SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
There's a big boat pro Trump regatta tomorrow at Charleston SC.

If I read correctly, the FL boat owner mentioned in previous posts above will be participating.

There's going to be a LOT of local boaters on the water. Can't wait to see the video.

Edit to add; My apologies. I got my articles/boats mixed up in reading about the regatta.

The link below is just about the event.

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tgtshuter,

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1263959460881600513

now here is a press conference

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How does one "privately" admit something "under oath"?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does one "privately" admit something "under oath"?

The transcripts of the formerly classified interviews they did w the House Intel committee have been released. They were under oath. It was "private" because it has been kept hidden from the public by the DEMs and DNI for 3 years.

During that time they have been saying all kinds of suggestions there was "secret" stuff they couldn't talk about, but that there was Russia / Trump campaign collusion.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
"President Donald Trump on Monday threatened to move the Republican National Convention from North Carolina, citing a problem with the Democrat governor.

“Unfortunately, Democrat Governor Roy Cooper is still in Shutdown mood and unable to guarantee that by August we will be allowed full attendance in the arena … Plans are being made by many thousands of enthusiastic Republicans, and others, to head to beautiful North Carolina in August,” he wrote on Twitter."

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...from-north-carolina/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
There's a big boat pro Trump regatta tomorrow at Charleston SC.

Looks like they had a good turnout Razz

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump and bill clinton are both the same age, but clinton looks like crud death. How does the President do it...just look at their wives. Big Grin

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://justthenews.com/politi...nce-break-deep-state

President Trump says he is making inroads in taming Washington's permanent bureaucracy, which he likes to call the "deep state."

“What am I doing? I'm fighting the deep state,” Trump said in an exclusive interview with Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson. “I'm fighting the swamp… If it keeps going the way it's going, I have a chance to break the deep state. It's a vicious group of people. It's very bad for our country.”

The president also talked about the strengths and weaknesses of his political opponent in the presidential race, Joe Biden, his own Twitter practices, the new Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, and the scandal over FBI surveillance abuses.

That was the insurance policy ,” Trump tells Attkisson, speaking of the FBI’s targeting of the Trump campaign in 2016 and the transition team in early 2017. “[They thought ‘Clinton is] going to win but just in case she doesn't, we have an insurance policy.’ And now I beat them on the insurance policy. And now they're being exposed.”

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
5/25/20

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

TOPICS: Flynn

- FBI Director Christopher Wray orders internal review of Michael Flynn investigation https://www.washingtonexaminer...-flynn-investigation

- Video: Press Secretary Kayliegh McEnany brought slides to the press briefing with a series of questions "any good journalist would want to answer about why people were unmasked" by the Obama administration. https://twitter.com/DailyCalle.../1263906820718026753

- Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany laid out a few questions that "any good journalist would want to answer about why people were unmasked."

"It is a criminal act to leak the identity of Michael Flynn to the press, but it happened. Where are the questions to Obama's spokesperson?"

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer.../1263910085371334657

- OAN: Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court https://youtu.be/GFUjtsxb3OI

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Blatant and obvious what the media is doing. Despicable.

In a first, Twitter adds fact-check labels to Trump tweets on voting fraud
https://www.politico.com/news/...-fraud-tweets-282844

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I think President Trump my be the ultimate expression of the Jacksonian Outlook...

General principles - William S. Belko in 2015 summarizes "the core concepts underlying Jacksonian Democracy" as:
equal protection of the laws; an aversion to a moneyed aristocracy, exclusive privileges, and monopolies, and a predilection for the common man; majority rule; and the welfare of the community over the individual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonian_democracy

From the essay below:

Jacksonians don't have any interest in spreading their philosophy around the world. It isn't evangelistic; indeed, the entire concept of trying to actively spread that or any other philosophy around the world is deeply repugnant to pure Jacksonians. Jacksonians are anti-imperialistic.

The whole point of Jacksonianism is "You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. You play fair with me and I'll play fair with you. But if you fuck with me, I'll kill you."

Sound familiar to anyone?

Essay

Dave from the UK discovered my site a couple of days ago and wrote to me about it. I answered some of his questions, and noted how he seemed puzzled by some of what Americans do. So I pointed him to Walter Russell Mead's brilliant article describing the influence of Jacksonianism on American foreign policy. Dave responded to that with an attempt to claim that it seemed to him that it should be in the interests of Jacksonians to support world government and the world rule of law, and he didn't understand their (our) deep antipathy to it.

