SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Anniversary Subaru of America!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary Subaru of America! Login/Join 
posted
Today is the 50th anniversary of Subaru of America. Their first offering almost killed the company in the U.S.of A. The little Subaru 360 was their first car imported into the country.

On this day of Subaru's anniversary I had my WRX serviced at the dealership, while there I talked to a lady that was picking up her Baja. She compliment me on my WRX, and I on her Baja. I have always liked that crazy thing!

Afterwards I ran so errands and ran into another WRX owner. We talked about our WRX's and went on our way.

I had a couple of more people compliment me on my WRX, and a couple of them were Subaru owners some not. What's funny is how often I get a wave or thumbs up from people, not just from other Subaru owners but they are more "enthusiastic" in their waves.

I have owned Ford's, Pontiacs, Chrysler's, Dodge's, Jeep's, and Toyota's and I have noticed that the most enthusiastic owner of their vehicles are/were Jeep and Subaru owners. Kind of funny.

So, happy anniversary Subaru of America!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If I could afford it, I would definitely rock a WRX STI. Those things are ridiculous. Have a buddy with one, he took me for a ride and it was amazing.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I’m in my fourth Subaru and I’m not gay, smoke weed or a liberal. Just for clarification.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
I’m in my fourth Subaru and I’m not gay, smoke weed or a liberal. Just for clarification.

Neither am I! This is my first Subaru, I love my WRX! One of the most fun vehicles that I have driven, and it's still practical.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I am an angry lesbian myself. My 13 Outback is the best car I have ever owned

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Subaru now & had a Jeep before the Subaru, & YES, I am a very enthusiastic driver! That's just my personality in general though.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
After 2 Ford rangers and a Ford-150, I decided to buy a new Forester this year. Its hard after owning nothing but trucks for almost 20 years to switch to anything else, but Im really enjoying the “Suby” so far. Im really looking foward to upgrading its off-road abilities in the near future and going on some overland adventures with it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I did not know they moved their headquarters from Cherry Hill to Camden.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Thursday I took an '08 Impreza w/70k miles into SubiWorx for an oil change and trans fluid drain/fill . . .

Oil change w/ filter, transmission 5.5 qt drain and fill (it holds more, but I'm not sure of the procedure to do 100%), front pads, complete brake fluid flush, control arm rear bushings.

Yesterday three new tires to match a Michelin Defender 2000 miles old. New cabin (eeeeeewwwww!) and engine air filters.

New NGK plugs in the box but no hand tools ...

But it is handling like it is new. Wow, what a difference. And the HVAC system, duh, I should have been changing that filter yearly for the car's users.

I did find a mystery part on the floor. Any ideas where it goes? (A dime adjacent for size comparison.)

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Keeping lesbians happy for half a century!

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

I did find a mystery part on the floor. Any ideas where it goes? (A dime adjacent for size comparison.)

Looks like the glove box door return spring.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I used to swear by Honda, but I have to admit, my 2013 Crosstrek is the most rewarding car per dollar I've ever owned. Torquey, good handling, practical, fun. It's not fast. But it's quick off the line.

I was invited to a grand opening of our local dealer's new facility. I understand the President and CEO of SA is going to be there. I thought I'd stop by to tell him that a heated steering wheel in the Crosstrek would be of more value to many than the iPad they're now putting on the dash. When they add heated steering wheels, I will own my second Subaru.

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
We're happy to celebrate the outstanding qualities of our '15 Legacy....happy birthday indeed Subaru!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’ve been driving Subaru’s since 1989. When I graduated from EOD school I needed a car to get me and my family from Indian Head Maryland to Hill AFB Utah. I went to the used cars for sale area at Andrews AFB and bought a used 1980 Subaru DL 2door with well over 100k miles on it for $1500. I drove that car cross country and used it for several months until I could afford a better car (which turned out to be a 1990 Legacy). I think I’ve owned 8 of them over the years, the most recent a 2018 Forester XT. I love that little turbo engine, it’s got decent power and great fuel economy along with awd.

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I used to swear by Honda, but I have to admit, my 2013 Crosstrek is the most rewarding car per dollar I've ever owned. Torquey, good handling, practical, fun. It's not fast. But it's quick off the line.

I was invited to a grand opening of our local dealer's new facility. I understand the President and CEO of SA is going to be there. I thought I'd stop by to tell him that a heated steering wheel in the Crosstrek would be of more value to many than the iPad they're now putting on the dash. When they add heated steering wheels, I will own my second Subaru.

My wife’s 2018 Forester XT Touring has a heated steering wheel. Our 7th Subie.

She’ll be 69 ln March and the One before the XT was a 2016 STI. She loved that car. Always had kids coming up beside her trying to race. She loved seeng the look on their faces when they saw the little old lady behind the wheel.

She has back trouble and has a rough time getting in and out of a car. Thus the XT. She sure loved the STI though.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:

Fear Not....The LGBTQwerty, Dope Smokin', Liberal/Progressive stereotype applies to the Subaru Forester owners! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
My wife had a Subaru back in 1975.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
I did not know they moved their headquarters from Cherry Hill to Camden.

And there is a 360 in the lobby.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My mother had a 2wd GL, think it was an '84. Thing was a beast during Erie winters....think: lake effect even with 2wd, we had a center median we had to cross to leave our house it sometimes had 30"+ on it...as long as you had a bit of momentum you could easily make it through.

When VW was made to give us $$ for our TDI it really was an easy choice. Even though we live in Texas having the AWD is a great safety factor. And it being an XT makes it fun. I was pleasantly surprised to get 27mpg on road trips.

Great cars, I keep debating getting a 3.6 Outback instead of truck.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
2010 Forester owner here. Its my wife's car. Love it. I'd get one for myself but most models since 2015 are going with the CVT. I refuse to own one after a very bad and expensive experience with a CVT in a 2003 Saturn.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post