SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"embattled FBI lovers"

I could have gone my entire life without reading shit that stupid.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Comey told Brett Baire tonight that "to this day" he does not know that Clinton and the DNC funded the dossier. ??? Perkins Coie law firm put out a letter saying they did.

Comey said REPs starting funding Steele first. That is not true.

Comey said the memos he gave to his friend to give to the NYT were not leaks.

Comey said he didn't see any disparity in how the Clinton investigation was handled as compared to the Mueller investigation.

He said Strzok and Page criticized both Trump and Clinton. He said he can't understand the texts without knowing the context of the texts.

What a flaming liar this guy is.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Comey told Brett Baire tonight that "to this day" he does not know that Clinton and the DNC funded the dossier. ??? Perkins Coie law firm put out a letter saying they did.

Comey said REPs starting funding Steele first. That is not true.

Comey said the memos he gave to his friend to give to the NYT were not leaks.

Comey said he didn't see any disparity in how the Clinton investigation was handled as compared to the Mueller investigation.

He said Strzok and Page criticized both Trump and Clinton. He said he can't understand the texts without knowing the context of the texts.

What a flaming liar this guy is.

Well, to be accurate, Comey said he only knew from media reports. He didn’t know even that at the time, if I understood it right.

Baire did a fair job, I thought, for a news interview live. Wait until Comey gets on the stand.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I counted at least 3 times he denied leaking information, at the same time admitted he gave the information to be released publically.

Pretending that deliberately releasing the information & even employed his friend lawyer an unpaid agent rationalize his denial of leaking the stories.

Complete liar, and hope that he reaps what he sowed very soon.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
let him keep talking - simply more ammunition for his trial

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Let me take a moment in this thread to reflect on the debt of gratitude we owe Donald Trump. He is in his mid-seventies, incredibly rich. He could enjoy the golden years of his life in a way few of us can imagine, with every luxury at his fingertips, a life of ease and plenty.

Instead, he has waded into the swamp, and in less than half of his first term, accomplished great things-- not for himself, but for the country he loves. He has done this without the support of most of his party, and despite the active resistance of traitors in his own party. Daily he weathers personal attacks on himself and his family. The onslaught has been relentless since he announced his candidacy.

Had Hillary won, the totalitarians would now have a strangle hold on America, with their own secret police to crush dissent, and with every branch of the federal government-- IRS, ATF, EPA-- the whole vast bureaucratic machine-- acting as enforcement arms of their regime.

Is that some paranoid nightmare? No one who is paying attention can at this point think so.

God bless and protect President Donald Trump.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Let me take a moment in this thread to reflect on the debt of gratitude we owe Donald Trump. He is in his mid-seventies, incredibly rich. He could enjoy the golden years of his life in a way few of us can imagine, with every luxury at his fingertips, a life of ease and plenty.

Instead, he has waded into the swamp, and in less than half of his first term, accomplished great things-- not for himself, but for the country he loves. He has done this without the support of most of his party, and despite the active resistance of traitors in his own party. Daily he weathers personal attacks on himself and his family. The onslaught has been relentless since he announced his candidacy.

Had Hillary won, the totalitarians would now have a strangle hold on America, with their own secret police to crush dissent, and with every branch of the federal government-- IRS, ATF, EPA-- the whole vast bureaucratic machine-- acting as enforcement arms of their regime.

Is that some paranoid nightmare? No one who is paying attention can at this point think so.

Spot-on accurate.

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it is not. The wheels were/are in motion...

Trump might literally have been our last hope of avoiding the point of no return.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn right Joe. I wasn't a Trump supporter, he still annoys me with his short temper and seemingly childish outbursts. Even given that, I would thank him profusely if ever given the chance. He stopped Hillary; he's shedding light on the swamp/deep state; brought Kim Jung Un to the table; the United States is now respected abroad again; negotiating better trade deals; weakened ObamaCare; energized the party; and is giving the commie fucks in the media hell.

I thank God every day that he made the sacrifices to run.

If he had stopped Hillary that would have sufficed, Dayenu.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
he still annoys me with his short temper and seemingly childish outbursts

One of Lincoln't aides, after Grant's triumphs at Fort Henry and Fort Donelson, said, "Mr. President, it is said that he has a drinking problem."

Lincoln said, "Well, find out what he drinks and send a case to my other generals."

Big Grin

("rocket boy" crossed the DMZ into South Korea-- the first leader of NK to do so since the end of the Korean War.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:

One of Lincoln't aides, after Grant's triumphs at Fort Henry and Fort Donelson, said, "Mr. President, it is said that he has a drinking problem."

Lincoln said, "Well, find out what he drinks and send a case to my other generals."

I like another quote from Lincoln about Grant, and I think it easily applies to Trump. After the battle of Shiloh, which Grant almost lost on the first day but recovered and won although with tremendous casualties, many Northern politicians complained to Lincoln and tried to get him to replace Grant.

Lincoln said, "I can't spare this man; he fights."

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
quote:

I like another quote from Lincoln about Grant, and I think it easily applies to Trump. After the battle of Shiloh, which Grant almost lost on the first day but recovered and won although with tremendous casualties, many Northern politicians complained to Lincoln and tried to get him to replace Grant.

Lincoln said, "I can't spare this man; he fights."
Considering McClellan (Republicans in congress) it's quite fitting.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

No, it is not. The wheels were/are in motion...

Trump might literally have been our last hope of avoiding the point of no return.

Theres always on last option but it aint pretty. The founders on this nation were smart.

To quote jordan peterson - "when they got together and wrote the constitution they really thought about it, they said "how can someone fuck this up" and put in safety measures to protect against it."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deqlyn,

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The news is about Moon and Kim meting in Korea. A prediction: the Nobel Peace Prize goes to the and President Trump is ignored. The hate runs deep.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
“When did you learn that the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign had funded Christopher Steele’s work?” Baier asked.

“I still don’t know that for a fact,” Comey replied.

“What do you mean?” Baier said, genuinely confused for the first time in the interview.

“I’ve only seen it in the media. I never knew exactly which Democrats had funded it. I knew it was funded first by Republicans,” Comey said.

“But that’s not true,” Baier interjected.

“I’m sorry?” Comey said.

“That’s not true that the dossier that Christopher Steel worked on was funded by Republicans,” Baier said.

“My understanding was his work started, funded by, as oppo-research funded by Republicans,” Comey said.

At this point, Baier cut him off and tried to correct him. “So, Free Beacon said that they had Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS on a kind of a retainer but they did not fund the Christopher Steele memo or the dossier. That was initiated by Democrats.”

“Okay, my understanding was the activity was begun, that Steele was hired to look into was first funded by Republicans, then picked up, the important thing was, picked up by Democrats opposed to Donald Trump,” Comey said.

“So you still to this day don’t know that it was funded by the DNC or the Clinton campaign?” Baier asked.

“I’ve read that in the media but I don’t know for a fact and didn’t know while I was at the FBI who, which exact opponent of the President’s funded that.” Comey replied.

Needless to say, Comey is incorrect about this. Baier is correct that the Free Beacon funded some oppo-research on Trump through Fusion GPS, but Steele was not hired until after the Clinton campaign began funding that research and the Free Beacon had ceased its funding.

https://hotair.com/archives/20...nded-steele-dossier/

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
House Intel comm report out

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...committee-report.php

The House Intelligence Committee has just released its 130-page report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. While it finds Russian interference, it finds that President Trump did not collude with the Russians to promote his election. The report includes an introduction and overview, a summary of table of findings, and a summary table of recommendations.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
House Intel comm report out

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...committee-report.php

The House Intelligence Committee has just released its 130-page report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. While it finds Russian interference, it finds that President Trump did not collude with the Russians to promote his election. The report includes an introduction and overview, a summary of table of findings, and a summary table of recommendations.

The summary and mode of investigation was posted here on April 20 https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...110067044#6110067044

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This morning's WORLD CHANGING news discussions:

On conservative talk radio,

'after 65 YEARS, Korean War over, President Trump... '

On NPR,
" Cosby convicted, #metoo, #metoo, #metoo "

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was stuck at a tire shop this morning with MSNBC on and told me there was not a word of how North and South Korea are about to make history.

Nope, it was 24/7 Michael Cohen and how he's going to take this POTUS down.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post