SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    YouTube set to ban gun sale and tutorial videos. Reddit bans subreddits for gun sales
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YouTube set to ban gun sale and tutorial videos. Reddit bans subreddits for gun sales Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
YouTube bans gun sale, tutorial videos
This includes how to assemble videos as well.

Reddit bans gun sales

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Man, that sucks.

I used YouTube a bunch for gun related tutorial videos...

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do your worst, commies.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
These pinkos just don't learn do they? 4 more years!

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Maybe some entrepreneurs will set up “Ourtube” and fill the demand.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Maybe some entrepreneurs will set up “Ourtube” and fill the demand.

Already been done: https://www.full30.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Some have moved to Full30.com. In some respects better than snowflake-tube.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
So simply disassembling a gun in a video is a violation?

What ass suckers

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of content to lose, and viewers like me who will bail completely based on principle.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I’ll be moving to full30 ASAP.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used You Tube a lot for dissassembly videos. I also enjoyed Hickok 45. I noticed that was his image on Full 30.com.

Will that website host disassembly videos as well?

I am challenged when it comes to such things as 1911 dissassembly and the like.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yet people can still go onto YouTube and find such helpful videos as “Cold water extraction”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lESnvL564VQ

Which shows viewers how to quickly separate the fun opioids from the acetaminophen in their Percocet to obtain a better, more intense high and not suffer the liver killing effects of the acetaminophen...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Yet people can still go onto YouTube and find such helpful videos as “Cold water extraction”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lESnvL564VQ

Which shows viewers how to quickly separate the fun opioids from the acetaminophen in their Percocet to obtain a better, more intense high and not suffer the liver killing effects of the acetaminophen...

When have we ever known a commie to be consistent or have scruples?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Words can’t describe the indignation I feel right now. I put a lot of hours into those videos.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of full30 until just now. I just created an account. Thanks to this forum - again - for turning me onto something of great interest!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I had never heard of full30 until just now. I just created an account. Thanks to this forum - again - for turning me onto something of great interest!

quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I’ll be moving to full30 ASAP.

Tony.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
It's not clear, at least to me, what is actually banned. The original post links to an article on "circa.com" and that "article" reports on an article that appears on bloomberg.com. The Bloomberg article says that "YouTube will prohibit videos with instructions on how to assemble firearms." Does this refer to videos that describe how to make your own firearm from parts or to videos that show a guy unboxing a handgun and then showing how it's disassembled and reassembled (ie, most 'review' videos)? The article mentions Spike's Tactical by name, whom I have never heard of. I have no idea what sort of videos they uploaded.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spike's Tactical

They are a firearms manufacturing company in Central Florida that has been around a long time and at least here sell quite a bit of complete ar's silencers and lowers.

Its a good company, good reputation.

https://www.spikestactical.com/

Posts: 23450 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Spike's Tactical

They are a firearms manufacturing company in Central Florida that has been around a long time and at least here sell quite a bit of complete ar's silencers and lowers.

Its a good company, good reputation.

https://www.spikestactical.com/

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Reddit bans gun sales

Some of the comments are quite entertaining on the Reddit link, theres tons of folks that are more upset about the prohibitions on sexually based posts than anything else.

Posts: 23450 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hasta la vista YouTube, hello Full30!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post