SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The boss walks free.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The boss walks free. Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Might depend upon how long after the arrest did they take the sample.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Not like I was buying his music or Jeep’s before this, expect to continue that way so nothing really changes for me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The Boss always walks free, or at least after everyone else has been screwed first. Everyone under the boss is expendable, they are called fall guys, and the supply is endless. Sorry for the thread drift, but I was a fall guy more than once, and it sucked. May god bless The Boss, but not all the other bosses who have screwed their subordinates for illegal and/or immoral purposes.

Regarding the single shot The Boss drank, yea that's stupid, to make shit out of that.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I bet both you & I couldn’t have got such a good deal. Some folks apparently are more equal than others..
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Bruce Springsteen's criminal record won't show any guilty plea to driving under the influence -- because the Boss just struck a deal with prosecutors.

Springsteen pled guilty to only one misdemeanor count of consuming alcohol in a closed area. He admitted to drinking at the Gateway National Recreational Area -- a federal property, where booze is forbidden.

The other charges he was facing -- DWI and reckless driving -- were dismissed by prosecutors ... who said, in court, his BAC was well below the legal limit at .02, so they felt they couldn't prove their case.
According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Bruce was glassy-eyed, swaying and reeked of booze when he was arrested.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Gee. A rich prominent Democrat can't get prosecuted in New York, even though he's from New Jersey, when the cops catch him dead to rights. Now how'd that happen? Roll Eyes

A .02 BAC is equivalent to him drinking about 1/2 of a 12 ounce beer. A joke, more or less.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree with this guy more.

Edit to add: Start around 10 minutes if you don't wanna watch the whole thing.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The 'boss' is insufferable...if only he would shut up about politics.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gee. A rich prominent Democrat can't get prosecuted in New York, even though he's from New Jersey, when the cops catch him dead to rights. Now how'd that happen? Roll Eyes

Gateway National Recreation area is in New Jersey.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Anyone can "say" glassy-eyed and smells but that isn't a solid foundation.

Totally agree. And, honestly, when do you guys think Bruce doesn't look glassy-eyed or smelly. Or disheveled or with bloodshot-watery eyes.

That's resting Bruce face.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing for certain - Bruce's glory days are well behind him.

But with a guy like him you never can tell.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"glassy-eyed, swaying and reeked of booze when he was arrested."

"his BAC was well below the legal limit at .02"

I wonder just when they administered the test?

Or is he just not much of a drinker?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Um, guys? Compare the reported BAC to the information from the police report cited in the last line of the OP.

I don't know about your states, but here having a BAC under the limit is not considered conclusive since different people have different tolerances for alchohol. If your BAC is over a certain limit, you're considered legally drunk. If your BAC is under that limit but the police can testify that you're "glassy-eyed, swaying and reek[ing]" of booze, the prosecutor can (and almost certainly will) hale you before a court and try to convince a jury that you were driving under the influence.

Assuming, of course, that the reported BAC is reported accurately. Wink

And also considering the concentration of the BAC mentions nothing of anything else in his system.

Like pills. Assuming that booze was all a douchebag former rock star had on board is like assuming that a politician will only lie on one topic.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This 0.02 is bullshit. He refused a breathalyzer and was on his motorcycle. Refusal= DWI charge in NJ.
Springsteen (and Bon Jovi) cheats on the BJ property taxes by listing their mansions as a "Farm". There's lots of loopholes to do this in NJ, where property taxes easily exceed $10 per year.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he had to pay a fine somewhere just under $600. That'll show him!

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other charges he was facing -- DWI and reckless driving -- were dismissed by prosecutors ... who said, in court, his BAC was well below the legal limit at .02, so they felt they couldn't prove their case.

I've heard that DWI type cases are hard to win. I had a good friend on a jury. Guy was clearly drunk. The individual was pulled over about a block from their house. One guy was mad the copy didn't let the guy just drive home (the one block) and another just not happy the cop pulled over a drunk. Hung jury.

I'm hoping an attorney will step in and comment. I've wondered if it is hard to get a conviction a DWI case.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:

I've heard that DWI type cases are hard to win. I had a good friend on a jury. Guy was clearly drunk. The individual was pulled over about a block from their house. One guy was mad the copy didn't let the guy just drive home (the one block) and another just not happy the cop pulled over a drunk. Hung jury.

I'm hoping an attorney will step in and comment. I've wondered if it is hard to get a conviction a DWI case.

In New Jersey (though the incident with Springsteen was on federal land so may not spply) DWI convictions are almost guaranteed as long as the evidence is sound. That's because in New Jersey DWI is not a crime; it is a traffic offense. As such, there is no trial by jury. It is a bench trial with the judge deciding guilt. If the BAC is just over the legal limit or at the legal limit, a good lawyer may have a chance to get you off, but more than likely the judge is siding with the arresting officer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m sure the working class hypocrite will have a new song forthcoming about his experience with alcohol & the judicial system that will have fans fawning...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I couldn't agree with this guy more.

Dave Morrison nailed it. When I was in high school I listened to some “Springsprung” as I like to call him. The River really put me off though, just so overwhelmingly negative. Looking back most of his stuff is whiny, negative, and ungrateful. Kinda like his politics.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thems that haves,gets. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:

DUI cases are hard to lose. At least in my state. That’s why attorneys try so hard to win at a suppression hearing. I lost 1 DUI in 20 years of being on the road. Only 1. And lots of refusals. You refuse, you likely still get convicted AND you lose you license for a year.

Again, .02 means exactly jack on whether someone is impaired or not.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post