SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
50K, my ass. Those hedges look like shit and they didn't even touch the leaves in the back yard.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Terror suspect in US troop bombing is a migrant caravan organizer

A new report has revealed that one of the Central American migrant caravan leaders is an accused terrorist.

Alfonso Guerrero Ulloa, who organized a migrant march on the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana this week, was the primary suspect in a 1987 bombing that injured six U.S. troops in Honduras, The Daily Caller reported Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Ulloa led a group of 100 migrants to the U.S. Consulate office in Tijuana, where they demanded the Trump Administration grant them entry into the U.S. or pay them each $50,000 to return home, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

“It may seem like a lot of money to you,” Ulloa said on Tuesday. “But it is a small sum compared to everything the United States has stolen from Honduras.”

His participation in the caravan’s efforts have been well-documented on his Facebook page.

A New York Times story from 1987 reported that Ulloa was the suspect named behind the August 1987 incident in which a bomb was planted in a Chinese restaurant in Honduras, injuring six U.S. troops and a Honduras civilian.

Ulloa fled to Mexico, where he received permanent asylum. U.S. officials protested Mexico’s decision, to which Mexico dismissed concerns on the account that then-22-year-old Ulloa was a “freedom fighter” who faced persecution over his political beliefs.

A December 1987 Congressional appropriations bill confirmed Ulloa as a suspected terrorist in their findings on the bombing.

“The bomb was directed at American soldiers and did in fact wound American soldiers and an American contractor,” it said, adding that U.S. service members “were in Honduras assigned to Joint Task Force Bravo.”

“Honduras authorities have named Alfonso Guerrero Ulloa as a suspect in this act of terrorism and have a warrant for his arrest,” the document said.

The document accused the Mexican government of harboring a terrorist in spite of international law, and further called on Mexico to “turn Mr. Guerrero over to the Government of Honduras.”

However, Ulloa asserts he was falsely accused of the crime.

In a Facebook post from July 30, 2017, he lamented over the lack of apology from Honduras and the U.S. over the allegation, and blames Jorge Arturo Reina Idiaquez for being the mastermind in the incident.

In the post, however, he criticized the presence of American bases in Honduras, and indicated that Honduras would be free when “Gringos trash” was removed from Honduras.

He also admitted, “I was a member of the RPF Lorenzo Zelaya.”

Popular Revolutionary Forces-Lorenzo Zelaya was a radical group that admitted to hijacking a Honduran airliner and taking 10 hostages, eight of which were American, the New York Times reported.

A global terrorism report published by the U.S. State Department in April 1990 named the group among Honduran-based “leftist guerrilla groups that have resorted to terrorist attacks.”

“We were revolutionaries but not guerrillas, because we did not have weapons,” Ulloa insisted.

https://americanmilitarynews.c...ail&utm_medium=email

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$50k or what?

Last I checked, they're sitting against a fence on the Mexico side of the border. It's Mexico's problem, not ours. They're not asylum seekers, they're just job hunters. Instead of holding their political, economic and community leaders accountable either by voting or, sticking a gun in their belly, they decided to walk through two Spanish speaking countries, (one of whom is a top-15 economy in the world) to the furthest point-of-entry to the US. Brownsville was 1000-miles closer. Ain't getting in.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
So that alleged terrorist wants $50K and an apology? Anything else? Maybe a nice steak dinner at Ruth's Chris? Roll Eyes

Good luck with that, I think he is more likely to be arrested than anything else.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something desperate people with no hand left to play just might try... before giving up and going home.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Caravan: Warfare by Other Means

quote:
The Caravan on our southern border is an expression of war, and it’s abetted by collaborators right here in the United States. Or at least in Chicago, which I hear shares a border with the United States.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
The Caravan: Warfare by Other Means

quote:
The Caravan on our southern border is an expression of war, and it’s abetted by collaborators right here in the United States. Or at least in Chicago, which I hear shares a border with the United States.

