SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Latest: Now the clean up after 130,000 evacuated over California dam concerns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Latest: Now the clean up after 130,000 evacuated over California dam concerns Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4240032914

http://www.mercurynews.com/201...near-california-dam/

Evacuation Ordered

Wife tracking updates from where we live.

It seems dire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
We watched a news broadcast from just 24 hours ago, and the newscaster repeated that the residents under the dam were in no danger whatsoever. A lot has changed in 24 hours.

I hope everyone gets out safely (and quickly).

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they are bussing people out

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/1929/web

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Fuck em

...and, where the hell do you live?

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

Stay classy.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Fuck the 44% in that county who voted Cankles Corruptus.

Save the 48% of Butte County voters who voted DJT.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

Dam, dude. That's harsh

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31481 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

If it were nothing but California politicians living in the flood area I might agree with you, but theres alot of good and decent hardworking folks that could lose everything down there. You really need to take a moment and think before you post stupid shit like that.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post

I'm a survivor of the 1955 Maryville/Yuba City/Feather River flood, largest in the country up till that time.

Been tracking some of the comments in http://www.sacbee.com/news/sta...rticle132332499.html

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'm no fan of California, but I don't want to see people die or their livelihoods lost at the expense of the idiots in charge. Lots of good people in California, just like there are in this liberal hellhole I live in.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We joke a great deal about California but, thanks to the Navy, I have number of friends that still live there. Hopefully this won't get as bad as they say it might.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
This gives you an idea of how bad this could get.

OROVILLE DAM INUNDATION AREA

SPEED OF FLOODING

http://www.fresnobee.com/article132332499.html

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
At least this thread has a topic title that actually describes the topic. Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<div class="mcclatchy-embed"></div>

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

Hope you never have to face the possibility of losing everything overnight. Don't be such a douche canoe

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3601 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

Please think before posting things like this.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local news had their helicopter showing it during the 6 o'clock broadcast until it was too dark.
Seems the emergency spillway would be breached and then the entire thing comes down. Prayers that it holds until the water subsides

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fuck em

15k posts in the 5 years since you joined and by now you'd think you would have thought that comment through before you posted. Maybe you did but I bet you'd think a little different if your shit was going to be ruined by the water.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Fuck em

Dam, dude. That's harsh

Clever. It is harsh for those affected only by their fault of living in the affected area. Maybe exx1976 has some inside information??

By the way, has anyone noticed the reporting on this has been very imprecise? Not at all clear as various news reports claim the dam will fail; the emergency spillway is damaged and will fail; the main spillway is damaged and will fail; the auxiliary spillway is damaged and will fail...

Also, "they have increased the flow over the emergency spillway" or "they've increased the flow over the damaged emergency spillway."

Just not at all clear from descriptions what is truly happening. I've had to piece together exactly what is happening from multiple online new sources.

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Local news had their helicopter showing it during the 6 o'clock broadcast until it was too dark.
Seems the emergency spillway would be breached and then the entire thing comes down. Prayers that it holds until the water subsides

Latest word as of 15 mins ago is that the water is receding and at the moment, the emergency spillway will hold. More rain coming for them Thur through Mon and it takes about 24-48 hours for the runoff to reach the lake.

Next week this will likely be in the news all over again.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post