SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On this date in 1945... and on this date in 1945...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
On this date in 1945... and on this date in 1945... Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I was trying to figure out what PowerSurge was talking about, so I searched for information about the oil embargo he mentioned.

PowerSurge's statement sounds remarkably like a piece posted 17 years ago by Pat Buchanan in 2001. Originally I had posted the text of his article, but I've never read the things he talked about anywhere else, so I'm just going to post the link.

http://www.theamericancause.org/patwhydidjapan.htm

I'm surprised how many folks believe the revisionist versions of history. What a bunch of nonsense.
 
Posts: 5778 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
I was trying to figure out what PowerSurge was talking about, so I searched for information about the oil embargo he mentioned.

PowerSurge's statement sounds remarkably like a piece posted 17 years ago by Pat Buchanan in 2001. Originally I had posted the text of his article, but I've never read the things he talked about anywhere else, so I'm just going to post the link.

http://www.theamericancause.org/patwhydidjapan.htm

I'm surprised how many folks believe the revisionist versions of history. What a bunch of nonsense.


Are you saying you don’t believe we placed an oil embargo on Japan and froze their assets? Just curious...


———————————————-
Every socialist is a disguised dictator—Ludwig von Mises
 
Posts: 527 | Location: North And East Of The Big Chicken | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
On 9 MAR 45 the United States began a 48 hour firebombing of Tokyo. An estimated 80,000 to 130,000 Japanese died. More then either atomic bombing.

Operation Olympic, the invasion of Japan, would have been on 1 NOV 45. The Home island of Kyushu. The island had few landing beach and faces were concentrated there. Civilians, rather the being moved back were instead given spears. Japan also announced that an invasion would res7lt in the murder of all POWs and intended civilians. The POWs were aware of this and made plans to rush the wire in an escape attempt.

Kyushu Would not be conquered. Half the island would have been turned into airfields and a 25/7 bombing of Japan would begin. As most buildings were constructed of wood, firebombing was seen as the most effective method.

In the Dpring of 1946, Operation Coronet, the invision of the Tokyo Plain, Would begin. Total casualties would be in the millions.

Keep in mind the American People as will as the rest of the world were sick and tired of the way. There was reported resistance from troops selected for the invasion. The war in Europe was over and many soldiers feared transfer to the Pacific.

Last, after the invasion and defeat of Japan, consider the impact when people learned the atomic bomb was developed but not used.



“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
 
Posts: 5338 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last, after the invasion and defeat of Japan, consider the impact when people learned the atomic bomb was developed but not used.


Truman had considered this in mid 1945. He feared the back lash in America if it was discovered he had a way to the war quickly but not used it.


*********
"Avoid the rush and Procrastinate now".
 
Posts: 6247 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by deepocean:
I was trying to figure out what PowerSurge was talking about, so I searched for information about the oil embargo he mentioned.

PowerSurge's statement sounds remarkably like a piece posted 17 years ago by Pat Buchanan in 2001. Originally I had posted the text of his article, but I've never read the things he talked about anywhere else, so I'm just going to post the link.


Are you saying you don’t believe we placed an oil embargo on Japan and froze their assets? Just curious...


I'm saying Japan was not forced into WW2 by the United States any more than we forced them into committing atrocities everywhere they went in Asia and the Pacific. If we had given them oil, they still would have attacked Pearl Harbor later on.

I have a question for you. If we had appeased them, do you think they would have been our buddy in the Pacific in WW2? If we had appeased them, they would have taken everything in the Pacific, including Australia and Hawaii, then come for our west coast.
 
Posts: 5778 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Japanese committed atrocities, no doubt. But it was FDR that put Japan’s back against the wall in July 1941 with an oil embargo and forced them to later attack us.


The wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands of Chinese civilians by Japanese troops might have put an oil embargo thought in FDR's head.


*********
"Avoid the rush and Procrastinate now".
 
Posts: 6247 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
I’m just going to go ahead and skip straight to the punchline for the night: PowerSurge’s statements are un-fucking-believable. If he believes otherwise, I invite upon him the burden of proving his assertion. I suspect it can’t be done.

I’ve met a Nazi apologist or two online, and a few IJA apologists, but hey, it’s been a while and it’s time to spin the wheel again, I guess.
 