Interesting article, thanks for the link.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...r-patrol/2309596002/

7-year-old Guatemalan migrant girl in Border Patrol custody dies from high fever, seizures

Alan Gomez, USA TODAY
Published 9:37 a.m. ET Dec. 14, 2018 | Updated 11:20 a.m. ET Dec. 14, 2018

A 7-year-old Guatemalan girl who was detained by Customs and Border Protection agents after illegally crossing the southern border into the United States last week died after suffering from a high fever and seizures, federal immigration authorities said.

The girl was in custody for more than nine hours after crossing into New Mexico with a group of 163 migrants, including her father. She began having seizures and vomiting, was determined to have a 105.7-degree fever, and was transported by Air Ambulance to a hospital in El Paso, Texas, according to a statement from the Department of Homeland Security.

She went into cardiac arrest at Providence Children's Hospital, but was revived, before dying a short time later, according to DHS. The initial diagnosis by physicians at Providence Children’s Hospital listed the cause of death as septic shock, fever and dehydration, according to a separate statement provided to The Washington Post.

According to the statement given to the Post, the girl had not eaten or consumed food for several days before her death. A DHS official said the father and daughter were given a medical screening after being detained, and were offered food and water. But the statement does not make clear whether the two received any food or water.

The agency did not provide The Associated Press or USA Today with the statement it gave to the Post, despite repeated requests. CBP officials said they plan to hold a briefing with reporters later in the day on Friday.

The girl’s death is sure to revive concerns over the Trump administration’s treatment of minors following a tumultuous year when it was ordered to stop separating parents from their children along the border, and criticized for firing tear gas into a group of Central American migrants in Tijuana that included women and children.

In a statement, DHS officials said they lamented the girl’s death, issued their “sincerest condolences” to the girl’s family and reiterated that Border Patrol agents took “every possible step” to save her life. But, they made clear that such tragedies will happen when so many people make the long and dangerous trek to enter the U.S. illegally.

"Every year the Border Patrol saves hundreds of people who are overcome by the elements between our ports of entry," the Homeland Security statement read. "Unfortunately, despite our best efforts and the best efforts of the medical team treating the child, we were unable to stop this tragedy from occurring. As fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, we empathize with the loss of any child."

Lawyers, immigration advocates and human rights groups have long decried the conditions in which migrants, especially children, are housed along the southern border.

In Tucson, an ongoing lawsuit claims holding cells are filthy, extremely cold and lacking basic necessities such as blankets. A judge overseeing that lawsuit has ordered the agency's Tucson Sector, which patrols much of the Arizona-Mexico border, to provide blankets and mats to sleep on and to continually turn over surveillance footage from inside the cells.

In July, a federal judge went a step further, ordering the Trump administration to transfer all undocumented immigrant minors out of the Shiloh Residential Treatment Center in Manvel, Texas, due to allegations of abuse, overmedication and the use of unapproved psychotropic drugs on the children.

Those troubles come as the number of minors crossing into the U.S has skyrocketed in recent years.

The overall level of illegal immigration remains at historic lows, with the overall number of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. — about 10.7 million — falling to 12-year lows in 2016. But the nature of migration to the U.S. has changed dramatically, with more unaccompanied minors and family units crossing the border and requesting asylum.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
How is it anyone's fault in the US that this girl died as a direct result of what appears to be a severe illness she clearly was suffering from before her illegal entry into the country?

Additionally, it should raise the larger concern that the illegal invaders can potentially carry in dangerous pathogens unchecked.

The improved wall system cannot come soon enough.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One of the functions of Ellis Island was incarceration of immigrants in a hospital if they were carrying a disease. Back then, many places in Europe (where most immigrants came from) did not have good sanitation and disease was common; the same conditions exist in much of Latin America today, and we need to be able to contain potential epidemics.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So according to Fox News another child died, and of course it's Trump's (and our) fault as well. An 8-year-old boy made it across, showed symptoms of a cold and flu, taken by USBP to a hospital. Held for observation and released, brought back the next day and dies.

I wonder what disease he caught and brought into the US that our doctors couldn't find or diagnose?

