SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heinz mayo + ketchup?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heinz mayo + ketchup? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I’ll try it (will make my own, using Hellmann's mayo), but I’m skeptical. Might work on a chip butty…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-ready-Mayochup.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Throw a little relish in, and you have McD's special sauce.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
No different than mayo and ketchup on your burger, I would expect.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Wasn't that also 1000 Island dressing made at home back in the olden days?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
We mixed up a little mayo + Srirachai + lemon juice just last night for our crab rolls....

While the creation was excellent in taste as highly custom to our own palette, it seems incredible there's enough people too bereft of minimal kitchen skills they can't fabricate their own.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Wasn't that also 1000 Island dressing made at home back in the olden days?

Yes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A solution in search of a problem. Are people too lazy to put mayo and ketchup on things like burgers? IMO those two are key.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Around here they call that "fry sauce".

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
{meh} I'd just as soon mix my own (usually with Chipotle in adobo added).
RANT: I hate Mad those click-bait sites like linked above.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A solution in search of a problem. Are people too lazy to put mayo and ketchup on things like burgers? IMO those two are key.

Apparently so. Willing to be they'll have a version with a little sriracha mixed in as well Other "flavors" to follow.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I now routinely mix ketchup (or BBQ sauce) with whatever hot sauce is handy (preferably Tabasco.) Good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Apparently so. Willing to be they'll have a version with a little sriracha mixed in as well Other "flavors" to follow.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

This. ^^

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

This. ^^

Ditto this.

At the ski resorts here in Utah they even have giant jugs of it in the cafeterias right next to the other self serve condiments.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I use only French's yellow mustard and no mayonnaise on my hamburgers and hot dogs; no chili, relish, onions either. (I do put lettuce on my hamburgers.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Russian Dressing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Heinz? Other than their Heinz 57 Sauce, no thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
We mixed up a little mayo + Srirachai + lemon juice just last night for our crab rolls....

While the creation was excellent in taste as highly custom to our own palette, it seems incredible there's enough people too bereft of minimal kitchen skills they can't fabricate their own.

I'm with ya, I whip together dips and sauces similar to what you did all the time with what I see in the fridge. Takes a few seconds and is better than any store bought sauce.

Mayo plus sriracha, a squeeze of lime and a bit of salt, pepper, ginger (or curry) is an old standby of mine.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
it seems incredible there's enough people too bereft of minimal kitchen skills they can't fabricate their own.

You've noticed they now sell pre-sliced veggies at the supermarket, right?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
it seems incredible there's enough people too bereft of minimal kitchen skills they can't fabricate their own.

You've noticed they now sell pre-sliced veggies at the supermarket, right?

Sales & marketing: get the public to buy something they didn't know they needed.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I just can’t mix condiments. I have only mustard on my hamburgers and only ketchup with fries. I can’t have a combo of condiments on a hamburger or anything else.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post