SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
While the U.S. manufacturing industry expands at a robust clip, GE Appliances, a Haier company, continues to place big bets on—and make major investments in—manufacturing operations in the United States.

So far in 2018, GE Appliances has made a series of investments in the U.S. totaling $275 million. The company invested $150 million to open four new distribution centers across the United States, which will support 220 new jobs...

On Monday, GE Appliances unveiled their biggest move yet, announcing a...new $200 million investment in its Kentucky dishwasher and laundry manufacturing operations that will support up to 400 new manufacturing jobs and help the company meet increasing consumer demand.

The changes in rates and favorable tax treatment of investments in machinery and equipment play a big role in our expansion plans,” Kevin Nolan, president and chief executive officer for GE Appliances, said Monday morning in the announcement of the investment.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-tax-reform-n2524389

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So like many here, I don't have a twitter account, but I'd like to be able to follow what President Trump puts out. I found his tweets but holy christ, about 95% of the comments to his tweets are commie trolls. It was intolerable.

But then I found this app. I knew there had to be one. Great app for following President Trump's tweets and nothing else. Love it. Pure Trump. Perfect.

https://play.google.com/store/...ckmobile.trumptweets

Cool. Thank you sir. Wink

Outstanding - thank you.

Yes sir, that's a BIG THANK YOU. Cool

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This is from CNN

"(CNN)Donald Trump may have never had a better time being President.

Only a re-election party on the night of November 3, 2020, could possibly offer the same vindication for America's most unconventional commander in chief as the 36 hours in which two foundational strands of his political career are combining in a sudden burst of history.
Trump will become an undeniably consequential President with the Senate due to vote Saturday to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, consecrating the conservative majority that has long been the impossible dream of the GOP.
On Friday, Trump had celebrated the best jobs data for 49 years as the unemployment rate dipped to 3.7%, offering more proof of a vibrant economy that the President says has been unshackled by his tax-reduction program and scything cuts to business regulations.
While his 2016 election campaign was most notable for swirling chaos and shattered norms, Trump's vows to nominate conservative judges to the Supreme Court and to fire up the economy were the glue for his winning coalition.
The struggle to confirm Kavanaugh split the country, deepened mistrust festering between rival lawmakers and threatens to further drag the Supreme Court into Washington's poisoned political stew. But Trump stuck with it and ground out a win."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06...t-economy/index.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That CNN article is something that would have shown up on The Onion as a 'what if' parody article, had Hillary Clinton become POTUS.

Donald Trump's election reinforces my belief in Multiverse theory.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The American Economy Added Just 134,000 Jobs in September, Unemployment Drops to Lowest Level Since 1969

The U.S. economy added just 134,000 jobs in September and the jobless rate fell to 3.7 percent, once again hitting a low level not seen since 1969.
Despite fears that trade disputes and rising tariffs could weigh on the economy, hiring continues to grow. On Thursday, the government reported that new unemployment claims fell more than expected to 207,000.

Economists had predicted the economy would add 180,000 jobs and the unemployment rate would fall to 3.8 percent.

Average hourly earnings rose 2.8 percent compared with a year ago, in line with forecasts. The average workweek was unchanged at 34.5 hours.

September included hurricane Florence, which hit North Carolina and South Carolina hard. It’s likely that took a toll on jobs for the month.

Past months were revised upward, adding 80,000 jobs. August’s report went from 201,000 to 270,000. July’s jobs rose from an initial report of 147,000 to 165,000. The twelve-month average rose to 201,000 jobs from 190,000 before today’s report.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...0-jobs-in-september/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That CNN article is something that would have shown up on The Onion as a 'what if' parody article, had Hillary Clinton become POTUS.

Donald Trump's election reinforces my belief in Multiverse theory.

I hope there is at least one universe where that vile witch is rotting in prison.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we pause for a moment to consider what has transpired in the last seven days?

TRADE: Earlier this week, the Trump administration announced it had reached an agreement with both Mexico and Canada to revise and rebrand the North America Free Trade Agreement as the United States Mexico Canada Agreement. This announcement fulfills one of President Trump's key pledges on the campaign trail while benefiting constituencies in important states such as Michigan (autos) and Wisconsin and Minnesota (dairy). Trump also renegotiated the Korea Free Trade Agreement and has made progress with the Europeans as well as the Japanese.

