SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on P229 M11-A1 vs Special?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on P229 M11-A1 vs Special? Login/Join 
posted
I made an earlier post were I mentioned I was going to acquire a P229 Elite, but it was going to be a private buy and logistically it was going to be a pain. So, I'm somewhat back to square one trying to decide between the M11-A1 and what looks to be a newer model called a Special.

Any opinions on one vs the other?

Posts: 3 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: July 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11-A1 doesn't have a rail if that's an issue. Not sure what a Special is. There is a Select model with a rail and G10 grips on the Sig website.

Posts: 4717 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the deal is still active, but recently, you could get a P229 Elite NIB shipped for under $700.

Read this thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2700010174

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I am the one who started the thread and the new 229 Elites are now all gone on CDNN. The only Sigs they have now are preowned. They are all gone. I have looked and cannot find any new Sigs as I looked for my son. Gun Broker has options but they are not cheap. Same deal with ammo as I can't find hardly anything out there. Best of luck and hope you can find a deal. I paid 629.00 for my new P229 Elite a month ago but the well is now dry.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the grip front strap have serrations like the m11 or checkering like the legion?

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^same horizontal serrations like the m11a1

I personally prefer the classic carry talo edition due to the legacy slide and short extractor. Also love the g-10 grips and like the mecgar mags it comes with.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frocha;
I have no idea what "Special" is supposed to mean.
Is that a SIG description or is that something from a vendor/seller???

But . . . M11A1? Absolutely LOVE mine.
Got it at the local Gander Mountain as they were going out of business.
It is my EDC and goes every where.
Don't care that it does not have a rail!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post