SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The VA house dems have now passed a bill making it no longer mandatory to report sexual assault or death threats against a teacher.

https://twitter.com/vahousegop...945143274057728?s=19

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They also shot down a pay raise for Virginia County Sheriff's Deputies. AND they admitted it was in retaliation for the Sheriffs and County Governments passing Second Amendment Sanctuaries.

These tyrants have no shame and are repaying Bloomberg with interest.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That was posted on the previous page with a screen shot of (what I assume) is Senator Bill Stanley's tweet.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Virginia voters

We have an unusual opportunity on 3 Mar 2020

The Democratic Party will hold its primary election (for president) in Virginia on March 3, 2020.

The Republican Party voted to cancel its primary (for president) .

So all of us in Virginia can help the DEMs select their presidential candidate on 3 Mar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

reminder to avoid confusion:

there will be a Republican primary on 9 June 2020 for the 11 Virginia seats in the U.S. House of Representatives and one of the Virginia seats in the U.S. senate

I was going to do that until the local chairperson of the RPV advised that we cannot if we'd like to vote during the conventions. I plan on doing both the April 25th convention for the 7th Congressional District and the May 1-2 State convention. Kinda sucked some air out of the room and I am not sure whether she's just trying to play nice or not, but I'm just passing along the info that I have at the moment. For everyone that isn't gonna go to the conventions.....FUCK THEM SIDEWAYS Big Grin

Our committee chair advised that NO members of a republican committee can vote in the democrat primary.

I will also be at the 7th and state conventions.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, after driving I-81 all the way to Tennessee, I've got to say, "Wow". Lots of country. No wonder guns are 'normal' for most of the state.

Stopped several times, and visited a gun shop in Christiansburg.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Hey, man, I'm thinking that's not a gun shop! Wink

(A darned good place to visit, though!)

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Woodman
The mindset of most Virginians outside of the larger cities and northern areas is much different than the rest of Viriginia.

I have traveled through the areas on I81 you went through, in past years, it's okay to get from A to B, but ultimately boring.

Many extreme Southwest Virginia , eg, Bristol,Va, legislators face a 6 hour drive to Richmond, or any citizen needing to do business or state affairs in Richmond face a very long drive.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
WSLS segment: Local sheriffs speak out over Virginia's gun control debate

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cOyTH2tAbfg

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have some faith in a resurgent Republican Party in Virginia.

I attended the local Republican Party Committee meeting last night, my second since I got motivated.

One motion, and perhaps the one that lasted the longest time was a motion to rescind committee support for a local town council's member.

Last month, support was given, as the town was preparing to vote for 2A sanctuary status and the member assured the committee he was prepared to vote for the move. Yet, rather than vote for the motion, the member abstained. As committee procedures go, the motion was presented, and then in an on-and-off fashion, people were able to speak for or against rescinding support.

After 20 minutes or so of debate, the motion carried, 37 - 32. I am not yet a member, so I could not vote. But the speaker who impacted me the most spoke to "courage" and how abstaining is not a demonstration of courage. You either vote for or against an issue. You abstain only when you have some form of conflict of interest, not because you want to mollify both sides.

In other presentations, mostly candidates running for local positions (delegate, elector, etc.) the Second Amendment was front and center. Several, including one woman, proudly admitted to having their CWP. For years.

The loudest and longest rounds of applause came whenever Trump's name and re-election were mentioned. The theme of Republican unity ran throughout the meeting.

What's being done in Richmond right now is not being ignored. VCDL and Virginia Constitutional Conservatives were in attendance, as they are in every meeting.

I'm encouraged.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This update from VCDL on today's (2/25) VA Senate Judiciary Committee actions:

One victory: HB 1288 (takes away gun rights for misdemeanors) was passed by for the year. Most of the other bills were modified to tone them down slightly, and then passed out of committee. All Democrats on the committee voted wrong on every bill, except HB 1288 (Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, and Morrissey voted with Republicans) and HB 9 (Senator Petersen voted with Republicans). Republicans voted correctly on everything. The bills are now headed to the Senate Floor, where they can be modified again and voted on in a few days.

Here is the status of the bills that were considered (Senator's names in red voted wrong):

H.B. 2

Patron: Plum

Universal Background Check was conformed to the Senate version, which applies only to bonafide sale and not transfers. It passed out of the committee on a 9 to 5 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--9.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Chafin--5.

-

H.B. 9

Patron: Bourne

Must report lost/stolen firearm within 24 hours after discovering loss. Squeaked out on a 8 to 7 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--8.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin, Petersen--7.

