SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Emotional support dog bit another passenger.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emotional support dog bit another passenger. Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Are these animals supposed to be in a crate or not?

Guess I need to get out more. I don't remember seeing an animal in the passenger cabin ever. But, like I said, I may need to get out more.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Guess I need to get out more. I don't remember seeing an animal in the passenger cabin ever. But, like I said, I may need to get out more.

Every single time when I fly which is at least two times a month and sometimes more, there is an animal on my flight. Every single time. It's insane.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Every single time when I fly which is at least two times a month and sometimes more, there is an animal on my flight. Every single time. It's insane.

Yes, but Bassamatic was talking about animal-animals, not human(-ish) passengers.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
With adult supervision back, perhaps the Americans with Disabilities Act - which makes it illegal to ask what the disability might be, and what the peccary/turkey/tarantula/whatever might be trained to do to address it - could be amended to address this nonsense.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
My theory is that the person w/ the dog was boarded first since they are a person who "needs special assistance" And the poor bastard that was bit was just trying to squeeze in to his seat by the window.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

Yes, but Bassamatic was talking about animal-animals, not human(-ish) passengers.

-Rob

Ohhhh...gotcha. My mistake.

Just a quick sidetrack, on my flight to France a few weeks ago (I was flying alone; my wife and daughter were already over there), I had the pleasure of some young boy stretching out to sleep next to me with his head on his father's lap and his stinky, dang feet on mine. I tolerated that for about 45 seconds before shoving them off of me.

Then on the flight home, there was this lady who had her feet inches from the head of the dude sitting in front of her. Her feet actually hit his head a few times. I don't know how he tolerated that quietly.

Anyway, my point which I've made before is that flying nowadays is awful 90% of the time due to the trash who I'm forced to fly with. The flying public is the absolute worst, and this animals on planes nonsense is just the icing on the cake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway, my point which I've made before is that flying nowadays is awful 90% of the time due to the trash who I'm forced to fly with. The flying public is the absolute worst, and this animals on planes nonsense is just the icing on the cake.

Four-legged AND two-legged animals

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In the doctor's office yesterday, there was a woman female snowflake with a dog, filling out (filling in?) the new patient paperwork.

When the nurse called me in, I quietly remarked that I am a dog lover, but a doctor's office is not an appropriate setting for Fido. The nurse looked at me, nodded in agreement, and indicated that it was not her place to say anything about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally think as a pet owner, if you have your pets around people, then your dog need bite work training. In that training, you train a dog when NOT to bite as much as training him when to bite, plus you add control with that. The fact is that most dogs WILL bite, it is just when.
The worst kind of dog is the one that bites when it is afraid. If not properly socialized, dogs get afraid of a lot of things and will bite often.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
People just don't know how to behave in public. Manners and decorum went out the window in the '60s, and "just let it all hang out" became the new norm. We recently had a thread about graduations with yelling, whistling, cow bells and air horns. I don't go to movie theaters-- where the audience talks, puts their feet up on the arm rest of your chair-- because I know I will end up in prison.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My emotional support stripper changes extra to bite you.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My eldest who served as a Corpman with the Marine Scout-Snipers incurred numerous injuries both physical and mental. He has a service dog, trained at a well recognized west coast outfit, that has made a significant difference in his life. Lately his job has him doing a lot of traveling including by air. No issues at all. Properly trained services dogs DO make a difference and are safe travelling on public conveyances. People need to leave these animals alone. Do not try to engage, pet, whatever. They're working and do not need to be interfered with.

My recent thread about his being invited to a wounded warfighters gala here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...690097324#1690097324

With his service dog Stark

with Scott R. Blackburn, Interim Deputy Secretary Department of Veteran Affairs

And yes there seems to be a great deal of abuse with faux service / emotional support animals. Pisses me off.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I get the impression that a lot of this "emotional support animal" bullshit is a total scam by certain airline passengers to be able to get on and off a plane first ahead of anyone else.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

And yes there seems to be a great deal of abuse with faux service / emotional support animals. Pisses me off.

95% is abuse.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
That and more importantly they avoid paying for transport. They also don't have to keep animal in crate.

Its fucking retarded. I see it every day and every day it gets more and more ridiculous. Emotional support Great Danes, oh yea. Enjoy sitting with that next to you. And I love dogs. Just not on airplanes. Or in stores and restaurants.

That escaped animal that ended up in cockpit happened to a friend of mine. It was kind of funny and idiotic at the same time.

Sanity needs to rear its head at some point.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What JustJoe said. Courtesy, respect, all too often these seem to be historical concepts.

They have not totally disappeared, most of the people I know personally still have a great deal of regard for these things, but too many of the random people I encounter when I'm out in public are totally thoughtless, or maybe they are thinking and they act like this deliberately. "Me first, me first, screw you, I want what I want."

Just too many encounters like this. Driving. Public accommodations. Ten items or less at the express register. Hold a door for someone. Make eye contact and say "thank you."

The Monkey summed it up on one word: "Oy!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmmm... I fly several times a month and have NEVER been on a plane with one. I very rarely see them in terminals. I mostly fly out of Nashville but fly to Cali (usually Oakland but sometimes San Fran), Vegas, NYC, DC, and Tampa. So maybe this is a regional thing...

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

95% is abuse.
Yep the same docs that write anyone with a pulse a medical mj script will write anyone with a pulse an emotional support animal script. It's bs that your existing, untrained dog magically becomes an emotional support animal that can go on/in airplanes, restaurants, stores, etc. with a stroke of a pen.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here, save on airfare... http://www.emotionalsupportanimalcenter.com/

"In the event that you do not qualify for an Emotional Support Animal letter a full refund of your fee will be made."

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Another reason to want never to go anywhere near commercial air travel ever again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post