SIGforum
I give you grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum. Torville and Dean on the ice, 1984.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8580000834

February 20, 2018, 11:48 AM
Sig2340
I give you grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum. Torville and Dean on the ice, 1984.
At the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean won gold in ice dancing.

They earned twelve perfect 6.0s and six 5.9s, including artistic impression scores of 6.0 from every judge, becoming the highest scoring figure skaters of all time for a single programme.

From time to time when the state of world makes me depressed, I watch their performance, and marvel at the grace, style, and the conservation of angular momentum.

What can I say, I'm a nerd.

And in their practice session.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
February 20, 2018, 12:13 PM
pony220
Thank you. That was wonderful.
February 20, 2018, 12:16 PM
GT-40DOC
I had forgotten how great their performance was.....thanx for reminding me. I, also, enjoy ice dancing and ice skating routines. Some of these folks are pure magic on the ice. I could not care less for the "stick and ball" sports.
February 21, 2018, 04:49 AM
cincinnatijim
Wow! Thanks for posting that

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand