SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 76
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Started a form 3 on a Omega 9k and AEM5 today from Capitol Armory.

When in doubt, pinky out.

Posts: 3050 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
3 months and a week for F1 Trust SBR via e-file.

Posts: 39724 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
They cashed my check. Is that a good sign or do they do that regardless?

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 400 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtZ66:
They cashed my check. Is that a good sign or do they do that regardless?

That's just the first step, which they do with everyone. Now the wait begins

Looking at other's timelines, I'm hoping my form 1 SBR submitted on December 10 is about 6 weeks out.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Houston,Tx | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Well, sonofabitch, I picked up my stamp and Specwar tonight
I'll post pics tomorrow
Hellofa wait...

Posts: 889 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Here is the Specwar on my 16" Bushy with a new Aimpoint T-2 and 20" LaRue with a leupold 4.5X14 dot host. Not a lightweight can by any means, but on the 16" it feels like it belongs.

Now, I know these are no things of beauty compared to some of what you guys own, but I use these for hunting predators here in Idaho, and they get the job done. Not apologizing, just clarifying.

I'll get the muzzle brake that came with the can mounted on my LaRue 7.62 OBR tonight, nice setup by SiCo to move the can around with ease.

I started the process on 9/2015, so right about 5 months. My stamp, by the way, looks like someone walked on it? weird...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

Posts: 889 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Zenith (MKE) Z-5RS SBR:
efiled on 11.13.15
stamp received on 2.18.16
3 Months and 5 days

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Man, I didn't realize Form 1's were only taking a little over 3 months. My MPX, MCX, and 870 SBS were submitted on 11/29. I better get them engraved soon.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am now 5 months and one week into my 2nd Form 4 (Ospray45) thru my local gun store. Checked cleared 10 days after filing so I know they received the documents....

First Forum 4 was received by LGS one day over 5 months.

I guess as the volume continues to increase (until after July 2, 2016) the wait times will grow......

My first Omega was filed two weeks behind the Ospray45 so the wait continues.....

Posts: 2264 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
only taking a little over 3 months

It's sad that this is considered good.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 859 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Yes it is Frown My fastest time was 19 days for a form 1 and my slowest time was almost 9 months for a form 4.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Yes it is Frown My fastest time was 19 days for a form 1 and my slowest time was almost 9 months for a form 4.

That loud whining sound you hear is me - Sobbing like a baby.....Holy Crap - 9 months...... Frown

Posts: 2264 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limywidget:
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Believe it or not original stamp showed up at dealer today.

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Should pick it up tomorrow. Happy happy.

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Holy shit 6 months? That's ridiculous...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 859 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
quote:

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Holy shit 6 months? That's ridiculous...

My longest wait, with no complications on a form 4 was 339 days, that's just over 11 months, not counting the almost 3-month wait on the form 3 to get the suppressor transferred to my dealer ... It was right before they came out with e-file for form 1's.

My shortest wait was 62 days ... That was in 2007-08, after Obama's first election and I got my stamp the day after he took office ... actually that's when it was approved, it was a week or so after that I had the actual stamp In my hands ...

... It depended on what zone you live, your inspector and his work load.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 4775 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dealer sent in my paperwork & trust on 2-22-16. My check was cashed on 3-1-16. This is my first time diving into the NFA world. I'm guessing 4-6 months wait?

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Just got notification from my dealer that my stamp came in for my Osprey Micro, will have to run by and pick it up tomorrow.

Purchased through the "Powered By Silencer Shop" dealer program on 9/19/15.

Form 3 approved: 12/15/15

Check cashed: 10/6/15

Stamp Approved: TBD

Stamp-in-hand: 3/4/16

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4226 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbh350:
The dealer sent in my paperwork & trust on 2-22-16. My check was cashed on 3-1-16. This is my first time diving into the NFA world. I'm guessing 4-6 months wait?

Thats a fair estimate. Look through and see what other Ohio stamps are running.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8095 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Are we still a no go for Form 1s in Washington?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7623 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Phantom, that is correct as of today's date. Heres the thread on ARFCOM that is the best update I can find. Looks like the re-work passed the House on the 1st by a wide margin. No one expects any holdups in the Senate, and Inslee signed the first version.. Hopefully won't be long.

Link

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4597 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post