SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seven nickels
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seven nickels Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
did you have them done ? or is that done from the factory ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen and Cathy Wink . Took me almost 5 years to scrounge up these 35 cents. Razz

I suspect blindref is right about the KB (1991) being the most prolific year for the nickel SIGs. They are the ones that I see most often, whenever one is up for grab.

Twistedstang, I'm no pro, but I store them well oiled, in plastic bag, in original boxes, in the safe.

bendable, they came that way, factory. I didn't do anything to the finish. Just put on the aluminum grips.

Here they are, out of the bags. These are older pics, taken at various times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thank You for sharing.

Very very nice. Cool

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I do not have one nickle.

I tried to buy one from a guy I know who got it at a super bargain, but he wanted way too much. Never see them for sale.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed to say the least, very nice collection.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HolyMoly

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I want to comment, but I am speechless...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4502 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I want the same pattern grips in G10. Sig doesn't seem to sell them anymore

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

SIG (Hogue) never made the logo Checkered grips in G10. Only the logo Piranha.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Electroless nickel plated guns were popular back in the 80's-90's, now not many manufacturers are using EN, with the advent of Cerakote, Etc.

Most Electroless Nickel is purchased by individuals.

Your pistols are very nice, and always a treat for Sig Forum readers.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Darn, I only have one! About 12 years ago went to a gunshow in Harrisburg, PA. Dealer had two NIB nickel P220s on his table asking $685@. I was from out of state and couldn't figure out how to get one. Haven't seen a real nickel P220 in person since.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I suspect blindref is right about the KB (1991) being the most prolific year for the nickel SIGs.

Just looked and my P226 is a KB.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1877 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Museum quality guns!

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1992 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Your collection is amazing to say the least. " HOT DAMN "

Posts: 2896 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I followed your latest purchase with much interest. Was temped to jump in but pretty much figured it would be futile. Nice score and great collection!

Please keep the pics coming as the collection grows, and thanks for your generosity with the karmas and all the info you share with the forum.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh ok. And I'm guessing the ones from the 229 carry won't fit a standard 229-1 frame.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh ok. And I'm guessing the ones from the 229 carry won't fit a standard 229-1 frame.

That's right. One look at the grip screw positions between the 2 guns and you know it.

Btw, I should have specified "SIG (Hogue) never made the logo Checkered grips in G10" for the P228.

Q

Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
looks like mine is numbered pretty close to one of yours

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10458 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I grabbed a napkin before opening this! No drool on my keyboard!!
Great Pics!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post