SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P210 Target Range Report - Not Good
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P210 Target Range Report - Not Good Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve sent two of my Sigs in for action jobs, and they make it super easy, and as stated above, they get them back quickly! Both of mine came back within 8 days of when I dropped it off, for $55 round trip shipping via UPS! You can’t beat that!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP that really sucks - but any manufactuer can send out a bad gun, it happens.

Sig cs agents actively read this forum, and provide excellent customer service. They will make it right.

I’ve had a lot of sigs and only three that had issues. Out of those only one had to be replaced, which Sig did.

I am unhappy about my 320c RX woes but I also
Know that Sig will make it right on that one.

Sig in my opinion has excellent customer service - and it’s pretty amazing how much the guys on the phone know given how many guns they sell, how much their inventory is changing, and the plethora of things beyond guns they now sell.

Just send it to Sig, they will solve it.

As others have said, before you send it I would try it with some Sig ammo, and maybe some hotter stuff like Fiochi.

I’ve had several internal rail pistols that needed about 500 rounds before they were running like a top.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I would try different ammo first. Blazer ammo is cheap for a reason. Any 147 grain ammo can cause any pistol to be finicky. The longer bullets are seated at different lengths by different manufacturers.

My P210A really likes 124gr European ammo (a tad hotter than US loaded 124gr). Also, you are aware the trigger is a two stage trigger, right? I ask because I’ve let folks shoot mine and they are surprised by the trigger function.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
I would try different ammo first. Blazer ammo is cheap for a reason. Any 147 grain ammo can cause any pistol to be finicky. The longer bullets are seated at different lengths by different manufacturers. My P210A really likes 124gr European ammo (a tad hotter than US loaded 124gr).

The reputation of these, including from Sig spokesmen at SHOT, is they can handle any ammo, unlike some of the older European P210s. Have never had problems with Blazer or 147 gr. ammo with any of my other pistols.

quote:
Also, you are aware the trigger is a two stage trigger, right? I ask because I’ve let folks shoot mine and they are surprised by the trigger function.

Of course I'm aware of that, but even if someone wasn't that shouldn't cause all the failures I've experienced.

I gave it lots of lube and will see what happens Saturday at the range.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve had several internal rail pistols that needed about 500 rounds before they were running like a top.

-Freq

Haven't had that problem with several CZ 75s I've had.

posted Hide Post
My US Sig 210 has been flawless and incredibly accurate. A complete joy to shoot. I have been shooting 124gr Fiocchi and 124gr Speer Lawman

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I had 2 light primer strikes on my new P210A in 150 rounds. I believe this was because the slide did not go all the way into battery.

I shot mine out of the box which was a mistake, they put so much grease on them from the factory.

Now that's I have removed the greasy mess it shoots like a dream. Just clean it and shoot some magtech through it for 200 rounds and you will be good to go. The tolerances are tight so they shouldn't be gooping these things up with grease like it's a P320.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do NOT let Cabelas send to “their” gunsmith

Call Sig. let them handle it

210 is very unique and I’d hazard to say they are but a few people nation wide that are knowledgeable enough to take care of issues correctly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7:

Cabela's said they send defective guns from all their stores to a private gunsmith, don't have the name handy, and that they are usually able to resolve these issues. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Yeah, I have an opinion on that... they would agree to send it back to Sig or I'd be dealing with Sig directly.

This isn't a K-mart special.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I can tell you that is NOT normal when buying a new weapon.
Ask yourself why on earth Cabela's, or any other retailer, would want to even be involved, because I can't think of a single reason, not one. If it's simply a customer satisfaction angle, that doesn't make sense. As noted, the odds of them having a "guy" that knows SIG P210's (or in their case, every gun they sell) well is, pretty much approaching 0.

Mind you, this "private gunsmith" would be manufacturer certified on every brand they sell, so as not to void warranties, yeah, uh huh.

Now this was for a used gun purchased at Gander Mountain. But they did send a Colt to 'their' smith for repair. It come back 'informing me to use better ammo'. Roll Eyes

I pulled it from the box (its still malfunctioning) and ask the sales guy to explain how ammo was going to fix the trigger not resetting (known problem with this pistol)?

It was then sent to Colt for repair. They fixed the known issue and sent it back free of charge.

As I said, used not new, but they did have their own service shop.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
So I had 2 light primer strikes on my new P210A in 150 rounds. I believe this was because the slide did not go all the way into battery.

I shot mine out of the box which was a mistake, they put so much grease on them from the factory.

Now that's I have removed the greasy mess it shoots like a dream. Just clean it and shoot some magtech through it for 200 rounds and you will be good to go. The tolerances are tight so they shouldn't be gooping these things up with grease like it's a P320.

Mine didn't have a whole lot of grease from the factory. There are no test targets that come with it, I wonder if they ever test fire these with the problems mine has.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gqllc007:
My US Sig 210 has been flawless and incredibly accurate. A complete joy to shoot. I have been shooting 124gr Fiocchi and 124gr Speer Lawman

I will try 124 gr. but Sig bills these as being able to handle all ammo.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hope this gets resolved and it gets fixed or Sig gets you a new pistol.

