SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seven nickels
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seven nickels Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bet you have one of the top P228 collections in existence.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
I bet you have one of the top P228 collections in existence.

Understatement of the last four millennia. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I posted that a year back but my guess is noone, anywhere has such a collection. Now if Q can just locate serial # B12131.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They are cool.

What is your particular interest in having so many nickle 228s? Is there a theme to your collection other than nickle 228s? Getting a complete set of years in which they were made? Something else?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Quite beautiful.

Thank you for sharing with all of us who appreciate such beauty.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked nickel the best...

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a beautiful group of pistols!! Congrats!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Damn son! Thats just beautiful!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
looks like mine is numbered pretty close to one of yours

The numbers are close, aren't they?

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
They are cool.

What is your particular interest in having so many nickle 228s? Is there a theme to your collection other than nickle 228s? Getting a complete set of years in which they were made? Something else?

Nickel SIGs are so nice, and nickel P228s are even nicer. Theme? As many as I possibly can.

When you're in the collecting mode, the chase is more than half of the fun, especially when it comes to quality and/or rarity pieces. This is just like when I was into coin collecting several years ago, chasing a complete date set of US silver dollars. Believe it or not, although much more expensive, that task was easier, even when I was chasing the 1794 silver dollar and the 1776 Continental Currency. They popped up more often than the nickel P228. Eek

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Most excellent. Very good karma idea, just be sure to leave yourself one of them. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I want to get in on the fun. Here's my current collection of Sigs. My two favorite models. All are in excellent condition. I still need an all nickel P228.

1. Nickel West German P226
2. Herndon P228 (is the slide nickel or polished stainless steel?)
3. West German black P228

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nice, aparoche.
All folded slide SIGs have carbon steel, not stainless, as the slide material. So, your Herndon TT P228 has nickel slide. Do you know if it's factory nickel? If it is, I want to revise/update my "factoids" thread. Thanks.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ Nice, aparoche.
All folded slide SIGs have carbon steel, not stainless, as the slide material. So, your Herndon TT P228 has nickel slide. Do you know if it's factory nickel? If it is, I want to revise/update my "factoids" thread. Thanks.

I can't be certain as I got it in a trade. Came in the red cardboard Sig box. Proof mark is JK. Serial is B1006XX if that helps. The slide looks like polished nickel to me and I would guess it's a factory finish but I can't be certain since I am no expert.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Since I can't locate my thesaurus presently, all I can say is -- spectacular display of exquisite German engineering beautifully rendered.

It's even better than seven BMW's, Porsches, or Mercedes-Benzes.

Simply breathtaking...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I don't have as many Nickel P228's as Quang, but I have a couple nice ones to rub together. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ha ha. Love it! Big Grin

Q

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Awesome collection of nickels!

Here's my 2.5 cents worth. I only have half a nickel. Wink (KG purchased new in 1996 with factory nickel controls and grip screws)

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of sucks that you're never going to shoot them, but I get it you're a collector.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!!

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post