SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Barcelona - Dual Terror Attacks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barcelona - Dual Terror Attacks Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
With the 2nd attack just hours after the first, this was obviously more than an uncoordinated "lone wolf" and so I am going to start the thread.

Daily Mail is often described as a toy store, fun place to visit from time-to-time.

But when it comes to serious stuff, their access to pics and video is impressive.

This article does a pretty good job of breaking down both attacks.

Barcelona Attacks - A recap

ETA - Subject edited for clarity

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any moderate Muslims condemn this, yet?
Silence tells me, I need to paint with a broad brush. Come one, come all.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling seriously under gunned recently, with my daily carry, with all this crap going on.

So the first attack, 13 dead and 50+ injured, was quickly followed by the bomb factory exploding.
This was followed by a second attack at a beach resort, 60(?) miles from Barcelona.
The second attack was quickly stopped by police intervention.

The scum had tried to rent larger trucks, for a VBIED, but did not have the correct permits, and had to settle for panel vans.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
I'm feeling seriously under gunned recently, with my daily carry, with all this crap going on.

As an individual, our defensive measures against this type of attack are pretty much limited to avoidance and luck.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A shipmate of mine was in Barcelona earlier in the year and took this pic of what I believe is the City Hall building.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Super genius Wolf Blitzer said it may be a copycat attack after Charlottesville. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Super genius Wolf Blitzer said it may be a copycat attack after Charlottesville. Roll Eyes

You have to be kidding me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Please, please tell me he didn't actually say that.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Please, please tell me he didn't actually say that.

I wish it was a joke.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08...arlottesville-video/

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's incredible.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's just as Einstein said- human stupidity knows no limits.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

CNNs way of trying to try President Trump to these terrorists attacks. Revolting and pathetic folks at that network.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Anyone who can't see through that shit is a lost cause anyway.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
CNN also added Charlottesville to the list of European vehicle attacks....

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
No such thing as a lone wolf jihadi.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
And today, in Finland....

BREAKING: Multiple people injured and one feared dead after man armed with knives goes on rampage in Finland before being shot and arrested

Multiple attackers armed with knives have been shot by armed police after going on a rampage, it has been reported.
33 comments
1 video
2.3k shares

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
CNN idiots aside, I've found that the Daily Mail usually does a very good job with the graphics and summaries of events. Thanks for the link in the OP.

These types of attacks will always be difficult to defend. Engineering controls such as barriers or bollards that keep vehicle traffic away from pedestrian plazas is an obvious solution, but they are not practical in mixed-use areas.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

BREAKING: Multiple people injured...

Link to the story?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

BREAKING: Multiple people injured...

Link to the story?

Drudge. He has everything.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post