SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    College of W&M president to BLM "I don't deal in demands".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College of W&M president to BLM "I don't deal in demands". Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sig209, thank you. My wife and I will be doing the same today. The college of William and Mary is a place that will always be special to me. I don't want BLM racists to fuck it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
These thugs don't "DO" reasonable discussion of ideas. Their entire platform is to threaten and demand special treatment. They do not have the capacity nor desire to sit down and reasonably negotiate. When the President asks for a rational and reasonable sit-down (more than they deserved), they IMMEDIATELY went off on their stale old racism/sexism/patriarchy/white supremacy crap. They are one-trick ponies (and the trick isn't that good in the first place).

They are thugs and terrorists. It's what they do.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The great thing about the internet is if these dumb assholes manage to pull their heads out of their asses one day, using Google to search their name to see what shit storms they caused should likely prevent them from any meaningful employment.

She'll probably be appointed to the bench by the next Democrat president.

BLM is a textbook example of a domestic terrorist organization.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Attending William and Mary while bitching about privilege. Priceless for the irony. Roll Eyes

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they can hire Rachel Dolezal for a staff position. I hear that she's looking for a job and maybe they can pick her up on the cheap. Surely the BLM protesters will understand and support her.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ladies and gents. This is a good move by W&M's president. Let's try to stay somewhat positive.
Walter Taylor Reveley III is probably being inundated with hate mail from the racist scum also known as BLM. I don't typically ask this of the forum but if you feel so inclined please send him a email of support. I just did. We gain nothing by bitching and always looking at things negatively. Make your voice heard.

Here is the email address for W&M's president: taylor@wm.edu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
William & Mary needs to be much, much more selective about who they let in, and then they won't have to deal with stupid racist trash that has no desire to actually learn anything.

Pack your shit and be off of campus before sundown. If your shit is still in your dorm room come sunrise, we'll throw it out the window and set fire to it. Careful that what happens to your shit doesn't happen to you, too.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's despicable that our universities (not W&M in particular) admit these useless assholes for the promotion of diversity. For every one of them there undoubtedly is a deserving applicant who probably would have made good use of that opportunity but didn't get it. Mad

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mr. Shugart speaks wisely.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
The W&M Pres is out of step with the current mantra in CA public education, which is "social justice and equity".

Equity really means equal outcome regardless of unequal input. Ignore the fact their class attendance is poor, they don't do all of the homework, and they leave half of their final exam blank. If they don't have the same GPA and graduation rate, it is due to white supremacy. And claims of white supremacy are deemed valid, even without proof.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a way, I do feel sorry for these turds. Nobody ever loved them enough beat their ass and tell them they could be better. They've just been handed shit all their lives.
Without ever building a life you could hang your hat on, what are these shits going to become? Makes me all the more proud of my own brood. One cop, one teacher/nursing student and one physicians' assistant.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
BLM = Black Lies Matter. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Looks like she's trying to resemble Malcom X.

Right down to wearing a man's shirt.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
In a way, I do feel sorry for these turds. Nobody ever loved them enough beat their ass and tell them they could be better. They've just been handed shit all their lives.
Without ever building a life you could hang your hat on, what are these shits going to become? Makes me all the more proud of my own brood. One cop, one teacher/nursing student and one physicians' assistant.

Here's the sad answer to your question:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His son is the president of Longwood University where I work. Just a matter of time before that nonsense comes here. I'm still shocked we didn't have BLM protests when the US Vice Presidential Debate was on our campus last year. I'm praying our President has even more backbone than his father.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Looks like she's trying to resemble Malcom X.

Or Spike Lee.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
It's only a short walk from campus to Old Williamsburg where they have the public pillory.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What we have are stupid, self-absorbed brats who didn't get their asses whooped enough by their parent(s) so this is what we have to deal with when they're "adults."

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
What a sad distraction for a great school. The students work hard to be selected, work hard to graduate. BlM is a side show that does not add value to this college. Why doesn't Miss West drive a few miles down the road to Hampton University, and work on issues for that fine school.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Ladies and gents. This is a good move by W&M's president. Let's try to stay somewhat positive.
Walter Taylor Reveley III is probably being inundated with hate mail from the racist scum also known as BLM. I don't typically ask this of the forum but if you feel so inclined please send him a email of support. I just did. We gain nothing by bitching and always looking at things negatively. Make your voice heard.

Here is the email address for W&M's president: taylor@wm.edu
Excellent idea! I just sent a short e-mail of support.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post