Six or 22/45.

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You're making this hard by not allowing any .17 caliber pistols...

I guess I'd have to go with my Grendel P-31. Big Grin

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
S&W M-17, six inch K-22, with target hammer and trigger.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark II here, 5" barrel. I have had one or more in my possession for 20 years. Ruger Mark's are great 22s

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vintage S&W Kit Gun. If you can find it. Or S&W K22. If you can find one. Or Colt Diamondback. If you can find one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Stainless Single Six, with the 22 WMR cylinder also, 5.5" barrel.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post