SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the democrats did us all a huge favor last night

they showed us on live tv that they are nothing more than a bunch of self-absorbed American hating bastards sucking a paycheck from hard working Americans whom they loathe.

Unfortunately, the ones that needed to see the childish behavior of the Dem's probably weren't watching the speech.

I really don't enjoy SOTU addresses, but last nigh the Democratic sourpusses were the highlight. One question: were Joe Manchin's sideways looks to see whether he could stand up and applaud, merely childish or purely craven?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Manchin, how is his reelection looking? I hope that gun grabber gets defeated.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dems

My sources confirm that they were there mainly for the post-SOTU KFC chicken tenders buffet.

It's like a time-share presentation thing.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the SOTU address last night, and actually stood up and clapped at the conclusion of Pres. Trump's speech. It was powerful, heart wrenching, pointed in the correct direction, and personal to DJT, and the American people. The right speech at the right time in this Nation. The Demos looked like spoiled children.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Earlier we heard that the FBI had looked at the FISA memo and “could not point to any factual inaccuracies”

Now today the FBI has “grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

We went from “no inaccuracies” to “material omissions”.

President Trump should get FBI Dir Wray, Nunes, and Gowdy in his office and hash this out.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just let the FBI and whomever voice their concerns and President Trump is going to try to address their concerns by having the memo examined in great detail, but the end result will be the same. Think about it- what difference does it make if the memo is released today, or two weeks from now?

It's going to be released. Patience is in order right now. It's going to be great when it's finally released.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
FBI Dir Wray

Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to throw the below-top echelon Bureau under the bus.

No need for that, it's already tainted enough. And apparently more when the memo comes out.

Guess we can call it trickle-down "corporate" politics.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Last night Hannity had Donald trump Jr. on to discuss the SOTU. He had a lot of good and insightful comments, but he did discuss specifically some interactions he had with several FBI agents while at the SHOT Show. I'm not sure of the specific time spot, but here's the whole interview.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...s-reaction-democrats

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It's disgusting that the FBI cares more about it's reputation than about the truth.

Sad part is their reputation is already shot, the memo won't change that.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I am rejoicing in this time. Despite the political elite putting a target on Trump's back, attacking all of us, and illegally obstructing and misleading the country, we are stronger now than ever. Even the liberals I deal with can't deny that things have improved drastically in one little year. Obummer has been exposed to even the most ignorant people. Trump is the leader we have wanted and needed desperately.

Let the Demoturds and FBI dick around with the memo. That is all the more opportunity for it to hit harder. Embrace all of the winning. I thank God daily for putting his hand on America and Trump.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I am rejoicing in this time. Despite the political elite putting a target on Trump's back, attacking all of us, and illegally obstructing and misleading the country, we are stronger now than ever. Even the liberals I deal with can't deny that things have improved drastically in one little year. Obummer has been exposed to even the most ignorant people. Trump is the leader we have wanted and needed desperately.

Let the Demoturds and FBI dick around with the memo. That is all the more opportunity for it to hit harder. Embrace all of the winning. I thank God daily for putting his hand on America and Trump.

The importance of the FISA issue is that we need to be sure that the laws and procedures are appropriate to prevent the use of the enormous power we authorize for good and proper purposes cannot be misused for improper purposes, like appropriation by one group to seize power in derogation of our democratic repiblican principles.

It appears that while we placed great comfidence in the skill, patriotism and integrity of the FBI, some found cracks in the organization, those who betrayed the trust, to subvert the safeguards and process.

We need to know and restore reliability and confidence to the process, or end it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Very true....His net worth is also 41 times that of the average Congress Critter, which is really saying something...and the truth is he did nothing to earn it other than being a member of the Lucky Sperm Club.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
There’s a wide chasm between how Democrats perceive the Kennedys and the actual truth, and it’s not petty to keep pointing out that gap. There’s a stack of evidence showing that a lot of the Kennedys were horrible, selfish, abusive people who were somehow stage-managed and airbrushed into secular saints. The list of scandals runs generations, from lobotomizing Rosemary Kennedy, to JFK making Jackie get electroshock treatments, to the multiple allegations against William Kennedy Smith, to Patrick Kennedy driving under the influence. And of course, Chappaquiddick.

By Kennedy standards, Congressman Joe Kennedy III is an accomplished 37-year-old: Stanford and Harvard Law, two years in the Peace Corps, several years as an assistant district attorney. Defying his family stereotype, he doesn’t drink. But let’s not kid ourselves; if his name was Joe Smith and his family wasn’t an icon in American politics, he would have had a much tougher time winning a Democratic Congressional primary in Massachusetts at age 32.

That’s why there’s a good reason to cringe when Joe Kennedy III, grandson of Bobby Kennedy and great-nephew of John F. Kennedy and Ted Kennedy, stands before the nation giving the Democratic response to the State of the Union Address and laments “a system forcefully rigged towards those at the top.”

Last night, the congressman contended, “The [administration’s] record is a rebuke to our highest American ideal, the belief that we are all worthy, that we are all equal, that we all count, in the eyes of our law and our leaders, our God and our government.”

The Kennedy family spent the better part of two generations fighting for equality in the eyes of the law for everyone not named Kennedy. As a review of the forthcoming film Chappaquiddick declared, “The fact that the Kennedy family — the original postwar dynasty of the one percent — possessed, and exerted, the influence to squash the case is the essence of what Chappaquiddick means. The Kennedys lived outside the law.”

Let us also acknowledge that when someone from a clan that has been touted as “America’s Royal Family” since at least 1962 sings the praises for equality… it rings hollow.

Joe Kennedy III may be an absolute gentleman with women and I hope he is. But when he salutes America’s women for “bravely saying, ‘me too,’” some of us can only think of John F. Kennedy bedding 19-year-old White House interns and Ted Kennedy making a “waitress sandwich” with Chris Dodd. For a long time, the Kennedy men embodied everything that #MeToo opposes. Some people may object to this point, declaring it unfair to hold past generations’ sins against the Congressman. Of course, if his name was Smith or Jones, would he be giving the response to the State of the Union? Last night Democrats wanted to cash in on the benefits of the family legacy without acknowledging the dark side of that legacy.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/...ing-about-his-family

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Last night Hannity had Donald trump Jr. on to discuss the SOTU. He had a lot of good and insightful comments, but he did discuss specifically some interactions he had with several FBI agents while at the SHOT Show. I'm not sure of the specific time spot, but here's the whole interview.

Thanks for posting this. Well worth the time to watch. DT Jr. is a great spokesman for his father and might make a good successor to him in 7 yrs.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
DT Jr. ...might make a good successor to him in 7 yrs.

Jim

Ugh. Come on. Let's stay in reality here.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump praised American Exceptionalism and what's possible if we try. He then held out his hand and asked- Let's Try?

The FBI / Justice Department / Memo- The charges cut to the very heart and soul of America and the Republic doesn't exist as we know it if they tried to do what they tried to do.

This came to mind "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

Thanks for posting this. Well worth the time to watch. DT Jr. is a great spokesman for his father and might make a good successor to him in 7 yrs.

Jim

Why even entertain the idea of democratic royalty? Seriously, family legacies in politics is a poison that needs to end. What demonstrates elitism more than a family maintinaing such high political influence simply because of their blood?

Beyond frustrating.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What in Heaven's name are you talking about?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The House Intel Committee transcript of Monday is out.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings...nscript-20180129.pdf