SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
President Trump is about ready to go Rorschach on the GDCs.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yay, Banshee One is here! Germany's most enthusiastic international cheerleader!

Deutschland Deutschland, yes we can!!

Unter allis!!!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
President Trump is about ready to go Rorschach on the GDCs.

The man is not breaking a sweat over the nomination. I agree with him that this extended investigation is a blessing in disguise, in other words it will not focus on Kavanaugh alone, but everyone caught in the vortex.

Yesterday's comments before his rally. I love his confidence- "I don't need a back up plan" Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=148&v=AYSCaKFOhn0

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Kanye fan, but what he did last night on SNL took guts. He wore a MAGA hat and went on a Pro-Trump rant in front of the audience with the entire cast behind him.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The new trade deal with Canada—and with Mexico are huge (to use the word the President is fond of). This is a big deal! “It’s the economy, stupid!” Right, James Carville, Dems?

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
This man, this Donald Trump, he, much like the founding fathers (in spirit and deed) is "giving us" a Great and United Republic, (Again).

May God grant us the wisdom to understand this, the faith to believe it, and the strength to grasp and hold it close as we would our offspring in a terrible flood.

And may God make that real to those who do not see it.

-MAGAmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just for fun, do a search for “tariffs American farmers.” You’ll find a list of opinion pieces from outlets like Reuters, USA Today, Yahoo, etc. on the “crippling tariffs” President Trump imposed on Canada and their negative impact on farmers. Among the only news outlets that recognized a long-term benefit to forcing Canada to renegotiate our trade agreement was FOX Business News. There’s a reason that everyone knows the old saying, “In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs.”

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yay, Banshee One is here! Germany's most enthusiastic international cheerleader!

Deutschland Deutschland, yes we can!!

Unter allis!!!
Did you mean "uber alles" or what that a deliberate misquote?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
I think he meant to say "unter allem", which would translate to "below everything" [in the world] in reversal of "über alles" [in der Welt]. Though as a non-German speaker, one might also suspect it was intended to mean "among allies", which would correctly be "unter Alliierten".

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The President was in fine form this morning

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 10/1/18

Description

Monday 10/1/18: Joe diGenova, DC Council Chairman Phil Mendelson, Stephen Moore, former FBI official Ron Hosko & Reihan Salam

Joe's segment starts at 07:15.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hell yeah!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So like many here, I don't have a twitter account, but I'd like to be able to follow what President Trump puts out. I found his tweets but holy christ, about 95% of the comments to his tweets are commie trolls. It was intolerable.

But then I found this app. I knew there had to be one. Great app for following President Trump's tweets and nothing else. Love it. Pure Trump. Perfect.

https://play.google.com/store/...ckmobile.trumptweets

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So like many here, I don't have a twitter account, but I'd like to be able to follow what President Trump puts out. I found his tweets but holy christ, about 95% of the comments to his tweets are commie trolls. It was intolerable.

But then I found this app. I knew there had to be one. Great app for following President Trump's tweets and nothing else. Love it. Pure Trump. Perfect.

Cool. Thank you sir. Wink

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Cool. Thank you sir. Wink

Outstanding - thank you.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I know there is a ricin thread about Sec Def Mattis, but this seems like it should be documented here also

Federal authorities said on Tuesday that they had intercepted multiple packages suspected of containing ricin , a lethal substance, addressed to President Trump and at least two top Pentagon officials.

In a statement on Tuesday night, the Secret Service said a “suspicious envelope” addressed to Mr. Trump was received at a facility outside the White House on Monday.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, referred all questions about the suspicious envelope to the Secret Service, which said it was “not received at the White House, nor did it ever enter the White House.”

A Defense Department official said the packages at the Pentagon mail facility were addressed to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Adm. John Richardson, the chief of naval operations. The official was not authorized to discuss sensitive details of the continuing investigation and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

A Pentagon spokesman, Col. Rob Manning, said the mail delivery facility is on the Pentagon grounds but not in the main building that houses the offices of the defense secretary.

Colonel Manning said all mail received at the screening facility on Monday was under quarantine.

Ricin, which is part of the waste produced when castor oil is made, has no known antidote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/1...-mail-poisoning.html

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWUnUtvPrXE