SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Porsche Cayenne? Or Perhaps A VW Touareg? Nope: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Porsche Cayenne? Or Perhaps A VW Touareg? Nope: Jeep Grand Cherokee Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Haha, quoted because you said responsibly and Hemi in the same post. I wish you luck with that!

Yeah, that's going to be the tricky part, because I am a bit of an acceleration junkie Smile.

Back even before the TrailBlazer, when I still had the CR-V, I had begun to wonder why my gasoline mileage wasn't what I felt it should be. Then I started paying attention to how I was driving. I didn't start hypermiling, but I did tone down the aggressiveness a bit and stopped running up to red lights at speed--just to throw on the binders. Gained 2-3 MPG just like that.

I'm used to pressing the gas pedal a certain amount to achieve a certain degree of acceleration. The TrailBlazer is bigger and heavier than was the CR-V, but it also has more engine, so they had similar acceleration behaviour. Press on that Jeep's pedal that far and you're rocketing away.

Then again: I'm retired and not driving 34 miles, round-trip, every day. So... *shrug* Razz

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I had a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland V6 that I really enjoyed:

Drove it for two years and then traded it in on a new 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitute. Still driving it today. Is has the HEMI V8, which I really wanted. Gas mileage is bad though — I get like 14 MPG but it’s 99% city driving (small town, really - we’ve moved houses since these photos were taken). It’ll get 21 MPG on the freeway though. Only has 15,300 miles on it and it’ll be two years of ownership next week:

You made a good choice! Enjoy it.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Congrats!

I had a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland V6 that I really enjoyed:

Thanks!

Your Overland looked similar to my Limited, save you had the Xenon headlights and tow hooks.

quote:
Drove it for two years and then traded it in on a new 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitute.

Really like the silver & black thing. That's how my TrailBlazer looks.

Had the TB into the dealer to get a quote on trade-in value. Sales guy remarked "That's a good-looking TrailBlazer" Smile

quote:
It has the HEMI V8, which I really wanted. Gas mileage is bad though — I get like 14 MPG but it’s 99% city driving

Do you have "Eco" enabled? I wondered how that affects performance and mileage.

quote:
You made a good choice! Enjoy it.

Thanks. I plan to Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Yea I think Eco is always on. I'll have to check -- I don't recall now. But I'm pretty sure it's on. It used to be that it came on by default every time you started the vehicle (so people made it a habit to always turn it off, first thing, as they didn't like it). Then they made an update to where it will 'remember' what it was set to when you turned the vehicle off.

I'll check later today, but I think it's on. I never touch the button.

Either way, the mileage is pretty bad. But then again, it gets driven like 10 miles a day, in a small town to the store and what-not. The 2014 GC with the V6 that I had before it didn't fare much better -- like 16-17 MPGs. Same type driving situation, though (I work from home).

I've made a couple "long-ish" trips with it (250 miles or so) and it was 21-22 MPGs. Not too bad.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've made a couple "long-ish" trips with it (250 miles or so) and it was 21-22 MPGs. Not too bad.

Well, then, if I drive the Hemi reasonably Big Grin, I might actually come out about even on highway miles. Best I ever got with the TB was 21.6 MPG, and I'm certain I was keeping it down to ±75 MPH and otherwise keeping the drive laid back.

My average for the TB, combined city/highway (more highway than city) over the 4-1/2 years I've had it, is 16.3 MPG. But lately, with it being almost all city, it's dropped to about 15-1/2.

Worst I ever got was 13.6. I've no idea how I did that.

(Yeah, I kept a spreadsheet. Religiously.)

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's home! Yay!

(No more new Jeep pics. I promise Smile.)