SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A 50 mile Student march Against S&W
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 50 mile Student march Against S&W Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
HILARIOUS lyman!! Big Grin

But to your serious note...
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
find out where the staging area is,
[snip]

This is actually a GREAT idea!!! Make it a "teachable moment". Never miss an opportunity to mentor!! That would be the antithesis of "Never let a good crisis go to waste..."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like the way you think, gearhound!!

Just to put some numbers to this...If I hump it, I can walk a mile in like 15 minutes...that's 4 MPH. *Sustaining that pace*, it would take 12.5 hours to complete 50 miles...without stopping to eat or punch a grumpy. So I'm gonna give them credit and say that they'll finish this trek in 15 hours...that's a 3.33 MPH pace and it'll probably be closer to 3.0 or even 2.5 MPH. Guess it's easy to do that when you DON'T WORK!!!

Ain't no way in hell these idiots are going to sustain that pace and ain't no way in hell EVERY ONE of these idiots is going to finish. Hell...these idiots get bored inside of 5 minutes and are distracted by the next shiny red ball that goes bouncing by. You think they're going to hold out for upwards of 20 hours (considering a 2.5 MPH pace)??? Pfffffffff....

It's gonna be hilarious when they hit their first "dead zone" and can't pick up a data signal. The snowflakes will begin to melt...LMAO!!!

I figure 2 days, maybe 3,

walk a bit, stop , post on snapchat, instagram, fakebook, twatter,

juice boxes at 10,

happy meal at noon,

rest/put down for a nap at 3,

dinner and camp out in the local hotel that evening, with press conference and media attention,

repeat the next day

probably 2-3 adults taking care of each kid marching,

chase minivans,
shoe/sock changes,

big production

If Happy Meals and juice boxes are provided, I might just go on the march.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
If Happy Meals and juice boxes are provided, I might just go on the march.

OOH!! OOH!!! OOH!!! OOH!!!!! I'VE GOT IT!!!

Chick-Fil-A should show up along their route and provided chicken sammiches!!!

DUDE!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was S&W, I would donate the $5M to the NRA and/or across numerous pro-2A organizations. I would find out the names of the protesters and make the donation in their names.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Two words:

Water Cannon

I was talking with a friend at work about this recently. It seems we don't see much water cannon use lately -- has that been outlawed or something?

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Who is paying them? Most kids today can organize a lunch box let alone don't organize anything of this magnitude. Soros at it again?

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It was this past weekend and from what I can tell it was a dud. It had been heavily hyped by the Boston Globe in the lead up but the post event coverage was buried. I had to search hard for it and actually wondered if there would be an article before I finally came across it. When I did, it was short, boiler plate piece. There were not many participants.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post