SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The protest statements are self-reporting abject ignorance.

While the Judge is talking about the Federalist Papers, the protestors are licking gum off the sidewalk.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane Feinstein is a complete moron. Judge K. looks like he's talking to a three year old while answering her questions.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Feinstein: "hundreds of school shootings using assault weapons".

I cannot find exact statistics, but it seems to me that most school shootings are carried out with firearms other than those that fall under her "assault weapon" definitions. I also question her comment that there have been "hundreds" of school shootings.

Then, arguing that the AR15 is not widely used in the US. She claimed they are "stored, not used".

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Diane Feinstein is a complete moron. Judge K. looks like he's talking to a three year old while answering her questions.

He has to, she looks like she has dementia. I don't wish that disease on any one, save the Hildabeast.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:

I cannot find exact statistics, but it seems to me that most school shootings are carried out with firearms other than those that fall under her "assault weapon" definitions. I also question her comment that there have been "hundreds" of school shootings.

Then, arguing that the AR15 is not widely used in the US. She claimed they are "stored, not used".
Her brain is "stored, not used" Roll Eyes

The shit that they say is just unreal. And what's worse is that the media pumps it up like they're facts and then a portion of the people in this country drink it up.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because he is, from a mental capacity standpoint.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Is that dark haired lady sitting right behind Kavanaugh his wife? She looks like she is really suffering through this process. When the protestors start screaming and ranting it appears difficult for her to hide her disdain.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RonJon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:

How bright can a Senator (for many decades now) that has been maintaining for way over 25 years now that the AR15 is not widely used in the US?

The AR15 is actually considered the MOST popular rifle in the USA! Feinstein must be too old for the job AND STUCK ON STUPID!

Posts: 128 | Location: Mn | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Because he is, from a mental capacity standpoint.

She's no mental giant... but I don't think she's as stupid as she plays on TV.
I think I heard that she has had a concealed carry permit for years.
Leftists don't intend to be disarmed themselves, they just intend to disarm you and me. Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feinstein would have convulsions if she knew many people have 8 or 10 ARs and many thousands of rounds of ammo for them.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Showcases The Paranoia Of The Resistance

The Supreme Court confirmation hearings show conspiracy theorists aren’t confined to any political party, they're just treated differently.

Federalist
David Harsanyi

When cameras at Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court hearing caught sight of a woman named Zina Bash, a Republican lawyer, with her arm resting in a position that allowed her index finger and thumb to almost touch—a purportedly racist gesture—a conspiracy theory broke out on social media, accusing Bash of signaling her white nationalist support.

As it turned out, Bash’s background is both Mexican and Jewish, and more importantly, as far as we know, she’s never uttered a prejudiced word in her entire life, much less participated in an alt-right signaling scheme. Of course, even if Bash had been a blue-eyed, blonde protestant, the accusation would have been completely bananas.

In an another incident, a picture of Kavanaugh allegedly declining to shake hands with Fred Guttenberg, the father of a girl murdered at Parkland, Fla., went viral. The belief —this one spread not only by Resistance activists, but also by pundits, reporters and senators—was that Kavanaugh, a heartless corporate elitist stooge of the gun industry, refused to demonstrate even a perfunctory kindness towards a gun victim’s parent.

In reality, a video shows that Kavanaugh was approached by a stranger in a room filled with protesters griping at him all day, so security quickly intervened. Guttenberg, though, went on CNN, and other networks, and asserted that Kavanaugh recognized the bracelets he wears to commemorate his daughter and called security to avoid the interaction. This is seems highly unlikely, and yet no one, as far as I know, even challenged the contention.

In the hyperactive imagination of people who think the Russians have stolen their free will and vote, anyone supporting Trump, and by extension anyone supporting his Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh—an establishmentarian who worked not only for the suddenly-admired President George W. Bush but also the future Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan at Harvard—is merely in league with bigots who’ve taken power in an effort to knock off poor children for the oligarchy.

And if you think the previous sentence is an exaggeration, you’ve not been paying attention.