It's sad that he died, but more concerning is what these people are bringing with them in their lungs and livers.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's one of the jokers in the deck. Diseases pop up out of nowhere, and those that are known continuously mutate. Substances in a relatively unregulated environment create illnesses that may not be predictable or identifiable. Either way we have to worry about diseases being brought across the border, and either way US doctors working with ICE may be confronted with sicknesses that, as a practical matter, they're not equipped to spot, diagnose or treat.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason to build a wall, and do it soon. These invaders are potentially bringing in serious contagious diseases that go untreated in their shithole countries to the point of epidemic.

Trump needs to trot out the lefts videos decrying illegal immigration from years back and run them non-stop in every conceivable venue. When the fake news media refuses to run the stories, run that and demand to know why they are lying to the American people. Call them liars outright non-stop.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing a problem here. I predict the Dems will be all over the news tomorrow condemning Trump for this.

...while remaining silent about the LEO who was murdered by an illegal.

One of the better comments: Correct headline -- US Immigration agents use tear gas on foreign nationals attempting to invade US.

Complete article:

https://www.sandiegouniontribu...-20190101-story.html

150 migrants rush U.S. border, are met with tear gas from agents who say they were throwing rocks

by Wendy Fry Contact Reporter
Jan 1, 2019 1PM

A group of about 150 migrants attempted to breach a San Diego border fence on New Year’s, and some began throwing rocks at responding U.S. border agents who deployed pepper spray and tear gas on the crowd, authorities said.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said the group was attempting to climb over and under the San Diego border fence. When agents and officers responded, about 45 migrants turned back to Mexico, according to the agency.

Some migrants began throwing rocks over the fence at agents and officers, according to the agency.

“Several teenagers, wrapped in heavy jackets, blankets and rubber mats were put over the concertina wire. Border Patrol agents witnessed members of the group attempting to lift toddler-sized children up and over the concertina wire and (have) difficulty accomplishing the task in a safe manner,” a news release from U.S. authorities states.

The news release does not say what time the incident occurred, and a follow-up question was not immediately answered. Migrants interviewed in Tijuana said the incident occurred around 2 a.m. on Tuesday.

The Customs and Border Protection release said agents and officers deployed smoke, pepper spray and CS gas to address the rock throwers, who they said were assaulting border agents and also risking the safety of migrants who had already made it onto the U.S. side.

The gases caused people to stop throwing rocks and flee, CBP said.

The agency apprehended 25 people, including two minors, the release said.

“I don’t like that type of violence of people throwing rocks,” said Silvio Sierra of Honduras, one of the migrants who approached the border and turned back amid the gas. “We don’t like that type of violence of throwing rocks. The majority of people came in peace. Our intent was to walk up peacefully.”

Regarding the tear gas, he said, “It was very strong. It was everywhere. People were crying. Women and children too. The gas was everywhere.”

Several migrants from the group that rushed the border said they have been growing frustrated in recent weeks waiting in El Barretal shelter with conflicting and shifting information about how the U.S. immigration process is supposed to work. They said the majority in the group planned to peacefully approach U.S. immigration authorities at the border and “throw themselves at their mercy.”

Such a rush of the border has been discussed for several days. Plans to make the effort on Christmas Eve did not materialize.

“The thing about it is, you don’t want to be illegal but you are already illegal,” Sierra said. “So they tell you to take a number. You ask for a number and wait in line for an opportunity. But there’s so many people in line, you aren’t getting through. If you walk up and ask for asylum, they say you are in the wrong place. You tell me what are we supposed to do?”

Jose Alexander of El Salvador said he headed to the border with his four-year-old son and witnessed the tear gas fired across the border. He said he didn’t see anyone throwing rocks, a sentiment echoed by many migrants interviewed on Tuesday.

“My son is still scared today,” Alexander said. “We were a little farther back in the group. As soon as I heard the first shot, I scooped him up and ran back. He was really scared.”

Authorities also used tear gas on Nov. 25 during a similar rush on the border. Although some women and children said they were affected by the gas, officials said it was only targeted at rock-throwers in that instance as well. President Donald Trump said at the time it was "a very minor form of the tear gas itself" that he assured was "very safe."