-

H.B. 264

Patron: Lopez

Eliminates online training for CHP and was modified to continue allowing NRA instructors to teach. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--9.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin--6.

-

H.B. 421

Patron: Price

Allows localities to pass their own gun control, but was modified to narrow the focus of where guns could be controlled. However, some new locations were added to what locations could be controlled (recreation and community centers). So government can turn areas it controls into "gun free" shooting galleries, with with no requirement to even provide extra security. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 674

Patron: Sullivan

Red Flag law, modified to be similar to the Senate version, but with weaker protections than the Senate version. This bill is still horrendous for our civil rights. Government is not held liable for errors or omissions in stripping you of your firearms, nor are they responsible if your guns, in their possession, get lost of damaged. If this bill isn't tyrannical, I don't know what is. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 812

Patron: Ward

One Handgun a Month, modified to add an exception for CHP holders. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1004

Patron: Mullin

Permanent protective orders take way right to keep and bear arms while in force. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1080

Patron: Hope

Restricts even further who can have a firearm on K-12 school property. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 5 vote.

NAYS--Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin--5.

-

H.B. 1083

Patron: Hayes

Person who leaves a loaded firearm "recklessly" where someone under the age of 18 can have access, could be charged with a Class 6 FELONY. Modified in committee to lower the age back to 14 years-old and reduced the penalty from a Class 6 felony to a Class 1 misdemeanor (up from a Class 3 misdemeanor in current law). Passed out of committee on a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1288

Patron: Murphy

Takes away gun rights for misdemeanor stalking, sexual battery, hate crime, or domestic violence. This bill was carried over for the year (dead) by a 12 to 3 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Norment, Lucas, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin, Deeds, Petersen, Morrissey--12.

NAYS--Surovell, McClellan, Boysko--3.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Google'd myself the other day; some sites show me as a Democrat (registered as such way back in '76 when I turned 18; have voted very strongly R since 1992 at least). Henceforth, thanks to our current leadership in Richmond, Mini-Mike, Sanders, AOC, Joe, etc. I no longer identify as a Dem. On a more positive note, I hope many of these differences can't be reconciled in time (I think the deadline is March 3?) with the House and the bills die with a stake of holly in their heart.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update from the Virginia Shooting Sports Assn. blog from Thursday. AP is reporting several additional measures have passed today.

https://virginiashootingsports...g+Sports+Association)

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
VCDL

Fox News is having a Town Hall meeting with Michael Bloomberg in Manassas on Monday.

Perhaps we should have a large group of gun owners outside the building to welcome him! (tickets are sold out, but there might be a bunch of us inside, too):
Date And Time
Mon, March 2, 2020
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM EST
Gregory Family Theater at Hylton Performing Arts Center
10960 George Mason Cir
Manassas, VA 20110

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That’s less than 5 miles from my house....if it wasn’t for the fact that I see the neurosurgeon Monday for yet another back surgery I might kit up and meet Mr Bloomberg....aah the mind is willing, but the body, not so much

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Update on the Daniel Gade campaign.

Daniel Gade is running to be U.S. Senator from Virginia

I support the Gade campaign, but I do not “speak for” the campaign, so these are my personal thoughts & observations.

The main focus for the last 2 months has been to collect the state wide signatures needed to get on the Republican Party primary ballot for the 9 June 2020 REP primary.

The campaign has collected enough signatures to meet the minimum requirements plus have a large surplus of signatures to likely cover any signatures/petitions that get tossed out. We have been advised to stop collecting signatures as the campaign is right now compiling the petition package to be sent in for formal review by the State Board of Elections. Each individual petition sheet can hold up to 12 signatures, so we are talking about a stack of petitions about 5 inches thick.

Thanks to all the forum members who collected signatures, those who signed the petition, or asked to sign the petition, or will consider voting for Daniel Gade. I am sorry we couldn’t get to everyone who wanted to sign because of time limits and some long distances to signature collectors.

Current Bottom Line: Daniel Gade is not yet formally on the Republican Primary ballot, but the campaign expects its petition submission to be successful and pass the review.

In the words of a fellow forum member, “prepare to be happy”.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^
that’s great news sdy

Keep up the good work.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Excellent.

God bless America.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daniel Gade visiting eastern Virginia this Fri and Sat

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg at Townhall

https://twitter.com/i/status/1234645209935421440

from

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...pushing-gun-control/

The only thing Bloomberg wants to do is ensure that guns are not sold to psychiatric patients, criminals, and minors

what ? Then why are VA DEMs banning phony "assault firearms" ?

What a liar this guy is.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jeepers. Beto is back in the picture.

Fox News link.

God bless America.