Now, Bash was able to effectively repel libel against her due to her background. For many Americans who are accused of bigotry because they’ve made an inopportune O.K. gesture, or have sported too-short a haircut, or hold conservative ideological positions, or support one of the two major political parties, or use words like “monkey” in the proximity of an African American, there’s no real defense against these accusations. If the former legal clerk behind Kavanaugh whose fingers touched had been a 30-something white dude, it seems likely that we’d still be debating whether he was a secret Klansman, while destroying his reputation.

Even now, think of the juxtaposition in coverage. “Brett Kavanaugh avoids shaking hands with father of Parkland shooting victim,” might be a factual headline, but it insinuates something completely untrue.

You’ll remember that when some numbskulls showed up at a Trump rally with “Q” signs (a conspiracy theory so convoluted I won’t attempt to explain it, because I can’t), it was blown into a national story; a stark and undeniable reflection of the corrosion of conservatism. “A deranged conspiracy cult leaps from the Internet to the crowd at Trump’s ‘MAGA’ tour,” The Washington Post informed its readers.

Fair enough. On the other hand, the same Washington Post offered a piece, spinelessly headlined, “That was no white-power hand signal at the Kavanaugh hearing, Zina Bash’s husband says,” laden with qualifiers that explain the Left’s descent into madness (italics mine): “A few liberal-leaning accounts with large followings who do not work for traditional news media outlets had noticed that Bash had been making an ‘okay’ sign with her hand as it rested on her arm as she sat behind Kavanaugh at the hearing.”

Well these few liberal-leaning blue-checked stars like Seth Abramson, Amy Siskind, Eugene Gu, Eva Golinger, and the Palmer Report, among other others, each have hundreds of thousands of followers, reaching many millions of Americans. They are conspiracy mongering in much the same way Alex Jones is conspiracy mongering. We’re talking about a significant number of people. The only difference is the treatment they receive from the media—and from social media.

The paranoia that drives people who sport “Handmaid’s Tale” bonnets or believe America is teeming with white nationalists is stoked, to some extent, by a media that offers outsized attention to the few dozen sad Nazi types who gather for protests or fringe hate-mongering “candidates” who would be virtually anonymous otherwise. It is fueled by a political movement and pundits who inject race and sex into every single issue—whether it belongs there or not. All of it, in many ways, merely diminishes and obfuscates the real problems we face with bigotry.

And with apologies to Chuck Todd, this dynamic in coverage only works in one direction. The Women’s March, the heart of resistance, is led by a bunch conspiracy theorizing friends (or worse) of anti-Semites, who, just like many other stars of the anti-Trump opposition, aren’t afforded a fraction of the coverage. It doesn’t mean that most liberals agree with these people. But it does show that irrational beliefs and ugly behavior isn’t confined to any political party. Yesterday’s outbursts are just one example.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
September 5, 2018

Three frauds ginned up by Democrats at the Kavanaugh hearing

The left is out of ideas. Leftists have absolutely no grounds for opposing the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Yet they do, and with a passion. Attempting to politicize the nomination as a right-left matter hasn't worked. So now they're stooping to dirty, filthy tricks.

They cooked up an amazing string of them in their Kavanaugh hearing antics, held in the Senate yesterday. The bottom line in all of them was that they are frauds.

Exhibit A: The scream-fest in the chambers from leftist crazies that most of us heard about.

According to this editorial report in today's Investor's Business Daily:

In the first 40 minutes of Judge Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination hearing, Democrats interrupted the Senate Judiciary Committee proceedings 44 times. That's to say nothing of the protesters who alternately shrieked and cheered.

It was all well planned.

"Democrats plotted coordinated protest strategy over the holiday weekend and all agreed to disrupt and protest the hearing, sources tell me," NBC News' Kasie Hunt tweeted Tuesday morning.

Cripes, they're so comfortable with this fraudy garbage that they can't even keep it a secret.

Then there is this stunt their trolls in the social media community seemingly spontaneously pulled on a young court clerk named Zina Bash, who was seated directly behind Judge Kavanaugh. Exhibit B, according to Heavy.com:

At one point during the hearing, Bash's fingers appeared to be positioned in the "OK" sign. Some white supremacists, members of the alt-right and the so-called alt-lite, along with other Trump supporters, have adopted the "OK" symbol as a way to troll people on the left. It began on 4chan as a "troll effort," but has become more popular, with many people making the symbol in an effort to "own the libs," according to the Anti-Defamation League. As a result, many have started to believe some usage of the symbol is a signifier of white supremacy or racism. And that led prominent members of the "Resistance" and others on the left to accuse her of using a "white power" symbol.

