SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
If you read the story, it is merely a lawyer’s advice to Trump. The possibility that a person may be untrustworthy? That is probably standard advice in every situation where another person’s future conduct bears on the situation.

Goldberg cites Sammy Gravano who turned on his mob family when facing decades of prison. Maybe, but I bet the news that Gotti had put a contract out on him may have influenced it.

Don’t put too much stock in these news reports. People seem more interested in media PR these days than truth, or maybe they find it easier to figure out.

I don't think it would matter much if he did flip, but the fact it has gotten to this point is insane to me. The fishing expedition where they searched his home, office, and hotel should never taken place. Rosenstein gave them a massive net and now they are trying to use what they found to turn him. It's ludicrous that this is being allowed to continue.

I was just explaining my thoughts and won't comment further to abide by Para's wishes.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
on the previous page is the ltr from REP House reps to Sessions, Wray, and Huber. It refers a number of individuals for investigation. One of them is Andrew McCabe.

Now a new report is out that Horowitz (DoJ IG) had already referred its finding that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators who were examining a media disclosure to the top federal prosecutor in D.C. to determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter.

It would appear the DoJ IG referral on McCabe was not trigged by the House ltr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.f72d56bb53e4

The referral to the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office occurred some time ago after the inspector general concluded McCabe had lied to investigators or his own boss, then-FBI Director James B. Comey, on four occasions, three of them under oath.

It was not immediately clear how the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office responded to the referral

as the House REPs ltr stated, Mueller has been charging people w lying to the FBI. So why shouldn't McCabe be charged also?

Michael Flynn was charged w lying even after James Comey said the interviewers didn't think he lied.

There is also the comparison to the Clinton investigation where immunity was handed out like candy and co-conspirators were granted client-attorney privilege. The contrast between the former Clinton investigation and the Mueller crusade is very glaring.

from the WaPo article:

Comey's book

Comey wrote that as he weighed whether to charge Martha Stewart with such an offense in the early 2000s, he asked his deputy how many people in the U.S. had been indicted on charges of lying to federal investigators in the previous year. The deputy told him the answer was 2,000. Comey wrote that he told his staff to indict Stewart.

People must fear the consequences of lying in the justice system or the system can’t work ,” he wrote.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
The contrast between the former Clinton investigation and the Mueller crusade is very glaring.

Mueller is committed to trying to bring down Trump. NO ONE in the Clinton investigation had any interest in bringing Hillary down.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many sources reporting today that Rosenstein told Trump last week that Trump is not a target of any part of the Mueller investigation. I don't believe it for a second. Rosenstein is a known liar and weasel who is just trying to save his job for a little while longer.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
From FOX...

Rosenstein tells Trump he is not a target of Cohen investigation

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Trump last week that the President is not a target in the Cohen investigation, and that the investigation focused solely on Cohen, a source familiar with the investigation told Fox News.

President Trump already has been told he is not a target of the Mueller investigation, according to previous reports.

The source also said the Cohen investigation, together with the abrupt departure of John Dowd from Trump's legal team, slowed, but did not halt talks about Trump sitting down for an interview with Mueller.

Separately, President Trump’s in-house counsel Ty Cobb said that no firings are currently under consideration, including Rosenstein or Mueller.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...n-investigation.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The contrast between the former Clinton investigation and the Mueller crusade is very glaring.

Like Page telling Strzok to tread lightly since hillary might be his next boss?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The Department of Justice is expected to turn over to Congress Thursday memos written by former FBI director James Comey detailing his conversations with President Donald Trump, according to multiple reports.

The memos, which are reportedly central to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible obstruction of justice on the part of Trump, are finally being released after House Republicans threatened to subpoena Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein if he continued to be unresponsive to the Judiciary Committee’s requests.

One of the seven memos allegedly pertains to a conversation in which Comey claims Trump asked him to prematurely conclude an investigation into former national security advisor Michael Flynn. Comey described the conversation in his testimony before Congress soon after his firing, prompting speculation that Trump’s request might constitute obstruction of justice.

Trump himself joined House Republicans’ calls for the Justice Department to hand over the memos, leading some Democratic lawmakers and other Trump critics to worry the president would use Rosenstein’s lack of cooperation as a pretext for firing him and prematurely end the Mueller investigation.

House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte demanded Rosenstein release the files by Monday in a Friday letter.

“There is no legal basis for withholding these materials from Congress,” Goodlatte wrote in the letter, which was cosigned by House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes (R., Calif.) and Oversight Committee chairman Trey Gowdy (R., S.C.).

In a reply Monday, Rosenstein asked for more time, emphasized that certain congressmen had already been granted access to the memos, and warned that some information may be redacted before he turned them over.

“One or more of the memos may relate to an ongoing investigation, may contain classified information, and may report confidential Presidential communications,” Rosenstein wrote. “So we have a legal duty to evaluate the consequences of providing access to them.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the seven memos allegedly pertains to a conversation in which Comey claims Trump asked him to prematurely conclude an investigation into former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

Comey testified under oath that he had never been asked to do that in his career.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For crying out loud, just stick them in a plain brown envelope and mail them to the New York Times like everyone else does!