I suppose I should mention in passing that I don't totally align with pure Jacksonianism as described by Mead. For one thing, it relies heavily on a strong religious tradition and I'm an atheist. But I identify much more strongly with the Jacksonian policy than I do with any of the other three that Mead describes (Wilsonian, Hamiltonian and Jeffersonian). So quoting Dave and interspersing my responses:

There is a particular....attitude that Mr Mead attributes to the Jacksonian party in his piece which seems to be more dogma than sense. The assumption that any attempt to establish an international framework is doomed to failure. This is a nihilistic argument. Later in the piece Mr Mead cites the post WW2 reconstruction of W.Germany and Japan as being within the Jacksonian tradition and positive for the common good. This I accept and agree with.

I had always thought that the small government, free-enterprise tradition, of the United States was its greatest strength. "The business of America is business" and for immigrants willing to work the streets can be paved with gold BUT. Free enterprise requires regulation and rule of law to work. Without it all transactions are COD and so all economies limited to the high street.

For the Jacksonian party to be able to prosper and thrive in their individual and self-sufficient tradition then, on a national and international level they must accept a degree of regulation and rule of common law for free trade to function correctly.

Economically crippled post WW1 Germany led to WW2. Economically viable and INTERNATIONALLY LINKED post WW2 W.Germany made the concept of a war with its trading partners unthinkable.

It isn't really dogma, it's just realism. Jacksonians know that there are really nasty people out there and know that it isn't possible to avoid dealing with them. There have always been nasty people and there always will be in the future. Jacksonian foreign policy is crafted to succeed even when other people are pricks.

Jacksonians don't consider the pacification of Germany to be the result of law or diplomacy. They think that it's the result of American military occupation. To put it simply, European peace was made possible by an American threat of war, fifty years of occupation by several American divisions and other military assets. That was the critical difference between 1920 and 1946; in 1920 American Wilsonians tried using diplomacy and the concept of international law and cooperation and friendship and trust, and failed. In 1946, American Jacksonians used military power instead, and succeeded.

George Marshall epitomizes the Jacksonian approach to things. During WWII, as head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marshall as top military officer of the US led us to total victory over Germany, Italy and Japan. After the war, as Secretary of State, Marshall as the top diplomatic officer of the US led us to lasting peace and friendship with those same nations. He was resolute in war, and forgiving and generous in peace, and won both the war and the peace. But he didn't become friendly and generous to Germany, Italy and Japan until after they had been totally defeated.

And a thousand years of Western European war was ended by American military occupation. (Which is why Jacksonians find European preaching against our military might to be ironic and deeply hypocritical. Europe has disarmed and ceased to rely on military power, but it was only capable of doing so because of American military strength. Europeans didn't need armies to threaten each other because they were all being threatened by us as a neutral outsider.)

Jacksonians do not think that international frameworks and international cooperation are impossible or unnecessary. But Jacksonians believe that such frameworks should be limited, concentrated, and closely monitored. Cooperation is possible without trust if it is backed with vigilance and the will to retaliate for cheating. (Retaliation can take many forms, of course; it's not exclusively military.)

And to Jacksonians, trust is foolhardy. There are a lot of good people out there, but there are also a lot of bastards, and if you turn your back someone will stab you in it. "Trust, but verify" is a purely Jacksonian watchword. Those who act honorably will be treated honorably, but those who cheat will be crushed.

This is, however, totally opposite to the more utopian vision of Wilsonians and some Europeans, of a new international order based not on vigilance and retaliation but rather on good will and cooperation and friendship. Were that possible, the result would be wonderful. But Jacksonians think such ideas are delusional; there are just too many people out there waiting for an opportunity to cheat.

In fact, trust does work in some cases. There are people out there who are honorable. But it's better not to depend on it, and Jacksonians don't think that it's necessary to do so. Jacksonians are always prepared for betrayal, because it will happen, somewhere, by someone, eventually.

The structures we require to maintain international trade can be sustained without trust or any kind of world government. Such international frameworks work quite well as long as they are limited, monitored and enforced by a threat of war or other retaliation. What won't work is any kind of utopian world government where the people of the world band together in peace, harmony and brotherhood, and cooperate with each other just because they're such nice folks and all. They ain't. Probably a lot of them are, but there are always going to be bad apples, and there will always be some who will cheat if they think they can get away with it. Such people will react to scolding and other toothless diplomatic reactions to their cheating with contempt; the only solution for them is to nail them to the wall.