Actually, it was just her hand resting on her arm that drew so much entrails-reading from the rabid left in its bid to Get Kavanaugh. Bash, whose family is Mexican and full of Holocaust-survivors, most certainly wasn't making some "white supremacist" hand signal and didn't even know about this secret handshake of a chimerical fringe group, which leftists, by contrast, seem to be intimately familiar with. Her dad defended her on Twitter and called it nonsense.

But the fraud was out there, even if exposed.

Exhibit C, the third fraud, is the grossest. It's pure swamp slime, and redolent of former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe's sneaky bid to entrap Reince Priebus into some bad press, definitely the sort of game the swamp things just do naturally. According to Conservative Treehouse:

During the senate confirmation hearing today the full antics of the Democrat political apparatus were on display. One of their choreographed and manufactured moments happened when a man named Fred Guttenberg was staged to shake the hand of Judge Kavanaugh during one of the recess breaks. SEE VIDEO:

Fred Guttenberg is one of the parents from the February Parkland High School shooting, a Democrat and a gun control proponent. Judge Brett Kavanaugh, like most of America, had no idea who the guy was who was trying to grab him. It was an entirely staged event put on by Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Democrat party, and coordinated with prior notification to media to anticipate the moment.

Here's how it was scripted.

Be sure to read the whole thing here.

So what they did was stage a handshake with a Parkland survivor father and anti-gun activist, a guy who is not as well known as, say, David Hogg or Emma Gonzalez were, have him pro-offer a handshake like dozens of people in the room were doing, and the cautious and bewildered Kavanaugh just passed him by. Then the plan was to yell that Kavanaugh refused to shake the guy's hand because he was a hateful, mean guy, so cruel and heartless to gun violence-survivors. It was utter bee ess. Had Kavanaugh shaken the hands of everyone throwing one at him walking in, the Democrats would have put a neo-Nazi in the bunch and then yelled that Kavanaugh shakes hands with white supremacists. There was no way Kavanaugh could win on this.

What's even creepier is that Fred Guttenberg, the Parkland survivor father, admitted on Twitter that he was pretty much planning the stunt. With a little help from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who got him in the room, he obviously had a big fish for the media to wolf down in the press on the handshake matter. Yet it was an utter, utter fraud, and like the screamers of Exhibit A, he couldn't keep it a secret.

What does this string of frauds collectively show? That the Democrats are out of ideas, they have no basis for objecting to Kavanaugh on factual grounds, so their next tack is to make some up. It's as if they've become a party of Ben Rhodeses, millions of them, all cooking up fake narratives to hide the ugly reality and the missing facts. This is the Democrats now, and they're starting to stink of fake news, the frauds that drip from their crazed phony narratives.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...g.html#ixzz5QFEQngPB

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Then there is this stunt their trolls in the social media community seemingly spontaneously pulled on a young court clerk named Zina Bash, who was seated directly behind Judge Kavanaugh. Exhibit B, according to Heavy.com:

At one point during the hearing, Bash's fingers appeared to be positioned in the "OK" sign. Some white supremacists, members of the alt-right and the so-called alt-lite, along with other Trump supporters, have adopted the "OK" symbol as a way to troll people on the left. It began on 4chan as a "troll effort," but has become more popular, with many people making the symbol in an effort to "own the libs," according to the Anti-Defamation League. As a result, many have started to believe some usage of the symbol is a signifier of white supremacy or racism. And that led prominent members of the "Resistance" and others on the left to accuse her of using a "white power" symbol.

Actually, it was just her hand resting on her arm that drew so much entrails-reading from the rabid left in its bid to Get Kavanaugh. Bash, whose family is Mexican and full of Holocaust-survivors, most certainly wasn't making some "white supremacist" hand signal and didn't even know about this secret handshake of a chimerical fringe group, which leftists, by contrast, seem to be intimately familiar with. Her dad defended her on Twitter and called it nonsense.

But the fraud was out there, even if exposed.

I was taught while stationed in Germany that most Europeans consider that hand symbol as meaning "You're an asshole", which I think she may have been slyly doing to those Democrat clowns up in front of her.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Protesters being paid ?

