SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
I've never heard of them... but now Twitter is banning them:

What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts

The new “NPC” meme mocks leftists by depicting them as unthinking and reflexive automatons. The meme has upset the left so much that Twitter is now banning people posting it for “dehumanizing speech,” but its humble origins are the computer-controlled characters of limited intelligence found in most video games.

The popular NPC meme trend frames its targets as non-player characters (NPCs) who reflexively spout neo-Marxist axioms in response to real-world events. Actual NPCs are computer-controlled characters in video games with limited scripted responses given the parameters of the games in which they appear. For example, NPCs may assign quests to the player in games like Skyrim, or join the player as a companion in Fallout.

Built on the long-running Wojak meme, the NPC meme mocks leftists as expressionless in appearance and bot-like in behavior. The universal standard appearance illustrates the left’s political homogeneity.

The trending NPC memes can be seen on several Facebook pages, and are spreading quickly on Twitter, Reddit, and 4Chan as well. Below is a selection showing the versatility and creativity of the right’s meme creators

News media outlets such as CNN and MSNBC are targeted by the NPC meme:

D.C.-based protesters agitating against the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court:

Che Guevara t-shirts:

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...r-scripted-thoughts/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
That's funny.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Heard of it for the very first time on Mark Dice's vid today.
The major media monopolies are constantly doing everything they can to thwart conservative-speak.
Even thought they are now putting on a different face now mostly because they fear Trump.
I'm generally not one for guberment control of much but it is only going to get worse and more sophisticated in their silencing of speech.
If the left ever gets control then they will unleash unrepentantly and openly. Mad
In the mean time NPC is pretty funny. Smile

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Today's slang for lemmings, and it's hilarious.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Interesting albeit a little long take on NPC:

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sensitive little fuckers, aren't they?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The sophisticated, the progressive, the future of the human species are letting themselves get played by nonplayable characters. They're going to have to feel pretty silly sometime.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
The sophisticated, the progressive, the future of the human species are letting themselves get played by nonplayable characters. They're going to have to feel pretty silly sometime.

They *are* the NPCs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Maybe they would prefer this kind of depiction:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
They *are* the NPCs.

Sure, but that's what makes it funny. They claim they're not NPCs, and yet a mere meme is enough to get them worked up. How can they claim to not be something that they, at the very least, so clearly relate to?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Can we assume that PC could also mean "player character", or more realistically, people who think they're player characters?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Can we assume that PC could also mean "player character", or more realistically, people who think they're player characters?

In short, no. You’re reaching too far with it. The PC is what the game is played on, by the player.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I freaking love this. As a guy who has played many games over the years (on both PC and console) as a PC (player character) I have met countless NPC in games.

The idea to turn the lefties into NPCs is genius, and the reason they are so spun up and pissed off is because it is TRUE and hits close to home.

If the meme was off the mark it would be ignored. The fact that they get so worked up about it means that all I can say is: More please!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

Plato

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The PC is what the game is played on, by the player.

...non-player characters (NPCs)

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

Plato

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Now I want to sign up for twitter so that I can get banned for a stupid meme.

My god Liberals are such cry babies. Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The PC is what the game is played on, by the player.

...non-player characters (NPCs)

Yeah, I know. Some confusion is possible. If you ask most people what PC stands for they will say Political Correctness.

Back in the day most people would say Personal Computer.

Way, way, way down the list is Playable Character, but it does exist and I know that it does.

Especially when we are in a thread about the NPC meme!

And yes, if I saw a SJW screaming that they WERE a PC, and not just PC, I would think that they were protesting the NPC meme and saying they had a brain by being an actual PC (Player Character).

Plato