The rule of law works within our nation because it is enforced by police and the courts. The rule of international law works because we're willing to fight when others ignore it if we think the issues involved are sufficiently important.

By Jacksonian lights, no rule of law works without the threat of force, and if the threat of force is removed then lawbreakers will come out of the woodwork. And sometimes they'll appear anyway, which is why war will always be with us and why good Jacksonians make sure that their nation always remains militarily strong.

Having police and courts doesn't prevent crime, but it does give us the ability to deal with it. By the same token having a strong military doesn't prevent the need for war, but it does give us a better chance of winning when the time comes. Nobody wants a war, but if you have to fight one it's much better to win it than to lose it.

And the police do deter some crime, and having a strong military does prevent some threats of war. Jacksonians are deeply practical; perfect solutions aren't possible and this one is the best available to us.

While it's true that some degree of international regulation is required in order for trade and other international dealings to take place, Jacksonians are always suspicious of such regulations because they want to make sure that the regulators don't have an ulterior motive, and to make sure that everyone is playing by the same rules. The situation works because it is subject to constant scrutiny and because we don't go overboard relying on it.

Basically, Jacksonians believe that others will play fair, but some of them will only do so as long as they know they're being watched.

In its distrust/rejection of international government the Jacksonian party hurts itself. Jacksonian traditions and goals of free enterprise and self-reliance can spread globally via Global Free Trade, without it, their capacity to prosper within the US itself is constrained and ultimately doomed.

Jacksonians don't have any interest in spreading their philosophy around the world. It isn't evangelistic; indeed, the entire concept of trying to actively spread that or any other philosophy around the world is deeply repugnant to pure Jacksonians. Jacksonians are anti-imperialistic.

The whole point of Jacksonianism is "You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. You play fair with me and I'll play fair with you. But if you fuck with me, I'll kill you."

To Jacksonians, it is entirely possible to create an adequate world framework of consistent and fair behavior, sufficient to support trade, through vigilance and the threat of reprisal (military or otherwise). Going beyond that to a world government as such is neither necessary, desirable nor even possible, and the best case is where there is as little international framework and governance as can be: only the bare minimum required but no more. Anything beyond that will eventually be abused by someone, so it's better to do without it.

Wilsonians want a world government. Jacksonians think that's a fool's quest. And contrary to your supposition that world government is required for successful international trade, the reality is that the last fifty years of international trade were managed under Jacksonian principles, and quite successfully too.

Free trade inside the US works because of the threat of force implicit in the police and the courts. Free trade works internationally because we are strong, alert and willing to retaliate against those who cross us. To Jacksonians, that is sufficient. Nothing else is needed, and nothing else can work.

https://sdb.dotclue.org/cd_log...nforeignpolicy.shtml

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Now Twatter is "fact checking" and labeling Trump's tweets as "fake news"? I'm telling you, they are cooking up a scheme to shut him out of Twitter altogether by the early fall when the election season really gets going. Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Twitter and Facebook are the enemies of the American people, and I hope President Trump buries his foot in Twitter's ass.

President Trump warns social media giants that feds can ‘regulate’ or ‘close them down’

You can bet your bottom dollar that Twitter would never do this to Barack Obama. They'd be too busy sucking his dick and getting ready for the Krimson Kenyan to mount them.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. Twitter done screwed up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
pretty neat watching AF1 fly overhead the SpaceX Dragon this morning as he flew in to watch the launch

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yup. Twitter done screwed up.

I truly believe what they've done is going to backfire bigtime on them. Trump has been saying for a while big tech was pushing an agenda. This screw up by Dorsey and crew only feeds that narrative. Personally, I loathe Twitter and Jack Dorsey, so I'd personally love to see them burn.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump launch his own social media platform and maybe even a news network when he's out of office to keep pounding the liberal commies with the truth.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/tech...al-media-censorship/

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media censorship amid rapidly intensifying political bias from the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters aboard Air Force one that the president will shortly sign the executive order, although no further details were given about what it will consist of.

posted Hide Post
Nice this happened sooner than later. It's amazing they handed it to him.

To those who think the liberal dems are some cunning, scheming Svengali- They just gave President Trump the perfect reason to reign in the social networks 6 months before the election.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post