SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robot Vacuum?? Wife wants one.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robot Vacuum?? Wife wants one. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
DON'T

That thing will end up being one of your Rotty's next play toy and in a million pieces all over the house. That's what happened with my mom's robotic vacuum a week after she bought it. she came home one day and it was in 30 pieces from one end of the house to the other. The 120lb German Sheperd had enough of it!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My Hound ignores it or leaves the room to get away depending on her mood, after a while they get used to them. Ours works great getting under sofas, beds etc where you never get to with a normal vac due to size.

When it finishes it's run we're amazed at the amount of dog hair, dust etc it picks up.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
DON'T

That thing will end up being one of your Rotty's next play toy and in a million pieces all over the house. That's what happened with my mom's robotic vacuum a week after she bought it. she came home one day and it was in 30 pieces from one end of the house to the other. The 120lb German Sheperd had enough of it!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy

Do you realize this is the third time you told that story in this thread? Smile Twice on page 2.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Well.. Since this is a year old & back from the dead. I'll update:

I went with the: Shark ION ROBOT 750 They run right at $300.

This thing is awesome. Changed my relationship with dog hair. No more dog hair tumble weeds rolling across the hardwood floors. No more heavy duty vacuming. It gets out every night around 3AM and does a sweep of the ground floor.

I highly recommend. And my dogs just flat out ignore it. If it comes towards them they just get up and go to a different room.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
DON'T

Jimmy

Do you realize this is the third time you told that story in this thread? Smile Twice on page 2.

WOOPS. Didn't realize the thread is well over a year old and it got brought back up to the top.....I must be getting senile or something

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post