Or how about send an FBI squad over to that professor friend of Comey at 5:30 in the morning with guns drawn. I bet that would get them out pretty quick.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Rudy Giuliani Joining Trump’s Legal Team ‘For the Good of the Country’

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is joining President Donald Trump’s personal legal team to help with Special Counsel Bob Mueller’s probe into potential Russian meddling in the 2016 election, The Washington Post reported and The Daily Beast has confirmed.

Though talks had been ongoing, a formal announcement was delayed by a slew of foreign policy matters that took over much of the president’s time and agenda. A source familiar with the arrangement said that Trump had been preoccupied by North Korea and Syria, which limited his availability to speak with potential new members of his legal team.

Giuliani told the Post that he was joining the team “because I hope we can negotiate an end to this for the good of the country and because I have high regard for the president and for Bob Mueller.” He had not responded to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

In a separate statement, the president echoed Giuliani’s own words: “Rudy is great. He has been my friend for a long time and wants to get this matter quickly resolved for the good of the country.”

Trump has had notable difficulties in recruiting new lawyers. And in the former New York City Mayor, he has brought on board a close ally with strong roots in the legal world.

Giuliani served as the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York during the 1980s. But his past several decades have been spent predominantly in politics. During the 2016 election, Giuliani campaigned with Trump and gave an impassioned speech in favor of Trump at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

“What I did for New York City, Donald Trump will do for America,” he said at the convention. “I have known Donald Trump for almost 30 years. And he has created and accomplished great things. But beyond that this is a man with a big heart. Every time New York City suffered a tragedy, Donald Trump was there to help.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...in-trumps-legal-team

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
statement from McCabe lawyer about the DoJ IG referral to consider prosecuting McCabe:

"We were advised of the referral within the past few weeks. Although we believe the referral is unjustified, the standard for an IG referral is very low,"

"We have already met with staff members from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We are confident that, unless there is inappropriate pressure from high levels of the Administration, the U.S. Attorney’s Office will conclude that it should decline to prosecute."

note the US Attorney to decide whether to prosecute is not Huber.

The U.S. Attorney for Washington D.C., who will ultimately decide if McCabe should be prosecuted for lying under oath multiple times to FBI agents and inspector general investigators, is Jessie Liu

Jessie K. Liu was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on September 14, 2017, as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, and took office on September 24, 2017.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...be-responds-n2472677

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Whats amazing is we are on the path of ending the korean war which trump handled in less than 2 years and no one is saying shit about.

it dont get enough clicks I guess to be on the homepage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...ea-south-treaty.html

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Don’t have link, but have read that the biggest hang-up for Li’l Kim to denuclearizing is what Hillary and Obama did to Ghadaffi—-lot of good his giving up his nukes did him!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Comey memos out

https://assets.documentcloud.o...es-Comey-s-memos.pdf

Good grief. This is all good for Donald Trump.

Donald Trump kept questioning about Andrew McCabe. Comey kept saying what a great guy McCabe was.

Donald Trump said if there was some satellite of his campaign that did something, it would be good to find that out. Trump said he had not done anything and hoped Comey could find a way to get out that the FBI wasn't investigating him.

Trey Gowdy said a few weeks ago that he had seen the Comey memos and that they would help the President. Gowdy was right.

Why did they fight so hard to not release these ?
Because they make Donald Trump look like an innocent and reasonable person ?

Comey is a total ass.

picture uploading

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
This should be great news and vindication for Trump! I looked to see how it was being reported in the swamp news...and..

CNN, of course, has managed to find some "other" news in the memos....imagine that. Fucking swamp rats.

Comey memos detail Trump's comments on Russia, reservations about Flynn

In his memos documenting conversations with President Donald Trump, former FBI Director James Comey recounts Trump's "serious reservations" about then-national security adviser Michael Flynn as well as the President's concerns about media leaks and a statement that Russian President Vladimir Putin told Trump he had the "most beautiful hookers in the world."

The Comey memos provided to Congress on Thursday and obtained by CNN include documentation of seven conversations he had with Trump from January 7, 2017, through April 11, 2017. Four of the notes were classified and have been partially redacted, and three of them are unclassified.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19...mey-memos/index.html

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so how soon can we the people start an investigation into Mueller?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53181 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
earlier today (before the Comey memos came out),

The top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee (Jerold Nadler) said this:

the memos are "key" to the special counsel's work , and "pursuant to a longstanding Department policy and absent any satisfactory accommodation, the Department of Justice cannot simply hand over evidence that is part of an ongoing criminal investigation."

what a joke

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’ve read through them twice now and listened to some of the chatter on Fox News.

One question is why was there so much resistance to releasing these to Congress?

Where was the obstruction of any investigation? Any suggestion that Comey was being told to do anything, stop, go forward, etc.

Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I think they didn't want this out because they wanted Trump to sit down with Mueller and hopefully perjure himself. They found no collusion, and with these memos, the obstruction of justice goes out the window. Trump wins again.

I would tell Mueller to pound sand on a sit down.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Reading through Comey's memos I concluded.
1. Comey is a weasel.
2. Trump had concerns about McCabe being above politics.
3. Trump wanted Comey to investigate and get this Russian thing put to rest.
4. Trump believed the Russian cloud was preventing him from making deals and moving the Country forward.
5. Comey is a weasel.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post