SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Anniversary Subaru of America!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary Subaru of America! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They like IKEA got their start in New Jersey of all places, IIRC.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
2012 Outback owner here. Very high ownership satisfaction out of this car. I bought a much nicer car in November (2018 Land Rover Discovery), but I still love my Subaru and end up using it as my daily driver.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

As did Datsun, BMW, VW.....

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
2017 Forester with Eyesight, here. Great car.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

absolutely none of these companies started in New Jersey.

That aside I'm a big fan of the 6 stars, next time I buy a car they'll absolutely be in the running.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
2016 Forester XT owner. Great car for the wife. She's able to get the 250hp Turbo to 30 MPG. I could only get 23 MPG when I drive. The Turbo is too fun. Since Subaru decided to drop the XT model, this will be our first and last Subaru. Yes, the Accent has a Turbo, prefer the Forester size. Read many reviews about the 2019 Forester being gutless.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
didn't Malcolm Bricklin start Subaru of America???...SILs Forester is pretty nice...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. The Subaru commercials are approaching the level of the Chevy commercials. I do not like FEEL GOOD commercials when it comes to automobiles. If I am correct Click and Clack liked Subarus.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6 here (very energetic little wagon), and previously a 2004 Forester that we lost in an accident when some idiot arguing with her boyfriend ran a stop sign- we t-boned her at about 40 mph. Popped both front bags (burned my wrists) but otherwise, everyone OK.

I remember driving a Brat around in the early 80's. Great little vehicle that inspired the Baja.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
didn't Malcolm Bricklin start Subaru of America???...SILs Forester is pretty nice...

Bill

Yes, he did. He was trying to get Subaru to keep building the little Rabbit scooter, but they showed he their new product the Subaru 360 and he worked out a deal to start Subaru of America.

I have wanted a WRX since they first came out, I just thought that they were cool.

As the years went by and the WRX because more refined, yet keeping to it's original roots, I wanted it more.

I finally was able to get me a WRX, and I love this thing. Fun to drive, comfortable, and practical. I get an average of 24.5 MPG and that's mostly back country highways with plenty of " spirited driving" thrown in there.

I have a 2013 hatchback, and it has unequal exhaust headers so unlike the newer 2015 and above I still have the " Boxer Rumble", which I love to hear as I'm going down some country road in the twisties.

A couple of friends have Outback/Foresters and they have never had a problem with them.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
A little known fact:
1969 Cherry Hill NJ there was a $1 per run torture track of a caged frame car. You raced against the Clock if you beat the timer you won a free Fast Track T shirt. I had a few dozen of them, but so did my buddies, wonder what they would have been worth today?
We literally beat the hell out of those cars, you couldn't kill 'em.
It was what was to be known as SUBURU on the land that became their USA Headquarters.
They recently moved to the old Campbell Soup Factory in beautiful Camden NJ.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

absolutely none of these companies started in New Jersey.

That aside I'm a big fan of the 6 stars, next time I buy a car they'll absolutely be in the running.

I think you are misunderstanding us.

We are talking about established companies GETTING THEIR UNITED STATES START, not their establishment.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Had my ‘15 Legacy 3.6R (pre-eyesight) for 49 months/73k miles. Loved that car. No issues. Went back to BMW because I heard they were stopping hardtop convertible production so I had to grab one. Looking at the new 2020 Legacy or the Ascent since the BMW is rather small for two kids and two dogs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
I am an angry lesbian myself. My 13 Outback is the best car I have ever owned

Have you ever met a happy lesbian?

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
quote:

Meet our newest Senator, Kyrsten Sinema?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
quote:

yes, but their actions always dictated they weren't as lesbian as they claimed, but I digress.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My late wife had two Foresters and thoroughly loved them both.
Great in the snow.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I think I may have been in Alaska too long. I'm starting to think a fun car would be a Subie with studded snows at all 4 corners.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71: ... a fun car would be a Subie with studded snows at all 4 corners.

The studs might be useful to avoid skidding through so many intersections. Because once you start driving, you forget there is smooth packed snow beneath the wheels.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I think I may have been in Alaska too long. I'm starting to think a fun car would be a Subie with studded snows at all 4 corners.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post