SIGforum
McAllen, TX mall jewelry store robbery with video...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9290010544

July 28, 2018, 08:49 PM
SigM4
McAllen, TX mall jewelry store robbery with video...
We don’t have OTA TV nor cable right now so I get most of my news online. Looks like this story already made the national news, but if you missed it here’s a link with more details.

The reason I bring this up is that I stumbled onto security video of the incident. The most alarming item of note is how the first LEO blew right past the perp inside the door who appeared to be holding a gun. Now I am not trying to Monday morning QB, just highlighting the negative effects that tunnel vision can have in a stressful situation.

Facebook (sorry) video

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
July 28, 2018, 09:05 PM
nasig
yep. could easily have been a fatal mistake
July 28, 2018, 10:39 PM
Il Cattivo
Holy cow. That's the mall that basically gets most of the buisness in that area - the closest comparable one is something like forty minutes to the east, and the closest one after that is hours to the north. It also gets a ton of buisness from Reynosa, across the river, as well as a bunch of other Mexico traffic. It's busy enough that it's definitely a relief to see multiple reports of broken glass but "no shots fired".

I couldn't see the video at Basefook since I don't have an account. Does anyone happen to know where else to find it?
July 29, 2018, 02:39 AM
arfmel
I don't have facebook and I could watch the video. Confused

I hope the robbers they caught are punished in a meaningful manner. Not the typical slap on the wrist.
July 29, 2018, 06:29 AM
farman
November 18, 1972. After answering a number false silent alarms at a local jewelry store Hollywood FL Officer Henry Menard walked in passed the perp and was shot in the back killing him.

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.
July 29, 2018, 07:18 AM
CQB60
The only thing missing was the Benny Hill music

July 29, 2018, 01:57 PM
slabsides45
Video isn't working for me, and can't seem to find a suitable link.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
July 29, 2018, 03:32 PM
SigM4
Here’s a non-FB video. It’s a compilation of several videos, please disregard the presenter. The original video I linked to is included in this video.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...hMuyVhu6YCiXoFvf2SuA

Complacency sucks…
July 29, 2018, 04:01 PM
jljones
Always dig your corners.......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

July 29, 2018, 04:32 PM
Il Cattivo
Thanks for the videos, SigM4. FWIW, the way the presenter sounds is pretty typical of guys his age in the area.
July 31, 2018, 04:21 PM
Fenris
Undocumented purchasers.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
July 31, 2018, 05:08 PM
Il Cattivo
No, these guys definitely got documented. Maybe even validated. You know, 'cause they're gonna be parked for a while.
July 31, 2018, 09:23 PM
a1abdj
quote:
Undocumented purchasers.

Nailed it.

https://news4sanantonio.com/ne...all-robbery-incident

quote:
Seven Mexican nationals are being held on charges they attempted to rob a jewelry store at a busy South Texas mall, setting off a panic among shoppers and warnings by law enforcement of an active shooter.

www.zykansafe.com
July 31, 2018, 09:29 PM
Russ59
Extradite them to California where Gov. Brown will set them up with apartments and cable TV.

P229
July 31, 2018, 09:35 PM
SigM4
I’m still amazed that they ever thought they’d get away with it.

Complacency sucks…