SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent that this transplant works!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
The hope is that I’ll be cancer free, and die from something else!

As a friend in a similar situation would say, "Ex-aaact-ly". He says statistically, at his age, he can die from a number of things other than his slowly-growing brain stem growth.

Best!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers still inbound.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good news stryker1. I say something every night for you.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Striker1, prayers and good thoughts inbound! I really don’t know if I could have continued the way you have! You’re my Hero!!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
all the best with your recovery Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Glad all is going well and you are still in our prayers and Happy New Year.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Wishing you and yours the happiest and healthiest of New Years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the recovery Striker, saying a prayer for you.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Update in first post.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good progress!

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep on swinging Striker!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Glad things are going well. Good luck, and keep healing!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update:

Today I went in to meet with the radiation oncologist for the first time. Although I underwent a successful stem cell transplant in December, the tumor is still active albeit smaller. So I have 5 weeks of radiation ahead of me (sort of expected). I go back Thursday for the simulation and then Friday is day one of radiation. This tumor is stubborn, but about half the size it was at discovery last May.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
fight it, beat it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People like you make our beloved country great; we need you here for a long time. Kick its ass, you got this!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Keep fighting, very inspiring!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers for complete healing sent!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Finished my 25 rounds of radiation yesterday.

Now, we wait.

The high-dose chemo I underwent prior to my stem cell transplant didn’t get rid of the tumor. So hopefully the radiation will take care of it. I have to wait a couple of months before I can do another PET scan to see the results.

If the tumor remains or has grown, it’s unknown yet what the next steps will be.

RB

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep you in prayers.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post