(National Sentinel) Organized Outrage: If you caught a story about the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings with POTUS Trump’s latest Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, on the ‘mainstream’ evening news, you most likely saw several screeching “demonstrators” disrupting the proceedings and being hauled out of the hearing room by police.

What you didn’t see was that many of these protesters were paid actors who were literally being given cash out of paper bags and ordered to not only shriek and scream to disrupt the hearings but to “get arrested” if possible.

And it’s all on video.

But then there were the aspiring impromptu “protesters” encountered by three doctors visiting from Texas. The doctors, who stood in line with them outside, told interviewer Adam Schindler that they witnessed organized activists with a literal bag of cash paying the rent-a-mob to shriek, act out, and disrupt the hearing.

https://thenationalsentinel.co...d-from-bags-of-cash/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
what the doctors said:

TOM SCHLUETER, TEXAS: Hello, I'm Dr. Tom Schlueter from Texas, we came here to participate in the hearings, to get in the line. They told us to be here at 8:00, 8:30 at the latest, to get in line to go inside and hear the hearings. We got here at about 8:15 and there was already 100 people in line, and most of them would be probably classified by me as 'opposing everything going on with Judge Kavanaugh,' and so we began to see a process of things unfolding as we were standing in line that kept the line from going ahead.

One thing was there were people who had come along... who had a bag of money, and people would hand them a piece of paper, and then they would give them money. So we know money was exchanged for some of the people to be here, just to protest.

There was no depth to what their understanding, they were just here to be a disruption, protesters. They were actually told, we heard them say this, 'when you go in, we want you to yell, to scream, and even possibly to get arrested.' So that was some of the processes we saw happening...

DOCTOR CHRIS DUNDAS, CORPUS CHRISTI: Hey guys, I'm Dr. Chris Dundas from Corpus Christi in Texas, we're up here for these hearings. I gotta tell you, it was very sad. This is a very time-honored institution in the past, and these young people (mostly young people, but some old people) they seem to have no heartfelt convictions about why they are here. If you have to pay somebody to protest, that's a good tell... Being arrested and being proud of it. Some women came back from these hearings and they seemed disappointed they were not arrested...

DOCTOR BURTON PURVIS, ARLINGTON: Good afternoon, I'm doctor Morton Purvis from Arlington. This experience I shared with these other three guys was quite an enlightening one. I took off my credentials and walked among the people to get more information and be more acceptable to those around us. It was quite interesting as we listened to their attitudes and actions about why they were here and what they wanted to do.

The most telling thing was listening to them giving names and addresses, so when they were arrested, they were keeping a record and celebrating who got arrested, without any regard for any open discussion or even the possibility of being convinced of anything, it was just for the purpose of disruption and to have some kind of disruption of the process.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

...Exhibit C, the third fraud, is the grossest...

..What's even creepier is that Fred Guttenberg, the Parkland survivor father, admitted on Twitter that he was pretty much planning the stunt. With a little help from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who got him in the room, he obviously had a big fish for the media to wolf down in the press on the handshake matter. Yet it was an utter, utter fraud, and like the screamers of Exhibit A, he couldn't keep it a secret...

Does the left have any REAL issues? All I can think of are just as phony:

Black Lives Matter
Occupy Wall Street
Gender wage gap
White privilege
Etc. etc.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Protesters being paid ?

You can be certain of that. Whenever the Left accuses the Republicans of AstroTurfing something, you just know they themselves are AstroTurfing the SHIT out of something.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Republican Senator Ben Sasse has alienated many of us as a Never Trumper; nevertheless, listen to his opening statement yesterday as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Say what you will about his politics, this was an eloquent lesson in civics--especially directed at fellow members of Congress, as well as an effective endorsement of Judge Kavanaugh.

It's a bit over 15 minutes in length, but I think if you begin watching you'll want to watch it all the way through.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Next stop, Ginsburg's funeral.

I am praying for that funeral. the devil needs another handmaiden!!!

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Republican Senator Ben Sasse has alienated many of us as a Never Trumper;

During the campaign, absolutely. But since the election I think he's been fairly even keel. He certainly hasn't gone full retard like Flake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post