The migrants from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador have come to seek asylum from violence and other unrest in their native countries. They set out on foot in October, and eventually used buses and other means to arrive in Tijuana, awaiting U.S. processing. Their presence has been portrayed as an invasion by Trump and and a human rights crisis by others. They have been routed from one shelter to another, and many have decided to return to their homelands or stay in Mexico, where new President Andrés Manuel López Obrador is more welcoming than Trump.

U.S. authorities are not the only ones who have used tear gas on the Central America migrants. Two suspects tossed tear gas canisters into the El Barretal shelter as migrants were settling into bed on Dec. 18.

Juan Carlos Caballero Jones said he participated in Tuesday’s rush on the border. He said he made it past the border fence and hid in the brush as agents searched nearby.

“When they passed me, I moved another inch or so, and then I stayed still,” he said. “They walked right past me but didn’t find me.”

He said he hid in silence holding his breath for 5 minutes.

Eventually, Caballero was discovered by the lights from an overhead helicopter, he said.

“I was just starting to think I was free.”

He said he was the only one caught in the spotlight of the helicopter and unsure if the agents were going to use some type of force to stop him.

“I was so nervous my whole body was shaking,” he said.

He said agents from the ground returned, and took him into custody and walked him back into the Mexico side.

“I was so close,” he sighed. “But I am going to try again on another day.”

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
took him into custody and walked him back into the Mexico side.

This should be the norm. When these people are not automatically afforded sanctuary because their feet touch US soil, they’ll not try so hard to get past barriers. The next phase is to rigorously enforce NO FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for any person of any age that has not legally entered. ANY person of any age discovered in country that has not gone through the process gets deported immediately. Immediately. No more catch and release, and no more ignored court dates.

posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Bring it on Mr. President.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...an-starts-next-week/

In much the way last year’s Central American caravan originated, a flier is circulating on Honduran social media. “We’re looking for refuge,” it says. “In Honduras, we are being killed.” It advertises a 5 a.m. departure on Jan. 15 from the northern city of San Pedro Sula.

“We don’t know how many people this will be, but it’s a lot,” said Walter Coello, a taxi driver from Tegucigalpa, the Honduran capital, who helped organize the last caravan and is playing a similar role once again. “With this caravan, the goal is to give them a chance to work and have a better life, be it in Mexico or the United States.”

Mexican officials responded by saying they will register the migrants as they head north to the United States.

If the caravan departs mid-January, it is expected to arrive at the California border in early February.

The caravan’s participants recognize that a U.S. border wall cannot stop their progress. Pro-migration U.S. lawyers have widely explained that the U.S. asylum laws allow economic migrants to file an asylum claim once they step on one square foot of U.S. soil, such as the U.S. half of the Rio Grande river. Once the claim is filed, most migrants are released into the United States to take jobs. Few migrants actually win asylum, but few are deported.

Democrats are blocking any changes to the asylum laws or the related catch-and-release rules. They also oppose the deportation of migrants who are denied asylum.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Migrant caravan number (four, five?) on its way. Currently numbered at 2,000, but expected to swell to 4,000. Racist Mexicans not happy with the thought of another invasion lash out at the boarder crashers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well, the election is over. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years have come and gone.

Are they here yet?

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Well, the election is over. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years have come and gone.

Are they here yet?

Yes, hundreds of, if not thousands of them are here. Here's a few month old article on the numbers. Based on those numbers some are getting to the front of the line for daily asylum requests, and a great number of them have already snuck across and gotten into the country or immediately surrendered and asked for asylum. Those requesting asylum are released into the country until hearings years later to which they hardly show up for.

The caravan is not only at the border, but a small percentage is already here in the US. That percentage will grow every so slightly, every single day for the foreseeable future.

Don't fret too much, the caravan folks are only but a fraction of those crossing our boarder illegally, overstaying visas, no showing for immigration hearings, and taking advantage of our generosity. As a percentage they are very small. Hope that makes you feel slightly better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post