Cabela's said they send defective guns from all their stores to a private gunsmith, don't have the name handy, and that they are usually able to resolve these issues. Anyone have an opinion on this?

was it purchased new or used,

Cabela's has a handful of places they send used repairs too,

if it was purchased new, It will go to either SIG or a SIG authorized repair facility

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Paul, since there's no hurry to send your 210 in, I second the suggestion to try other ammo. Certainly not 500 rounds worth, but just some other. My 9s, of whatever type, function reliably with any factory ammo I've tried. But some of the more lightly loaded stuff does eject in a more "Leisurely" fashion from some pistols. I suspect that if some of the ammo I've used was loaded any lighter, I'd start experiencing reliability issues with my 210s and some other pistols...

FWIW, ammunition that has reliably cycled any and all of my new/tight/heavy slide,heavy recoil spring,etc. 9MMs is the 124 grain NATO by Winchester and IMI. Perhaps worth a try before returning your gun?

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP's experience certainly doesn't match up with mine. I bought a Sig P210 from Cabela's and it's ran like a top since I've bought it. No malfunctions yet. I've been using Brown box RP 115gr because I'd bought several thousand rounds of it.

I've bought quite a few firearms from Cabelas and they have ALLWAYS stated that firearm sales are final. I think somebody he talked to at Cabela's is FOS about sending out guns to an outside smith that all the stores use. Something smells funny there.

I have had all to many problems with other SIG's and would have to say that their customer service is easy to work with. I can't think of a sensible solution to a problem with a new SIG other than sending it back to SIG. Why PAY for a service that violates your warrantee when SIG will do it for FREE?? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It can be EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to have an expensive new gun not function properly. Oddly enough in my experience more expensive guns are more likely to have problems. Tight fit, needing break in, limited production etc. etc. seems to make some more expensive guns more prone to not functioning perfectly out of the box. I've have a couple really bad experiences with quite expensive firearms.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a German P210 and it was the best pistol I have shot in my limited career. I felt that I just could not miss when I shot that gun. Capacity was my only disappointment.

Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, Tanfoglio Limited Custom Xtreme, SIG P320 FS 9mm, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG P-226 Enhanced Elite 9mm
Kriss Vector CRB Canadian 9mm

Posts: 233 | Location: Ontario | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:
Hope this gets resolved and it gets fixed or Sig gets you a new pistol.

was it purchased new or used,

Cabela's has a handful of places they send used repairs too,

if it was purchased new, It will go to either SIG or a SIG authorized repair facility

New.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
The OP's experience certainly doesn't match up with mine. I bought a Sig P210 from Cabela's and it's ran like a top since I've bought it. No malfunctions yet. I've been using Brown box RP 115gr because I'd bought several thousand rounds of it.

I've bought quite a few firearms from Cabelas and they have ALLWAYS stated that firearm sales are final. I think somebody he talked to at Cabela's is FOS about sending out guns to an outside smith that all the stores use. Something smells funny there.

I have had all to many problems with other SIG's and would have to say that their customer service is easy to work with. I can't think of a sensible solution to a problem with a new SIG other than sending it back to SIG. Why PAY for a service that violates your warrantee when SIG will do it for FREE?? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It can be EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to have an expensive new gun not function properly. Oddly enough in my experience more expensive guns are more likely to have problems. Tight fit, needing break in, limited production etc. etc. seems to make some more expensive guns more prone to not functioning perfectly out of the box. I've have a couple really bad experiences with quite expensive firearms.

I've never said, nor has Cabela's, that this sale wasn't final, not sure how that is relevant to the OP. Not the end of the world, I'm sure Sig will make it right if this continues. Other than the fact the gun doesn't work, the fit and finish is impressive as are the European walnut stocks. The grain looks like something you'd see on a high-end Sako.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I've never said, nor has Cabela's, that this sale wasn't final, not sure how that is relevant to the OP. Not the end of the world, I'm sure Sig will make it right if this continues. Other than the fact the gun doesn't work, the fit and finish is impressive as are the European walnut stocks. The grain looks like something you'd see on a high-end Sako.

It's relevant in that they ALLWAYS say that all sales are final and OFTEN continue to mention that if you have any issues you need to talk to the manufacturer. NEVER have I heard of an offsite gunsmith that Cabela's sends all their repairs to and whomever came up with that story is full of shit. ;-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately a dog can get through. But before you get SIG in on the deal, try picking up some hotter ammo to run through the gun. 9x19 NATO, Speer Lawman or just about any European-sourced load like S&B, PPU or any of the Dynamit Nobel brands (GECO, RWS) out of Germany should do. Then see how it performs. If the problem persists, it's time to let SIG CS in on the drama. They'll fix it; on past heritage alone, it's now SIG NH's adopted flagship pistol. I don't think that they want reports of problems nagging this model and turning it into their prodigal son.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post