ECONOMY: The Trump Bump continues, with Friday bringing news that unemployment has reached its lowest level since 1969. Consumer confidence is high, and data from the manufacturing and service sectors indicate continued growth. No president is responsible for the state of the American economy. But fiscal and regulatory policy help. And presidents take credit or receive blame in any event.

JUDGES: Susan Collins's announcement that she will vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh practically guarantees he will be seated on the Supreme Court in the coming days. Kavanaugh's elevation will secure a five-vote majority of originalist and textualist judges on the high court for the first time in modern memory. Such a transformation of the federal judiciary has been a goal of Republican presidents since Ronald Reagan. The fact that it will be Donald J. Trump who will cement this victory is no small feat. On the contrary, it may turn out to be his greatest and longest-lasting achievement.

FOREIGN POLICY: President Trump is slowly and steadily re-orienting U.S. foreign policy to face the central challenge of the twenty-first century: the rise of China to great power status. Beginning with the national security strategy released at the end of 2017, and continuing through today's announcement of a landmark review of the defense industrial base, Trump has accomplished the "pivot to Asia" that the Obama administration so often talked about. What the pivot looks like is a policy of containment—one that should have been pursued decades ago. Trump has made this move while sanctioning Russia, getting tough on Iran, ending the farcical Middle East "peace process," and attempting to defuse tensions on the Korean peninsula. Yes, his belief in personal diplomacy has led to missteps such as the Helsinki press conference and his overly florid treatment of Chairman Kim. These lapses should not disguise the fact that Trump is establishing facts on the ground that constrain the despots' freedom of action.

Trump has achieved all of these gains, in such disparate areas of policy, through totally unorthodox means. He brags, he intimidates, he pouts, he jokes, he insults, he is purposefully ambiguous, and he leaves no criticism unanswered. He is unlike any postwar American president, though he shares some qualities with LBJ and Reagan. He is frenetic and polarizing, a showboat and a salesman. His methods are over-the-top, combative, and divisive. In place of the politics of consensus he adopts the politics of confrontation. Where others mindlessly repeat politically correct clichés, Trump unequivocally challenges them. He has ushered in a new era of American politics by dissolving the varnish that for so long obscured fundamental cultural divisions between and within the parties. He is president of a country that is wilder, zanier, and more unpredictable than before. It is also stronger.

Donald Trump is putting the finishing touches on one of the most remarkable weeks of his presidency. For Republicans, it doesn't get much better than this.

- Matthew Coninetti
Washington Free Beacon
October 5, 2018

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Steven Hayward posts a weekly “The Week in Pictures” on powerlineblog.com. Today’s is probably his best ever, and has memes, cartoons, etc. related to TRUMP’S BEST WEEK EVER.

If you’re not a regular Powerline reader, this is a great place to start.

The Week in Pictures: Presidential Alert Edition

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today, evil was kept at bay and defeated.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Steven Hayward posts a weekly “The Week in Pictures” on powerlineblog.com. Today’s is probably his best ever, and has memes, cartoons, etc. related to TRUMP’S BEST WEEK EVER.

If you’re not a regular Powerline reader, this is a great place to start.

The Week in Pictures: Presidential Alert Edition

Fantastic!

This has to sting.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This has to sting.
I love this one.....two true scumballs!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sjtill

never heard of the link - thanks - good reading

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Breaking News:

The Kavanaugh Victory Party has already begun at the WH!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

The confirmation vote of the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not "Nomination", but "Confirmation"! The nomination occurred a long time back.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Space Force- it's where it's at.
You can even bring your kitty cat.
Well be up way up, beyond the stratosphere,
But the Democrats- let's leave them here.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Not "Nomination", but "Confirmation"! The nomination occurred a long time back.

flashguy

The question to be voted on today was “Shall the nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh of Maryland to be Associate Justice of the Supreme Court be confirmed?”

The Vice President announced the results in those terms.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
For clarity I added a line under the picture above. That screen capture was exactly from the CSPAN broadcast. As JALLEN noted, VP Pence announced the vote was the confirmation of the nomination

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I want to see video of leftists crying. Their tears of unfathomable sadness are delicious.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post