SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I give you grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum. Torville and Dean on the ice, 1984.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I give you grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum. Torville and Dean on the ice, 1984. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
At the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean won gold in ice dancing.

They earned twelve perfect 6.0s and six 5.9s, including artistic impression scores of 6.0 from every judge, becoming the highest scoring figure skaters of all time for a single programme.

From time to time when the state of world makes me depressed, I watch their performance, and marvel at the grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum.

What can I say, I'm a nerd.

And in their practice session.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That was wonderful.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten how great their performance was.....thanx for reminding me. I, also, enjoy ice dancing and ice skating routines. Some of these folks are pure magic on the ice. I could not care less for the "stick and ball" sports.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for posting that

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post