Posts: 9719 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 8396 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:


I'm thinking the same thing. I'm thinking this sounds familiar. I have a guess who it is, but I'll let the powers that be deal with him if need be.
 
Posts: 5778 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Japanese committed atrocities, no doubt. But it was FDR that put Japan’s back against the wall in July 1941 with an oil embargo and forced them to later attack us.


The wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands of Chinese civilians by Japanese troops might have put an oil embargo thought in FDR's head.


Yep...Japan had been raping women and children before burning entire cities for several years prior to 1941. They deserved far more than an embargo.

More likely in the hundreds of thousands, actually.




Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
 
Posts: 10144 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
I was trying to figure out what PowerSurge was talking about, so I searched for information about the oil embargo he mentioned.

PowerSurge's statement sounds remarkably like a piece posted 17 years ago by Pat Buchanan in 2001. Originally I had posted the text of his article, but I've never read the things he talked about anywhere else, so I'm just going to post the link.

http://www.theamericancause.org/patwhydidjapan.htm

I'm surprised how many folks believe the revisionist versions of history. What a bunch of nonsense.


Are you saying you don’t believe we placed an oil embargo on Japan and froze their assets? Just curious...


Talk to me about Unit 731.

 
Posts: 9719 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus


posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Japanese committed atrocities, no doubt. But it was FDR that put Japan’s back against the wall in July 1941 with an oil embargo and forced them to later attack us.


The wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands of Chinese civilians by Japanese troops might have put an oil embargo thought in FDR's head.


Yep...Japan had been raping women and children before burning entire cities for several years prior to 1941. They deserved far more than an embargo.

More likely in the hundreds of thousands, actually.


In the book Rape of Nanking the notorious head-chopping contest is documented. Two IJA officers had a contest for beheading Chinese. During the contest they lost count and decided to start over. The author of the book committed suicide from the ghastly history. The gulit and shame are on the Japanese, not on the embargo.

My chinese friend declared that dropping the atom bombs on Japan was "the greatest thing America has ever done". He was enthusiastic stating that. His grandfather fought in the Nationalist army near Kunming.


"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
 
Posts: 4692 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Japanese committed atrocities, no doubt. But it was FDR that put Japan’s back against the wall in July 1941 with an oil embargo and forced them to later attack us.


Sounds like you have been reading James Bradley books.
He likes to blame the US for all wrongs, taking things out of context and not understanding the values of the times.
Turns out he couldn’t even get the story about his father right either.
 
Posts: 4515 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
This thread needs more cowbell for the revisionist apologist in our midst.

 
Posts: 40304 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Jockos podcast on 731 was intense. I had no idea of the level of savagery that was happening. If you know of that and what happened in the pacific and still want to second guess the decision of 6&9aug, you are not worth anyone's time.


War Eagle!
 
Posts: 186 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I’m just going to go ahead and skip straight to the punchline for the night: PowerSurge’s statements are un-fucking-believable. If he believes otherwise, I invite upon him the burden of proving his assertion. I suspect it can’t be done.

I’ve met a Nazi apologist or two online, and a few IJA apologists, but hey, it’s been a while and it’s time to spin the wheel again, I guess.


Ditto. I'm truly lost for words...


==========================================
Just my 2¢
____________________________

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫
 
Posts: 7077 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
/taps the mic

This thing still on? Hey PowerSurge, did we lose you?
 
Posts: 9719 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
A series of events led to the attack on Pearl Harbor. War between Japan and the United States had been a possibility that each nation's military forces planned for in the 1920s, though real tension did not begin until the 1931 invasion of Manchuria by Japan. Over the next decade, Japan expanded slowly into China, leading to the Second Sino-Japanese war in 1937. In 1940 Japan invaded French Indochina in an effort to embargo all imports into China, including war supplies purchased from the U.S. This move prompted the United States to embargo all oil exports, leading the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) to estimate it had less than two years of bunker oil remaining and to support the existing plans to seize oil resources in the Dutch East Indies. Planning had been underway for some time on an attack on the "Southern Resource Area" to add it to the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Japan envisioned in the Pacific.





He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
 
Posts: 38533 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Japan started this





He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
 
Posts: 38533 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And 'Merica finished it.

 
Posts: 40304 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On this date in 1945... and on this date in 1945...

© SIGforum 2018