SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robot Vacuum?? Wife wants one.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robot Vacuum?? Wife wants one. Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Wife wants a robo vacuum for down stairs. It's a 50/50 mixture of hardwoods and regular carpet. We do have 2x rottweilers that shed regularly. She wants something to just help with maintenance between firing up the Dyson.

This one seemed to have decent reviews on Amazon: ECOVACS DEEBOT N79

Any suggestion? Trying to stay $300 +/-.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Just make sure it can support a cat in a shark suit chasing a duck.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I have Deebot and it works really well on hardwood floors, which is my whole house except for some area rugs. If the rugs are low pile, it will travel over them fine. If they are thick, it will get hung up.

You can't run it for 5 minutes and expect good results. In most rooms it needs to run 20 mins to a half hour to do a good job.

I'm satisfied with mine, all in all.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
We bought a Eufy about three weeks ago and are quite pleased with it. We have just under 1900 s.f. of tile on one level with a couple of low pile area rugs and no pets. Its fairly quiet without all the connectivity options of some more expensive units. Run time has been about two hours and seems to cover all areas well. We just turn it on when we're leaving for a couple of hours, then empty the bin when we get home. SWMBO is happy so I'm happy too.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Who would have thought we needed to make a sticky for this in a gun forum? Wink

June

August

November

Tin Foil

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I will never again not have a robot vacuum. It's a lifesaver.

Ok maybe not a lifesaver but it certainly makes my house cleaner.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Had to go look up "low pile carpet". Looks like we have "high pile carpet" in the areas that there are carpet. So I guess I need something with the equivalent of robot vacuum 4x4 drive!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
iRobot Roombas work well, we've had one that I got refurb from Woot, you can get them at Costco, Amazon etc, can't say as to the efficiency of others but the Roombas done well, we have all hardwood and tile with area rugs, Persian with tassels on some, it traverses the height differences easily.

The only issue I have with it is the damn thing runs low on power where I can't hear it say "please charge Roomba" dies and then I have to hunt it down.

Generally it runs out of power under the bed in the center other than that it does a good job of picking up lint, dust, dog hair, so much so that the wife noticed it wasn't running for a couple of weeks since she trapped it in the guest bedroom where it's base sits by closing the door to hide santas gifts from the grand kids.

Needless to say the guest room is spotless.. Big Grin

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The ilife is great twin rotary brushes and a center roller brush.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife a Roomba for Christmas last year. That decision was a little dicey, you know give the woman you lover a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. She absolutely loves it. She'll just turn it on a couple of days a week before she goes to work. No vacuuming for just about a year now.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I'd love to get one to pick up the hair from my two akitas. but I have a feeling I'd come home to it in pieces after they chase it down and crew on it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco has the Rumbas on sale right now.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have one of those...it’s called a dog. Drop food on the ground and it’s instantly picked up and disposed of!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We had two over the last few years. The failure point for us was the battery(ies).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
We traded an older Roomba in for two Shark Ion Robot 750's...one for downstairs and one for upstairs. I'm so much more impressed with the Shark over the Roomba. We have mostly carpeting throughout, and a German Shepherd who loves to shed all year long, and the Shark eats it all up easily. It takes about an hour for the robot to vacuum each floor.

I like the app for it. Very easy to schedule and control, intuitive, and it tells me when/if there are any malfunctions with the unit. Also I can run it through Alexa verbal commands.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Be careful of the dog doo.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have one and it works great.

I have a Pug and they shed a lot...Did I say Pugs shed Wink

It keeps our floors and rugs pretty much spotless of hair.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My daughter got one. Her big corgi hates vacuums. The Roomba started it's run, the corgi did his polar bear pounce, and that was the end to it.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post