SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McAllen, TX mall jewelry store robbery with video...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McAllen, TX mall jewelry store robbery with video... Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
We don’t have OTA TV nor cable right now so I get most of my news online. Looks like this story already made the national news, but if you missed it here’s a link with more details.

The reason I bring this up is that I stumbled onto security video of the incident. The most alarming item of note is how the first LEO blew right past the perp inside the door who appeared to be holding a gun. Now I am not trying to Monday morning QB, just highlighting the negative effects that tunnel vision can have in a stressful situation.

Facebook (sorry) video

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
yep. could easily have been a fatal mistake

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. That's the mall that basically gets most of the buisness in that area - the closest comparable one is something like forty minutes to the east, and the closest one after that is hours to the north. It also gets a ton of buisness from Reynosa, across the river, as well as a bunch of other Mexico traffic. It's busy enough that it's definitely a relief to see multiple reports of broken glass but "no shots fired".

I couldn't see the video at Basefook since I don't have an account. Does anyone happen to know where else to find it?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I don't have facebook and I could watch the video. Confused

I hope the robbers they caught are punished in a meaningful manner. Not the typical slap on the wrist.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
November 18, 1972. After answering a number false silent alarms at a local jewelry store Hollywood FL Officer Henry Menard walked in passed the perp and was shot in the back killing him.

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.

Posts: 168 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The only thing missing was the Benny Hill music

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Video isn't working for me, and can't seem to find a suitable link.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Here’s a non-FB video. It’s a compilation of several videos, please disregard the presenter. The original video I linked to is included in this video.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...hMuyVhu6YCiXoFvf2SuA

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Always dig your corners.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the videos, SigM4. FWIW, the way the presenter sounds is pretty typical of guys his age in the area.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Undocumented purchasers.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, these guys definitely got documented. Maybe even validated. You know, 'cause they're gonna be parked for a while.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Undocumented purchasers.

Nailed it.

https://news4sanantonio.com/ne...all-robbery-incident

quote:
Seven Mexican nationals are being held on charges they attempted to rob a jewelry store at a busy South Texas mall, setting off a panic among shoppers and warnings by law enforcement of an active shooter.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extradite them to California where Gov. Brown will set them up with apartments and cable TV.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’m still amazed that they ever thought they’d get away with it.

Complacency sucks…